[Suggestion] Give TR Auraxium Weapons belt-fed system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sL360, Oct 17, 2014.

1. sL360

I heard a rumor today about a potential change to TR auraxium weapons. I don't know if it was mentioned by a dev somewhere or just something a few players came up with, but I thought it was such a cool idea I'd post about it.

Basically, give TR auraxs no need to reload. They have their entire ammo pool in one magazine. Ultimate dakka for all that hard work you went through to get that auraxium weapon. So in short, a TR heavy running around with a butcher would be something akin to this.

You'd never have to reload...but you'd still need ammo of course. Just a little something to make the weapons unique like VS and their heat mechanic on all their auraxium guns. Thoughts?

*EDIT: I almost forgot about NC. Any ideas on a unique mechanic for their aurax's would be appreciated. But something more than just "stick a shotgun on it" (I already thought of that one...)
    • Up x 9
  2. Maljas23

3. Ztiller

Ok. What will be the balancing factor? The balancing of the Heat mechanic is a smaller mag. What will be the TR tradeoff?
    • Up x 5
  4. Alchemist44

Maybe a tad higher bloom? Or not higher bloom, but the weapon will reach the max bloom of the CoF a bit quicker?
    • Up x 3
  5. Kociboss

The usual.

Extreme lack of accuracy.
    • Up x 9
  6. Schwak

The fact that all our weapons are dogsh*t.
  7. Ztiller

And all the other factions weapons are OP, am i right?
    • Up x 12
  8. Sir.Rip Yo Fezz Off

I always found TR weapons to be very controllable.

Edit: Though wouldn't this idea make the butcher pointless?
    Could also make the shuriken quite feared.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kociboss

That's cool.
  10. Schwak

Not OP, but VS and NC guns don't seem to suffer from the extreme horizontal that TR do.
  11. Ztiller

You do know that the CARV now have less horizontal recoil than the Orion, right?
    • Up x 2
  12. sL360

I knew this would happen...Can we have a serious discussion about this? I'd rather not have one of my only threads devolve into a mudslinging fest so soon.
    • Up x 7
  13. Kociboss

As long as the crusading forum warriors are alive, it will always devolve into that.
    • Up x 1
  14. Sir.Rip Yo Fezz Off

Then you came to the wrong forum.

Anyways, since noone other than you mentioned the NC yet, it is a very good point that if something like this is added into the game, they'd need something too. Lower fire rate for even bigger damage could be something. Another thought i had was higher damage and velocity, but the guns' first shot of a burst is delayed, but that seemed unweildly.
  15. Liberty

Just some fun facts about the better TR weapons and their min/max horizontal recoil values.

T9 Carv has less side to side than the Orion or SVA,

The T1 Cycler does have higher side to side than the stock pulsar, but is also one DPS tier above it. (Higher damage tier usually means higher values)
    TORQ-9 has less side to side than the Terminus VX-9
    TAR=HV-45

Trac 5 again has more than the Solstice (for the same reason)
    The Lynx has less than the VX6-7
    The Jag has a very very small amount less than the Zenith. (Both 0.75 ADS 143@750 carbines)
    • Up x 4
  16. gretchog

NC's aurax weapons could come with a longer range damage dropoff maybe?
  17. sL360

I know these forums are capable of well constructed thought. Sometimes you just have to slog through the crap. So with that note, I have this;

NC auraxiums could have a sort of 'overclock' function where they can press a button like the fire mode button or something and it starts to glow a bit brighter with increased stats or something with a drawback of decreased stats for a period of time.

*EDIT* Oh god...did I just suggest a ZOE like function for NC weapons? :eek:
  18. sL360

I like that. Keeping in the mindset with the butcher, it'd be like this.

You have the capability to go full rambo and keep firing, but your accuracy eventually degrades to a point where you can't even hit the broadside of a barn. If you're smart, you can keep a good flow going, but overdo it and you have to wait for your accuracy to come back.
    • Up x 3
  19. Sir.Rip Yo Fezz Off

In that way, the forum is like the game is it not? a lot of craptalk, but with some quality structured conversations here and there.

So the guns overcharge their coils for a momentary boost of power, but go through a weaker cooldown period? Could work.
    You know, i feel the game could really do well with one "gimmick" weapon per class that isnt auraxium. One which has the same gimmick, but of course, isnt a auraxium, cause i'd love to play with the heat mechanic on something. Or such an ammo mechanic, or overcharge mechanic as well on specific weapons. It would also greatly help more people test these mechanics.

Although with the never-ending mag idea, wouldn't that require new models for the weapons? Then again it could just be explained that the weapon constructs the ammo with 3D technology
    • Up x 1
  20. Goretzu

No way that equals no need to reload....... unless there is something like no range damage drop off! :eek:

I can't see the Devs ("rumour" or not - and I think not) being daft enough to do this.
    The Aux weapons currently need a balance pass without a doubt, but doing stuff like this would require EVERYTHING to be rebalanced...... which seems hugely counter-productive.

The Aux weapons at best should just be a tad better than their vanilla equiverlents (and IMO shouldn't be better at all, just perhaps more flexible).