Game Update 04: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TintaBux

How do you know, you tested them all? You have no idea how they will be, for all we know the TR one could be the best, but I'm sure they will be balanced.
  2. RaTzo

Thanks for reading my comment. I don't think ANY tank should take more than 1 shell to kill an infantry. It just makes the tanks irrelevant. I don't drive tanks very often (though I normally do in other games).

There has to be a better way to balance this stuff. You're making Infantry more dangerous vehicles. How about you put resources and 15 minute respawn timers on Infantry.

At least make Maxs take the same resources as fighting vehicles to, and give them the same 15 minute respawn timers. I don't know what the Max's cool down timer is, I know there is one. I only ever jump in a Max when I can't get a Mossie. The game is just too slow to run and gun for me.
    • Up x 2
  3. Lazaruz

I trust that this includes camos and vehicle stuff like the Sundy horn?
  4. treeHamster

This would just mean insta-death the SECOND you see a tank. The problem now is that the Prowler can refire and take out a group of infantry because of it's 0.5s refire rate. With the other two, by the time you reload, the infantry have broken up. That and the fact that a Prowler can unload 4 rounds by the time a Mag can unload 2 and the Vanny still hasn't even finished reloading from the first.
    • Up x 1
  5. MediocrityGoggles

Higby, could you clarify if camo patterns and faction-neutral vehicle customizations are also considered as common pool items applicable to all factions?
  6. TintaBux

Lighting, Mag and Vanny do fine against infantry, problem is give them more like now with Prowler, you get mega amount of spam, which is just to much, so it's being fixed naturally.
  7. Thurwell

So the phoenix will make it impossible for tanks to pull back and repair, and impossible for tanks to fight against the infantry killing them? Because that is not a feature I miss from Planetside 1. You don't have to bring back the bad things you know, like phoenixes and orbital strikes.
    • Up x 3
  8. Ganjis

I am dreading the return of the Phoenix HA launcher. I despised that thing in PS1 and have no desire to see it in PS2. Get within 300m of an NC spawn room, expect death out of the blue, yay fun.
    • Up x 5
  9. disky00

I don't want to speak for Higby, but the logic follows.

Now the only thing for the team to consider is how to differentiate faction-neutral and faction-specific items in the SC store, so that people aren't confused about what is and isn't available for all factions in the future.
    • Up x 1
  10. NotTheMomma

I would just like to be reassured that "no stats recorded" means that time spent inside VR will not affect the Score/Minute metric. I do enough damage to that already (map time, cert screens, store, etc.). Thanks!
  11. RaTzo

So the tank isn't supposed to be dangerous to Infantry?

How about the infantry acts like infantry is supposed to and moves with cover and support?

Look right now, as was posted above, Infantry have MANY MANY ways to take out vehicles VERY easily. If you getting farmed by vehicles as infantry you are playing the game like vehicles aren't there.

Today I went on a rampage of farming infantry that just kept respawning at a respawn point... they didn't pull AA.. they just kept running out and standing in groups. I killed 18 of them... I hadn't actually farmed infantry in ages but I couldn't resist shooting in to a crowd of warm bodies just standing there.... I killed 18 infantry in a row because they just stood there. That doesn't make my ESF or my "LOLPODS" OP it makes the people who just stood there in the open stupid.

If a tank sees unprotected infantry within range it SHOULD be able to slaughter them. In PS2 with 1001 ways for infantry to kill vehicles if they are getting killed by vehicles it's THEIR fault.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mekhazzio

This statement can be read as anywhere from a 1% reduction (meaningless for most purposes, pure placebo) or a 50% reduction. Is the single-cycle infantry target assumed to be naked, as the other tanks' splash damage is tuned to, or will the Prowler still nuke anyone up to a specific level of flak/nanoweave armor? What level is that?
  13. tsubakki

if shotguns are bad add others to fit a different play-style, shotguns currently are capable of taking down enemies quickly at close range, the shotguns added in this game update are pump action, high damage, lower rate of fire fitting a slightly different shotgun approach,
  14. jimredtalon

vehicles nerfed some more and more AV weapons coming does this mean I can get a refund on the certs and SC I put into ground and air vehicles.
  15. Ranik

Higby. I'm amazed you guys are trying so hard to make mistakes from PS1 and new mistakes at every possible venture.

Tanks of all sorts are now going to be even more ******. The Phoenix / Lancer are going to be broken as hell due to their nature. And how you are actively working to make this game worse is genuinely impressive.
    • Up x 4
  16. Steakbeard

I love how all the NC and the VS in this thread are cheering, and the TR are crying, because their infantry tractor (get it, infantry farm?) is being made to be the same as our tanks.

Kudos Higby, can't wait for the patch!
    • Up x 2
  17. iminay

So please explain to me now why Prowlers have two half damage shots, and don't just get the same turret that the other main battle tanks get.

The two shot's only advantage was versus infantry, now we have to land TWO shots to do the same damage vs tanks and infantry, thus making it a DISADVANTAGE.

This game is turning into an infantry whine-fest where vehicles are only useful versus other vehicles, and infantry have a ton of tools already to take care of them. Why not simply remove vehicles from the game? If we are only there to counter each other they might as well not exist.
    • Up x 5
  18. ffrostyy

What about bundles or cosmetics? If I buy say the Vehicle Starter Bundle on my NC character, am I going to get the bundle on my VS? Or what if I buy the cosmetic armor on one faction, will I get it on the other? Please clarify, I've spent a lot of money on my NC and I switched to VS and this would completely ruin the game for me if these don't carry over.
  19. SgtBreastroker

Now this is a good patch. All it needs is continent locking and it will be the dream patch.
  20. Highway_Star

Does that include direct hits though? If a tank gunner lands a direct hit with a tank shell on a dude - that dude should always die. IF I see people taking a 120mm shell to the face and then walk off I'll be very displeased.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.