God Saw

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Schwak, Oct 7, 2013.

1. GamerOS

Anyone who unironically calls the Gaus SAW the GodSAW should be treated like the idiot they are and any argument they are making can be dismissed as rambeling nonsense.
    • Up x 2
  2. OddChelsea

Most worthless weapon in the game? Now you are just being ridiculous. The Gauss Saw is THE best long range LMG, bar none. Single shots and you can snipe people with it. It isn't the best up close but the further away you are the more dominant it becomes. The Saw is not perfect but it is by no means bad or worthless.
    • Up x 3
  3. KnightCole

Its a decent enough gun certed but EM6, it is definitely better. I think ive lost my touch with the NC6. EM6 is just so awesome.

EM6 <3
    • Up x 1
  4. HerpTheDerp

So it's the best weapon in a role that is completely worthless? Okay.
    • Up x 1
  5. KnightCole

Completely worthless? Not quite....just so rar....ok, ok...worthless...
  6. SquattingPig

Yeah, the GOD SAW is so amazing at long range. I stand 150m away from my enemies and just tap firing them to death or until they get scared and run away. Without me, my platoon would just fall apart.
  7. lilleAllan

0.75x ADS movement doesn't make much sense when coupled with the worst while-moving accuracy for a lmg though
    • Up x 1
  8. HerpTheDerp

I'm fairly certain it's not just for an LMG, but among all small arms in the game.
  9. FABIIK

If there's a decent sniper in this group of enemies, you're dead.

Camping with the SAW = sniper magnet
  10. Tenebrae Aeterna

I have to agree.

Anyone trying to camp out a location essentially makes themselves very lucrative to a sniper, even if you're constantly moving around. We tend to look out for targets that aren't nessisarily partaking in an unpredictable path...so even if someone is dancing, we'll often watch them for that perfect moment to strike if they don't appear to be leaving that point anytime soon. Eventually, everyone stops moving or, for the exceptional snipers out there, slows down to a point where we're going to get that headshot. Even if we don't, for these types of individuals, we may actually waste the ammunition to take out with multiple shots.

Dance dance the night away!

With that said, you may still score a good bit of kills before we manage to nail you...so long as you're good with your footwork and unpredictable in your dance routine.
  11. jiggu

Well it's still the strongest LMG in the game. What bothers me the most is that no other faction has any slower-firing high-damage LMG like this.
  12. Solo59486

Probably because its the NC's faction trait...
  13. SquattingPig

My last post was sarcastic....
    • Up x 1
  14. TheTreeness

Regardless of all these arguments for/against, valid NC LMGs that we all can agree on is the EM6 and/or Anchor. Each of these weapons stats are definitely above the rest of the NC LMG selection (NC6 is still debatable). Most people will like the EM6/Anchor, I prefer the NC6 myself.
  15. HerpTheDerp

Now go tell a new player that if he wants to be on equal footing with VS/TR HA he first has to grind at least 500 certs.
  16. Hibiki54

Am I the only one that uses the Gauss SAW in CQC like a shotgun to a zombie's head?
  17. HerpTheDerp

Yes, because most people use shotguns when they want a shotgun.
  18. KnightCole

Guass SAW, lower recoil to .5, buff hipfire up just a touch. Improve its movement accuracy CoF a bit. Buff RoF to 525-550RpM. Let it keep AFG and Comp. Increase Velocity to like 640ms. Drop HVA off it.

Keep the Reload and damage the same.
  19. Mxiter

Gauss saw is fine.
    It already the long range weapon (velocity, low horizontal recoil) with the pest potential DPS.

It's only drawback are slighlty lower ADS + moving COFs and worse hipfiring COF (with good hipfiring COFs, it would be a CQC beast).

Higher ROF would give it more recoil: harder to handle at range and would makes it a CQC beast wile it's not it's purpose.

It's already the best long range autoweapon of the game, don't be too much greedy NCs.
  20. Hibiki54

I got all Shotguns Auraxium'ed. Hardly use them anymore since I have the Jokehammer.

Edit:

On topic, I would like to see the SAW velocity buffed to 640 m/s. That's the only thing it needs.

On that note, all the 200 dmg weapons should be no less than 600 m/s velocity