[Suggestion] Give TR Auraxium Weapons belt-fed system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sL360, Oct 17, 2014.

1. gretchog

I'm not sure I follow. If the GODSAW did 200dmg out to 20m instead of 10m, and 167dmg out to 130m instead of 105m, it's just a slight balance change, but it would mean NC would hit like a freight train at a surprising distance.
  2. TheMish

Before I even clicked that link, I imagined the TR soldier holding a belt of bullets going into the gun, with the gun in the other hand.

Agreed :D
  3. Sir.Rip Yo Fezz Off

That seems kinda boring though compared too unlimited ammo and the entire ammo pool being one huge mag.
    • Up x 1
  4. gretchog

True, just an idea to get the ball rolling :)
  5. Maljas23

People are denying this change before balance is even a discussion. Please try to keep an open mind if you're going to reply to this thread.

That said, I believe Alchemist44's suggestion is perfect for balance. Of course, we would need to see it in action to be sure.
    • Up x 1
  6. Predator01cz

I suggest armor piercing rounds for the GODSAW.. They won't be actually doing damage to heavy armor, but will be capable of penetrating multiple targets and doing increased damage to light armor (e.g. harassers, flash, ESF, Valk)

That seems unique and at par with unlimited dakadaka that TR would have
  7. radrussian2

what are you ****** high?
  8. Mongychops

How would you balance this? It would be OP on the AR and carbine, and UP on the LMG.

The VS heat mechanic is balanced by giving the smallest damage / magazine weapons even less damage per magazine (and they removed attachments at the same time, eg SPA from Eclipse and Grip from Betelgeuse).

One of the key weaknesses of TR ARs and carbines is that their large damage per magazine is coupled with longer reloads. If you completely remove this weakness, and give them a 240 magazine size AR or carbine, you will need significant downsides.
    • Up x 2
  9. Goretzu

It would, I'm not convinced that would remotely be equal or balanced with the TR basically having no reloads on their Aux weapons though.

It can work, al la the MCG, but that is a very different sort of weapon (although there I'd guess more take RoF than extended mags now) to any LMG or Carbine or SMG or AR or Shotgun or Pistol.

Aux weapons need a balance pass (the GODSAW, for example, is currently just worse than a sensibly certed NC6 SAW), but this would require everything to be changed and rebalanced, and as I said I don't think it is a great idea for Aux weapons to be more than a tiny bit better than normal ones anyway (ideally IMO not better at all, but perhaps more flexible in a similar way to the JH).

That's pretty much because it would be a huge benefit to TR Aux weapons that at the very least would require a complete rebalance of all Aux weapons and at worst of all weapons (Aux or not - depending on whether the Devs want Aux weapons to just be out and out better or not).

It could (maybe) be balanced I suppose, by making all TR Aux weapons basically MCG bullet hoses, but I'm unconvinced that would really satisfy the majority of players even if it were possible (which I doubt tbh).

Conversely I'm unsure that (for example) NC lower damage drop off would equal it, in a lot of weapons it wouldn't do a lot (unless it was a big difference), and in some weapons it might do far too much (SMGs), which again brings up a massive amount of balance issues and the inevitable forum complaint threads.

Then you have to consider that the Devs don't seem to have balanced Aux weapons as direct upgrades to normal weapons (some Aux weapons are actually worse), but rather seem to have generally balanced them as slightly more flexible side-grades.

This suggestion very much reminds me of the Jump Jets for VS MAXs suggestion tbh; cool idea, hideously difficult to impliment in a remotely balanced way.
  10. vsae

Belt fed is easy to balance by overheating. Same as AI engi turret. You guys have zero imagination, not that it is needed anyway.
    • Up x 3
  11. Mongychops

Right, but then it becomes the same as the VS mechanic, without the infinite ammo. OP was trying to think of someone unique for TR auraxium guns, what you are suggesting is the opposite of something unique.

A unique "heat" mechanic would be one that tied the heat to rate of fire, with rate of fire changing (up or down either is possible for balance) as the gun heats.
  12. sindz

Id love to see the amount of insane rage if TR got a 25 round carbine much like teh VS directive one. Holy jesus, the forum would go down.
    • Up x 2
  13. vsae

Well, the "best" is the enemy of all the "good"
    I'm up for overheat mechanic for tr auraxium variants, and it will be unique, as it will be different from VS heat mechanic and unique compared to normal guns. That is the sort of uniqueness I would take. I dont need gimmicky weapon which would be either op or nerfed to hell.

Lets say, CARV with 50 rounds fired at 750 RPM, then RPM decreases over time(basically over shots) to 400 for next 25 rounds, then overheat.
    Overheat takes 6 seconds to cool off.
    Overheat takes 3 seconds to cool off if you stopped firing when RPM started to decrease (after 50 shots)
    Overheat takes 1.5 seconds to cool off if you didnt fire 50 shots.

I admit that is not really much different from the standard CARV, but this new carv would require different playstyle. It is unique enough for me, not sure about you Mongy :)
  14. TheMish

I'm pretty sure it'd go more quiet as people quit.

A lot of TR already seem to be at their breaking point. And the VS wanna complain about the Spiker pffff
  15. Goretzu

Most of the time the 3 factions are withing 1% of each other. To me this supports my own opinion that the factions are as balanced as they have ever actually been.
  16. z1967

I like this idea, would probably be balanced by rapidly expanding bloom or a lowered ROF for the weapons.
  17. RDKillerITA

How about a similar mechanic of BF 2142 LMG?
  18. Casterbridge

No clue how those work could you explain?

To the OP the idea is interesting, but would require a heck of a balance pass, as has been mentioned.
  19. bubbacon

Exactly
  20. RDKillerITA

Initial COF is **** only after holding the trigger for a couple of seconds the COF will stabilize but if you shoot to long the weapon will overheat.
    Something similar to this.
    • Up x 1