Give the Magrider "no bullet drop". It's a Vanu trait....Right?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LIKE A BOSS!, May 22, 2014.

1. Longasc

The Magrider plays more like a mobile mortar anyways.

So let's have a proper laser with no drop and a plasma mortar to farm Infantry. :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Govedo13

The drop is np to compensate both on Heat and on HE gun at close to medium range, if I can with my crappy aim to keep around 30% accuracy with it then good players can stay at around 50%.

Drop (slow velocity) is stupid on the AP gun because this is the one that should be more long range and should OHK ESFs like other AP guns do. The AP is so bad as design concept that I prefer to roll with the Heat combined with Saron, the small DPS gap to full AP setup is closed by better survivability against infantry and reload updates ( damn expensive that I intend to do).

On top of that the arc is bad, however to compensate you have the best vehicle guns in-game Saron and PPA.
    Saron is the best gun in the game even after the Infantry nerf. Saron with zoom in single shot mode hits flawlessly armour at 500m. The other Saron fun fact that is waved around the statistics showed in the forum from air haters is that after suicide Saron is the second cause of Death both for NC/TR Liberators AND ESFs, note that rotaries and AA are far BEHIND.

Magrider is great,hard to master, cert intensive /5000-8000 certs needed/ but really rewarding and a way more fun to play compared with other MBTs.
    Bad side stock magrider driven by new player would always loose against stock Prowler/Vanguard driven by new player.
    The only buff that I desire is to make AP viable option, it is really sad how easy infantry can kill AP/Saron magrider now.
    • Up x 2
  3. Blippy

But Supernova FPC does one-shot ESFs.
    • Up x 1
  4. FieldMarshall

Because if its one thing they learned from PS1, its that a sniper tank is not a good idea.
  5. palto1826

ive stopped running saron on my AP mag unless i know for a fact i will be running into a bunch of armor...the ppa takes out all the pesky infantry...just gotta keep your distance from other mbt's at this point
  6. Silvermyst

+1. It's my all round favorite secondary ground vehicle weapon ever. I hope they never nerf it.
  7. Govedo13

In theory it does, in practice it doesn't due to the bad low arc and lack of turret, the best chance to take down ESF with AP is to shoot it when it sneaks with rocketpods for your rear armour, both Vanguard and Prowler / even 2 shots/ can do it, Magrider cannot. Same counts for both Vanguard and Prowler Heat/HE guns even if does not one shot ESF they hit hard and scare them away.

I am not counting cut videos shown around where the tank driver is actively targeting air, I am talking about normal in-game situation that happens 1 of lets say 3 times- MBT dies to ESF rockpodding its back.
  8. Blippy

I don't have too much trouble with ESFs unless I get swarmed by them in a place with no cover like northern Indar or pretty much anywhere on Esamir. I was tank hunting last night and got caught by Reavers in northern Indar more often than I got to shoot tanks. I shot three down and ducked in and out of cover until the fourth one ran out of rockets and left. I only died to Reavers later because there were three of them and an AP Lightning all shooting me at the same time.
  9. Codex561

I always saw the drop on magriders as a niche. But I would like a buff in damage and velocity though.
  10. LIKE A BOSS!

A buff in the veloctiy would have less drop.
  11. minhalexus

I wouldnt mind in buffing the velocity, I actually suggested that a couple of times.

But no bullet drop on a rocket is OP.
    Rocket is not a bullet.
  12. 7 Drunk Midgets

Give the no bullet drop attribute to all of the Vanu's weapons. Yes, even the BASRs. The Vanu need all the help they can get in the weapon department.
  13. Alarox

If you want to give the Magrider's main cannon no drop then it'll need even less velocity. Not to make it the same effectiveness as now, but because having no drop would be incredibly powerful.

IMO, the Magrider needs a new cannon specifically built on the idea of no drop. 200m/s velocity, no drop, FPC splash radius and damage, fast reload speed, moderate direct damage, DPS between HEAT and AP.
  14. Arsonix

Stop pretending the drop is hard to compensate for. Don't beg to make the magrider worse because you don't want to learn how to use it properly. Some people like the canon the way it is.
  15. Arkenbrien

Basically the old Saron, in other words. :\

I'm all for it. I hope more, though, that the Old Saron will be re-introduced. I loved that thing, and was seriously unhappy about losing it.
  16. Arkenbrien

Who cares if it's hard to compensate for or not? VS has a faction trait, 'no bullet drop', and the Magrider's cannon is one of the many weapons the trait 'no bullet drop' might actually benefit from, and it doesn't have it. I'm tired of having a wish-washy trait. VS should have something unique and not applied hap-hazardly 'cause ""balance"". If not no bullet drop then what?
  17. Verviedi

It is a good idea, and I like the idea a lot. It fits in with the VS as a faction, as well. Unfortunately, this idea will never be implemented due to the nerfbabies and peasants who do not like vehicles without massive drawbacks. The magrider could have been a very good AT sniper tank, but when SOE added this ridiculous bullet drop, they created a crappy mid-short range tank.
  18. Codex561

Not necessarily... If the weight and propulsion would be increase everything would be the same only it will travel the same trajectory faster.
  19. Arsonix

Bullet drop is pretty obviously not the issue here since it isn't a bullet. I guess you're probably for bolt actions having no bullet drop too but that has nothing to do with this. Why doesn't it have anything to do with it? Well for starters the canon doesn't shoot "bullets", it shoots large balls of plasma. Since Plasma is actually matter and not energy like a laser it has mass and it just so happens that when you ball it up that big it is heavy enough to be effected by gravity. You want to throw balance to the wind and bend the laws of physics? Fine go ahead but you're just taking away one good part from the Magrider for no good reason.

You're forgetting all weapons with the no drop trait all sacrifice loads of damage at range for the ability to have a flat trajectory. That would come next and suddenly the Magrider's canon is more useless than ever. After that will come rocket launchers and suddenly the Lancer is even more useless and then comes the snipers and the Phaseshift is completely obsolete.

VS are plenty unique. What is actually unique about the Magrider right now is something good. A curved trajectory is actually an asset and it is only a burden to people who lack the skill to make it connect. It benefits skilled players more to have it than it benefits them to be without.
    • Up x 1
  20. minhalexus

I dont think that VS have the faction trait of "No drop"
    They have a faction trait of "No bullet drop"

So basically anything that does not use a bullet (laser in VS terms) would be having drop.
    I dont think Magriders use lasers.