[Suggestion] Give engineer an Flak AA mana turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by TwistaX, Jan 11, 2013.

1. ddh8

I fail to see how sitting out in the open, stationary, is going to be that difficult for aircraft to deal with. In fact, it'd be the easiest AA to kill in the game - not sure why anyone would be complaining about it.

Shell it from afar with tanks, Libs, lolpod it, snipe the guy out, there's really no advantage to being in an AA MANA turret other than resourceless AA - which still wouldn't be able to keep an ESF from completing a bombing run.
  2. SenEvason

I'd rather see developers working on other projects that add more varied content. We already have an ample amount of AA options.Adding another flak turret would be pretty meh.
  3. Ac3s

Euuuuhm...NO.
    The AV mana turret is a perfect example of an OP turret with unlimited range, unlimited placement, unlimited ammo, which ruins tank fights.
    Having an AA turret like this will only ruin air even more, I think we have enough stuff shooting at air.
    • Up x 1
  4. RealityWarrior

There is never enough stuff shooting at air. It is next to impossible to kill anything in the air because ESF's decided when and where and engagement takes place and for how long. They always leave before any kills take place, unless they are brain dead. Air attacking ground doesn't need more discouragement they need to be able to be killed before they run away.

Adding things that one shot an aircraft isn't a real answer but giving ground troops options that can be used would make trying to hover spam groups of people less rewarding and more dangerous as it should be.
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

The problem with vehicles and aircraft is that they are balanced based upon the potential volume within a single area at any given point in time...which means they have been rendered independently weaker than what they should be. They both need defined roles within their category to push the majority into these positions, taking the heat off Infantry and thus ensuring that they can be adequately brought back to realistic, individual, power against infantry.

I tried my hand at this with my resource suggestion where the entire system would be geared towards aerial transportation...taking the majority of pilots and encouraging them to engage air rather than ground forces, use anti-air loadouts. That way, the few pilots who DID stay to harass ground forces would be outnumbered and, thus, made justifiable to increase in power.

With that said...

An AA Turret would be fine if this could be accomplished....and everyone would be a lot more pleased with combined arms because these newly independently powerful vehicles and aircraft geared towards infantry would be much fewer in number because the majority would be engaged in their dedicated roles that encourage them to gear into the classification they consist of...armor against armor and air against air.
    • Up x 1
  6. Moisture

As someone who thinks aircraft should be marginalized as possible, Weak as possible while still being playable and ENTIRELY sidelined when there is an infantry battle I still think this would just add too much AA to this game.
    What I would like in place of this would there to be more incentive on ground vehicles to use their AA, This I suppose would increase the amount of AA somewhat but I would be nice to see a tank mount a turret that isnt the same 3 ones I see all the time
  7. jiggu

A turret that fires coyote-styled missiles would be cool.
    • Up x 2
  8. RealityWarrior

Exactly. Those don't do much damage at all independently. I think it would make a great engi turret tho
  9. Malebranche

Totally agree and support this.
  10. JudgeNu

interesting..
    Curious how accurate it would be.
    I like automated but I wouldn't mind manual as you could choose when it is fired.
    As far as animation, could just have him kneel to an interface and rotating turret above head height.
    There is plenty of horizontal gunfire and players still pull tanks, I don't see more AA deterring Flyboys
    I would like to see AA/AV from bases to also be placed in between bases.
    Just a small platform with AA/AV and not too fortified. maybe even add a loadout terminal that is accessible under the platform by just a few entrances/exits, a small place of refuge. (just thinking out loud)
    Maybe the empty base between quartz and indar ex could get some turrets and access to the roof.
    Possibly add turrets to bases that have none.
    I mean its not like they are OP, they can be clobbered rather easily and it takes TTK a tank.
    Base AA are fairly effective imo.