Good LMG for TR

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by krokolop, Aug 1, 2014.

1. jiggu

You have one hundred rounds and you can only remove 2-3 traitors?
  2. jiggu

Great montage, it was mostly smashing low-BRs though. It does show that the MSWR has great damage output though.
  3. Unclematos7

Rhino. Only Rhino. That thing is so accurate with the adv forward grip.

I tried switching to the TMG and MSW after the auraxium, but now I'm back to the T16.

TMG is a bad SAW-S and the MSW has some hefty vertical recoil.

Carv-S is much better since PU2, haven't tried the Bull yet, and the Carv is, well, the Carv.
  4. Covah

What bothers me with the MSW-R is that it's just a nerfed Orion...it's a good weapon but just not as good.

I prefer to stick with the large magazine Carv or Butcher.
  5. Corezer

I call Bull on Unclematos7's post!

T-32 Bull that is!
    • Up x 1
  6. Maphreal

My three go-to guns for the TR thus far are:

TMG-50 for mid-long engagements only.
    MCG for biolabs, tech plants, or anywhere with tons of corners to dish out some BRRRRRT enemas.
    Carv-S for everything else.
  7. Peasnriz

I do not have the MCG or T-16.

I use the T-9 Carv the most and spray randomly in the enemys direction sometimes because well its only advantage over the Orion is that its got a bigger magazine.
    Medium range I usually use the T-32 with high velocity ammo and a x2 scope I find its excellent bullet velocity makes leading targets very easy. However the TMG-50 is good also with its low horizontal recoil if you can learn to handle the high vertical recoil you can really be very accurate with it.

MSW-R used to be my CQC go to but since the nerf to its hipfire its just not that great at it and I find the up and to the right recoil pattern hard to adjust to because just about all my other weapons just have a up recoil (I do not play heavy primary, I am sure the pattern is something you could get used to.)
    Now CQC I am more likely to use an SMG something like the Armistice or Hailstorm great when your strafing. The Armistice having a quicker time to kill within the first 15meters than the T-9 or MSW and you get the 1.0x movement multiplier.
  8. Gamingroach

I find the default T9 Carv as one of the best starting weapons in the game when taking advantage its close range DPS...MSW-R is just a faster reloading version of the T9 but not much else. Both weapons handles very similar to each other though I personally prefer the Carv for the drum mag as I like to fire away as much as possible while my positioning handles reload downtime as my shields regenerate. TMG-50 is a great weapon for ranged engagements but not much else for what it offers.

My preferred loadout for the T9 Carv is

1x or 2x Reflex
    Foregrip
    Flash Suppressor / Silencer (depending on the situation)

MSW-R:

2x Reflex
    Foregrip
    Flash Suppressor

TMG-50:

3.4 DMO sight
    Foregrip
    Compensator
    High Velocity Ammo
  9. SkyEstaLimit

Rhino is awesome. I got it free on the quizz and its my fav long range lmg by far. I couldnt stand the TMG, but this one feels like shooting lazers, so accurate. In close range its not too hot but the accuracy can work.

I feel like the MSW is overrated. I prefer the carv over it. Its not that bad, but it kicks too much. I just feel like there is nothing advanced about the advanced laser

Carv is great ... i just stopped using it after auraxium ... i guess i want the butcher eventually.
  10. Sock

MSWR is much better off with a foregrip
    • Up x 1
  11. Corvus Corax

I've been using adv laser sight lately for MSW-R. I find that the hipfire accuracy is something I need, because if I'm engaging targets at > 30 meters I'm doing it wrong anyways.
  12. ComradeHX

There really isn't a good one.

TMG-50, T32 Bull, Carv-S, and MSW-R are the good ones compared to rest of TR LMG which are all average.

But TMG-50 is essentially a nerfed EM6, MSW-R and CARV are both out-done by Orion, and T32 is simply too weak in cqb.

Want good LMG? Don't play TR heavy. The only thing TR HA has over the other factions(since certain AV weapeon nerf...) is a great sidearm for cqb...
  13. Edelhonk

Since i already have all TR LMGs on Auraxium this is my List

before Butcher and MCG (BRRT) buff

LongRange: T32 or TMG 50...for me i liked the Bull more
    Medium Ranges: Here TR lake some really good LMGs imo...normally i took the CARV for that
    Short Range and Night: MSW-R
    Close Range: well...grab a shootgun or an SMG

after Butcher:

Long Range: still the Bull
    Running and Gunning: MCG
    CQC: still shotgun or SMG
    everything else: THE BUTCHER!!!!! (I love the Gun...slap a 2X or NV on it and call it a day)
  14. SharkliteTR

Br30, newly back to PS2 after beta and many years of PS1. My experiences in the past two months~

Longer ranges: TMG50 and HV ammo. Tap-fire, aim well. You'd be surprised at the distance you can wing headshots at after you plink the shields down.

Long/Mid: Same Again. TMG50 and HV ammo. Burst a bit more. Similar results, bonus of much daka-daka if it gets crowded.

Mid-range: MSW. Foregrip, reflex sight, burst and go nuts if anyone closes.

Mid/Short: MSW. Soft-point ammo, watch 'em melt if they get cocky and try bumrushing you.

Short: ....eh, F1 Barrage, extended clip :p I know it's a shotgun, but if you're meeting people superclose, step away from the LMG soldier.
  15. Ressk

I am not sure if anyone else runs with this, but my dear CARV has carried me through more firefights than any other LMG so far. I will admit I am still a poor little TR soldier who does not have many options but I run the following:
    CARV
    4x Chevron scope
    Grip

Seems fine at range, albeit more as a suppression weapon, but single taps can remove lone snipers. I never have an issue with the 4x at my range, as I stick away from the close in fights and set up in covering positions usually. My 2 cents
  16. Neo3602

Interesting sight choice, if wouldn't mind trading 50rpm for better attachment options and lower recoil(because of the lower RPM) you might like the CARV-S
  17. krokolop

I think Vanu has the best LMGs. Orion is my favorite and I dont like TRs LMGs, T9 Carv has big reload time and MSW-R bad aim for me.
  18. pnkdth

I keep returning to the CARV(grip/2x Green T-reflex). 100 rounds with 750RPM is perfect for my rather aggro playstyle. Once you learn to keep good firing discipline it works pretty well at mid range as well.

Looking fowards to the sale for LMGs so I can get the Bull. Had it unlocked on a now deleted character(thought I had it unlocked with SC), and I am missing it. With a compensator and grip it becomes the most accurate LMG in the game... But it gets better, it also have a base 670m/s bullet velocity. That is even higher than T3 sniper rifles! If you put SPA(and you should) you still have an impressive 636m/s.

I do not think it is underrated so much as it is underused due to being behind a 1000cert barrier or 700SC. I imagine most go straight for the Rhino. The odd part is that Higgles want to buff the Bull. Not to that mind, or anything. :cool: