Give the Magrider "no bullet drop". It's a Vanu trait....Right?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, May 22, 2014.

1. quatin

Default RLs are only 115m/s, so you get an entire second to dodge at 115M. Play the ADAD game and you can easily dodge down to 75m. You can't do that with the other faction MBTs. You can only hope the rocket comes from the side and you have enough room in front to move. Ironically, the only RL that works against the Magrider is the Lancer.

I'm not saying magburn away from a tank. I'm saying you can magburn away from C4 fairies. If you see the fairy overhead, you can just hit magburn and assuming you're not pointing at a wall, you can throw off his aim. For the other factions, if you see the C4 fairy overhead, it's already too late. Not to mention the Magrider gets the most effective AI secondary gun to take out the C4 fairy before it gets close anyways.

Magrider being the most difficult to kill tank with infantry has to be taken into account when it comes to balance.
  2. TriumphantJelly

Eh. Any tank can just accelerate away, but the magrider can only move forwards quickly, as opposed to the other two vehicles, which are faster (even the Vanguard!?!). Lowest DPS, tied lowest armour, lowest speed.... ):
    Yup, PPA is nice. No probem with that bit. It's ****ing amazing!
  3. LibertyRevolution

Magriders main gun feels like tossing softballs underhand..
    I would rather be a saron gunner 99% of the time than a magrider pilot...
  4. rahulr1

Being able to strafe and move while firing needs a downside. I'm fine with the main cannons because I can drive well and my friend guns my Halberd with absolutely no complaints me driving badly or me getting us killed. We often get 25,000+XP streaks. Neither of us are members or use boosts.
  5. KnightCole

No bullet drop is a vanu trait? I think you all been had. Vanu doesnt fire bullets, ya'll fire lazors......derp.

Sooo...therefore no bullet drop wouldnt apply to you all.

And if it does, the Tank fires large projectiles which also are not Lazors or bullets. Its why the tank and RL have horrific amounts of drop....

:D:eek:
  6. LibertyRevolution

It does have a downsides.. You have to turn the whole tank to aim and it is the slowest of the 3 MBT...
    Strafe.. you do realize that all tanks can strafe right? You put your side to the enemy and press W and S...
    You also realize that mag strafe is so slow it cannot dodge an AP round at under 150m right?

You often make 25,000XP.. then you often battle tons of mediocre tanks bro..
    To make 25,000XP killing armor unboosted would mean you have to kill 60 tanks at 400XP each!
    Please post for us some video of these streaks your awesomeness "often" go on.
    • Up x 1