[Suggestion] Give engineer an Flak AA mana turret

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by TwistaX, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Garrett Black

this doesn't sound bad, you would need to dodge it right? its not a lock on?
  2. RenegadeHelios

I'd honestly just like to see something to the extent of a strong Kobalt (or single burster arm) deployed as a vertical turret with an interface. "Activating the interface" would give the engineer about 120 degrees of vertical fire (60 degrees down from vertical) with a "camera screen". So it looks less awkward, kinda. I think the visual aspect of it would be hard to pull off. Usability would be easy enough, I like the idea.
  3. RenegadeHelios

Well, small arms fire, the (********) lockons, pulling a harasser/sundie with AA, so on and so forth.... And Lightnings for Skyguards (strongest probable AA against ESFs and dumb libby crews) can be pulled every second or third outpost, so it's really only a minute drive or so. Etc etc. More variations of the MANA turret would be welcome though. We have AI, we have AV, and we need AA.
  4. Predator01cz

I don't remember having to pay for a single weapon that I use. IMO paying for anything that I can get with certs is just stupid, given that I can make 1000 certs in 3-4 days (no boosts, no double XP weekend) if I really want a certain toy.

AV turrets cost 1000 certs and can be spawned infinitely, by anyone (who is an engineer), anywhere (where they won't get shot the moment they place it), anytime... And I don't see it being a major issue, annoying at times? yes. Major issue? no

Having AA mana turret means the engie has given up the option of AI and AV turret. Given it would behave like the Flak on sunderer, being unable to shoot below a certain line.
    • Up x 1
  5. Blackinvictus

That would be just completely bad a**!!!

Automated Sentry guns sure seem more 25th century (ish) than our current 19th century version of turrets.
  6. RealityWarrior

Ummm the AV turret wasn't $7 it was 1000 certs. JUST like my lock on HA rocket. 1000 certs (or $7 if that was what you wanted to pay) No difference there at all.
  7. RealityWarrior

exactly
  8. Koldorn

Something like...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. Gav7x

Please NO
    • Up x 1
  10. MorganM

I would imagine the guy would actually sit in or on it. Kinda like this thing:
    [IMG]
  11. MorganM

Actually heavy assaults have several lock on launchers to choose from to deal with aircraft.
  12. MorganM

I was for this idea many months ago but now? No way.... there's just way too much AA out there currently. We don't NEED another one; espeically one that wouldn't cost resources.
    HA lock on launchers
    Base turrets
    Burster MAXs
    Skyguards
    A2A lock on missles
    Walker can be put on MBTs, sunderers, and harassers
    Ranger can be put on MBTs, sunderers, and harassers

There are MANY options at players disposale currently.
  13. kadney

I approve this. Want this in the game. :)
  14. PWGuy93

No, no and double no.

Would rather the engineer build or repair, not be the ultimate weapons master, especially with the current state of the Anti Vehicle Mana Turret having godlike range. If anything the Engineer (my most played class) needs a nerf to bring them in line with other classes and even vehicles and their limited range, required resource costs.
  15. RealityWarrior

yes yes and triple yes.

I would love a turret that was effectively a Walker or a basilisk. The cost associated with it is the loss of the AV turret and THAT is a high cost indeed.
  16. Funzo

Anyone else see the Coyotes and now want this more than ever? Nothing better than an ESF with tunnel vision who can't turn and burn without ruining his shot.
  17. Jaeger41

If you check the dates, all the posts on the first page of this thread are over a year old. At the time, there was no AV turret available.
  18. oherror

Love how this thread from January 2013 was revived in January of 2014.
  19. Tenebrae Aeterna

Hmm...

I've actually been considering an AA Mana Turret, going to eventually post a suggestion for tweaking the three turrets and working towards balancing them out by fixing the bugs that still need addressed. (I'm looking at you AV Turret.) Anyway, what about a Anti-Air Turret that doesn't really deal much damage to aircraft per say...but causes enough turbulence to jar the enemy aircraft around a bit and throw them off their game.

It would be a weapon that deals low damage...but the resulting explosion would cause them to lose a bit of control.
  20. VaIhall

No. Already too much AA in the game.
    • Up x 1