[Suggestion] Give Vanguard Shield a Downside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kozlovsky, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Foxirus

Your vanguards inherent abilities are more armor resistances than any tank in the game, and higher shell velocities than any thank in the game and not single cert need be spent. How about you take off the NC goggles every now and then? Your tank has inherent abilities that are just as good, If not better, Than the other faction tanks.
  2. Foxirus

Oh believe me, If I could record on the 64 bit client, I would show you that magriders get hit CONSISTENTLY 200m out no matter how fast their 20KPH strafe seems.
  3. Alarox

It was never 4k health. It was 3k health.
  4. Alarox

If there's anything to take away from this thread, it would be this.
    • Up x 2
  5. Alarox

"If we ignore the Prowler, then the Vanguard has the highest DPS of all MBTs. It has 3.4% more than the Magrider."
    • Up x 8
  6. Shockwave44

I said DPS, not rate of fire.
  7. WTSherman

You must really suck at math. The Prowler has over 800 DPS on its primary gun, 833.3 if you assume it spends 1 second firing and 2 reloading. It easily goes over 1,000 when anchored. The Vanguard and Magrider both have around 500. 518 for the Vanguard, 497 for the Magrider. Not that big a gap between those two and it's easily closed by a Saron. At max reload speed they get 593 and 574 respectively.

So:
    Prowler: 833/1000
    Vanguard: 518/593
    Magrider: 497/574

Which of these has the highest DPS?
    • Up x 1
  8. RyanGUK

I really want to see whether this whole "I've played with tons of tanks for hours" is true, but not just that, I'd love to see whether you main Heavy Assault most of the time.

"Feel like a **** when I just pop the shield" sounds a lot like you're a Heavy user trying to apply it to something else because you got wrecked by a Vanguard who waited until the last moment to pop his shield to defend himself, and you inevitably got blown up.

Vanguard shield is fine, it got nerfed pretty hard already and you can take it down much faster than you used to be able to. Wipe your tears away & start trying to get better. Whining nerf at things that killed you isn't going to make them kill you less.
  9. ronjahn

It's pretty funny that you see redeploying and attacking the enemy from a flank as "Running away." This is a major problem with the infantryside players in this game: refusing to leave a clearly outnumbered and lost base and then complaining they are getting farmed/zerged.

Pulling a vehicle is exactly what you should do to attack a vehicle Zerg that size(it also helps to bring a few friends with you because when outnumbered by that many vehicles, you really don't stand a chance on your own)

If pulling a vehicle isn't your thing, then continue to spawn in and get farmed. That's your choice. You're outnumbered 10-1 in that scenario and if you think you as a lone infantry should be able to counter that sized Zerg on your own, there's something seriously wrong with you.

For someone who consistently told people thoughout this thread to Learn to play, you seem to be the one who needs a lesson in learning to play the vehicle game. And I'm not referring to learning to gear pop. That skill makes little to no impact on actual gameplay other than getting to a top speed faster. I'm referring to positioning, tactics, flanking, and generally understanding what counters what in this game.
  10. Problem Officer

[IMG]
    Too busy doing stunts in Harasser to speed up my Vanguard.
    I suggest amplifying the ES mobility aspects of each MBT a bit more.
    Traction+stability for Vanguard, rotation/steering for Prowler, brakes+strafe for Magrider.
  11. Demigan

Ah wait, the "higher armor values" only works for the side. The frontal armor has few weapons it can take more hits from than the Prowler or Magrider. The side armor is it's only advantage, but it's a tiny advantage at best.
    As for the highest muzzle velocity, have you looked at the Prowler's anchor mode? Don't start yapping about "but you need to stand still for that". Also, even if they aren't in anchor mode, hitting something with a Prowler or Magrider isn't exactly much more difficult than with a Vanguard. The speed difference is significant, but not that significant. Especially with our reloads, the advantage of having faster muzzle velocity is quickly destroyed.
    So the reason why I didn't mention them: they are barely any advantages at all. Maybe I should have mentioned them, but I would think people would say "see? They do have advantages, now go away", while skipping over the fact that they are much less useful advantages than the other two tanks have. Look at the Magrider: it doesn't have the DPS of the Prowler, it's DPS is even slightly worse than the Vanguard, it doesn't have the armor ratings of the Vanguard either, also, the Magrider has a stuck turret that can't rotate out of place! Yet the Magrider is the best tank killer of the game. What can you point at that would make a tank, that underperforms in armor, DPS and turret movement still more powerful than the other two in tank engagements?
    it's inherent ability: floating, dodging (however overrated), stable firing while moving, more stable firing when moving across course terrain, capability of moving across rough terrain or climbing mountains, the ability to always have front-armor facing the enemy they fire at.

No certs required.

The Prowler has a great option in it's dual cannon. It's AI ability become quite high, and he performs on much the same level as the Magrider in kills. It's anchor ability doesn't have synergies with it's movement and speed, but it still performs admirably.
  12. Nimbubu

The shield should be used as a defensive slot but everytime I encounter it, it's used for offense. Give it eh ability of being used for defense by making no damage being able to be shot from the vanguard while under the affects of the shield.
  13. WaaWaa

Most tank drivers are so bad anyway lol. The career tankers know how to use each vehicle's special abilities either against their opponents or find ways to skirt them and pounce them when they are at their weakest.

Same "nerf it because it killed me" forum posting that always gets posted on here. You can move along nothing to see here.
    • Up x 5
  14. Foxirus

No, You failed to mention them because you refuse to remove your NC colored goggles. You wanted to make it look like the vanguard frame didn't have anything valuable to it to try and make your post look valid. This entire post that you just did was literally you trying to call every one of its advantages crap in some way or form when those advantages are equal, if not better than their TR and VS counterparts.
  15. Ixidron

Anchored mode and magburn can also be used for offense, just in different ways, magburn to ambush and dodge, anchored mode to blow the crap out of everything from 500m away on top of a hill, ever tried to fight between red ridge quartz and that goddamn tower? there are tons of prowlers in the hill, same happens between NS storage and the techplant or the lookout.
  16. Bananenweizen

This is the point, actually. Do you have any hard facts suggesting that the build-in advantages of Vanguard are equal or better than the built-in advantages of Magrider/Prowler? Like, for example, that the additional armor of Vanni is equal or better than the additional mobility of the Mag?
  17. Foxirus

Do you have any proof they aren't? Your argument goes both ways.
  18. Huishe

Yep. Better cannon, better ES AV secondary and better armor of Van means an engagement without ES abilities used will lead to van winning. Same story with es ability, tho. Van is just good tank, how tanks should have been, and the best in the current game.
  19. Bananenweizen

All performance statistics coming from the actual game are showing Vanguard performing worse or - in some very special configurations/metrics - at most equal to Magrider and Prowler. And this is despite having the o-my-god-I-could-press-a-button-and-auto-win-Shield equipped at basically 100% of Vanguards.

So yes, I have plenty of proof they aren't.
  20. Bananenweizen

Dude, claiming that Vanguard is better at everything and should win everything because you think so is not what "hard fact" is, it is basically the opposite. We all know that you think Vanguard is the best tank out there. But do you have any hard facts supporting this claim? To give you a idea in which direction you should think: better weapons/vehicles tend to get more kills and/or die less while doing this in PS2. Is this valid for Vanguard? And if not, how so?