Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MediocrityGoggles

Oh well yeah, logic would indeed imply this is the case, but I wish to stamp out any big unknown factors left in this change, and the lack of mention for camos and such kinda worries me.

As for the Phoenix, it could be useful if that was also clarified as being more like the tracking system on the recently released AV mana turret, as I think nearly anyone who played PS1 against NC (and perhaps even some who didn't) would almost universally agree that the PS1 Phoenix' wire-guidance would be highly unacceptable in PS2.
  2. Gary

SOme confidence boost but still... requiring you to maintain line of sight after locking is going to result in way to many deaths...Standing still in the line of fire gets you killed quickly enough as it is...

Standing still in the open whilst firing a swarm of rockets is going to draw every enemy to your location and with that comes a hail of fire..
    • Up x 3
  3. Necron

God, I hope so.
    • Up x 4
  4. Princess Celestia

Coupled with the untouched insane reload speed accomplishes nothing.
    Another non-effective nerf for the favored TR; at least you guys are consistent.
  5. SinerAthin

Seeing as it will require a lot of focus to do that with the laser guidance, it will make HAs very susceptible to headshot horny Infiltrators ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. YenracZedd

Thanks for the Info, couple questions:

1. If I purchased the Trac5-S with Certs will that be available for all TR characters also? Or is its strictly SC purchases?
    2. Since it seems we are not getting cross faction equivalents unlocked as well how soon can we expect to see at least one common pool weapon for each of weapon types (Carbine, LMG, SMG, etc.). I know I will not likely purchase anything further with SC that is not cross faction. Further on this note its especially disappointing that weapons that are literally identical to each other except for some faction traits (VS bullet drop adjustments), are not going to be unlocked cross faction (Sniper Rifles, scout rifles, rocket launchers, etc)
    1. With VR Training coming out any chance of a Cert reset for attachments or other weapon certs purchased before the update goes live? i know I've spent several hundreds if not a 1000 certs on attachments that i do not use because it was the only way to find out if they were viable or worked/looked as described.
    • Up x 2
  7. Masterskunk

Nice to see that Woodman might get merged. It desperately needs a higher population.
  8. Metal Insomniac

Thank God for the much needed Prowler nerf. I'm excited, yet worried at the same time about the empire-specific rocket launchers. I'm really hoping you guys do a spot-on job balancing them. Also, please fix the Infiltrator cloak render!
    • Up x 1
  9. ArcMinuteLight

I don't know if this has been asked yet but, this cloaking isn't going to be the same cloak that the Infiltrators have right? Right?!
    I don't think 12 seconds of being a light-bulb flash are going to make anyone happy.:eek:
    • Up x 1
  10. Higby Developer

yes, they would be considered common pool items, except for the specific empire themed camo patterns.
    • Up x 2
  11. Ranik

Actually most of us are telling them how stupid it is to

1) Nerf all tanks

2) Nerf a specific tank

3) Add new AV

ALL AT THE SAME TIME

You don't seem to get it. This is a global nerf to most armors ability to kill infantry. When infantry can still infinitely respawn and pull AV / C4/ AT mines.

If you thought the Mag/Van couldn't kill infantry before, it's only going to get worse

Beta testers called it: "Unless you limit vehicle spawning ability or 1 man drive/gunning, you are going to have to nerf MBT's to the point they are a joke."
    • Up x 9
  12. Higby Developer

Well, we're not. The Empire Specific rocket launchers will be released a week later. So, really, because we're increasing torque on tanks at the same time we're buffing tank maneuverability and acceleration, nerfing tank splash range, nerfing prowler dmg vs. infantry, and then a week later adding new AV.
    • Up x 11
  13. CaptainTenneal

Don't worry this is huge. This will cut my gravy train in half :(
  14. Gary

Sounds like they are trying to avoid queue's... Yet they offer a way to cut the queue down for membership owners.. Another reason not to use membership. Woodman is currently at Half and in some cases less then half the population of the new servers that merged....

No new players join the "Low" pop realms. Players are going to continuelly bite the bullet and move over leaving the character behind. then the another continent gets added spreading the already shrinking player base across more areas...

If today is anything like what i can expect for the other days coming it will be a choice of fight at crown or TI alloys... That is getting bored real fast.
    • Up x 1
  15. MediocrityGoggles

Alright, thank you. Though, that makes me curious about one more thing, the 3 camos (Digital, Urban Forest, and Zebra. AS pattern excluded) that are the only ones that are visibly a different color for each empire, are in fact empire specific?
    • Up x 1
  16. Rak

Phoenix was broken in ps1. It's going to be broken in ps2 as well. Don't do it Higby.
    • Up x 2
  17. Littleman

I imagine the Striker will ignore flares due to the nature of being a TOW missile. Smoke maybe not.

The Phoenix I would not expect to have the sharpest turn rate and the fact that it leaves the user completely vulnerable AND blind makes it actually fairly dangerous to use.

I'm all sorts of happy for the reduced splash from vehicles however. That should discourage the rampant abuse of HE shells and encourage maybe HEAT or even AP for a change. Though on that note, it'll be interesting to see how harsh the splash nerf really is. The Prowler needed to be toned down to the same level as the other tanks. I expect direct hits to 1-shot (splash + actual shell impact) but now people can't afford to be so sloppy with their aim. Conversely, between this nerf and the new AV, tanks may be in the running for an armor buff with AP possibly getting a damage boost to make it really worth picking up. It's benefits were negligibly beneficial against armor over HEAT rounds.

Finally, while I know non-empire specific camos and decorations will transfer, I imagine "no empire specific camos" hints at composite armors and helmets not being account wide from between empires as well? So that means I can go ahead and buy my VS toon some composite armor and not feel like I missed out on free aesthetics I already paid for twice over, once for my TR and once for my NC?
  18. Ranik

Sorry but this does not at all address the issue that Mag's/Vans could not deal with infantry as well as the Prowler. You are removing the teeth of ALL MBT's in dealing with someone infinitely capable of respawning.

The beta testers tried to tell you man. Vehicles requiring no certification and able to be piloted/gunned by one man are going to be impossible to balance without making them glass cannons with not much cannon.

Since we are seeing a global Vehicle vs infantry nerf, are we also seeing a global AV/AT/C4 nerf? Probably not. How about a flak armor nerf? Also probably not....

Since that's how you guys are going, When are REAL MBT's coming into the game?
    • Up x 9
  19. ikillyou1990

So I'm hoping the crown will no longer be super easy to defend and people will stop making the crown sound like it's the best thing ever? I hope?
    • Up x 6
  20. WetPatch

First off, very nice looking update, I'm hoping the Magrider gets a nice touch up and the sluggishness goes away, I want it like I want my women, nice and slippery.

I've just one question about the HE blast nerf, it takes the Magrider, Vanguard and Lightning 10 seconds to get off the 2 shots required to kill, while in the same time the Prowler can do double the damage to infantry. Leaving the Prowler still undisputed Farming God.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.