Game performance atm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Mastermind

You are not alone, i'm not sure what happened with the patch either but i hope they fix it. At least put it back so us lower end computer guys can get good frames again. It's really made me sad that i can't play the game like i used to it cripples my performance :(
  2. consciousvillan

i am running on low end machine

amd fx4350 4.1ghz
    4 gig ddr 3
    nvidia 9800 1 gig

at first after patch i thought i was suffering bad hitching but after a reboot ive defo seen an increas in fps
    ive even been able to turen render resolution up from 75% to 82%.. i run every thing on low except texture quality that i keep at high ( is it only reliant on texture memory?) but have also been able to turn effects to high to as the do look awful on low, and am running it at 11-- x 760 resolution
    on these settings since patch i rarely drop below 30 fps durin bif battles and will go up to 70 fps when looking at a wall or hill lol. am defo seeing increased fps but i also use a little programme to unpark my processors that gives me a noticable boost in performance.
    is there any other settings i can turn up that will only effect cpu as its the gpu that bottle necks cheers
  3. WTSherman

A $400 CPU and $500 GPU with 16 gigs of RAM is a "bad PC"? Just how much are we expected to spend before we can play this game? o_O
    • Up x 3
  4. Emd4600

Sometimes the game goes bad, and sometimes it goes even worse. This is making the game unplayable. I have everything at low. Sometimes I get 45~ but they are unstable, for example when people shoots it goes to 10-20. And other times it stays all the game swapping between 20-10~ fps. It's very horrible. When looking at fps, sometimes it shows "[CPU]", but never [GPU]. These are my specs:
    - DualCore Intel Pentium E5300, 2600 MHz (13 x 200)
    - AMD Radeon HD 5850
    - 4 GB RAM
    64 bits Windows 7
  5. consciousvillan

have u tried unparking the cpus i can link a programme that will do it for u, ive got a 20 fps boost across all games on my quad core since doing this
  6. Palbuddy

As a European player on Miller:

After more then one and a half year I came back yesterday, downloaded 11 GB updates to my old PS2 installation and all went fine.

I had none of some popular problems, even in biggest fights @ synched 60 FPS without smoothing, Bloom and other unneeded stuff. All GFX stuff were set on "High" (beside particles in the distance), render distance was 4000.

Just got kicked only one time in lots of hours of gameplay and just one time ingame stuff was warpin around like crazy till yet.

My latency was fine enough and without Synch&Smooth, my 580 GTX was playin around ~100+/- FPS everywhere.

My internet connection was max. mediocre - PS2 was saying that.

I was using the latest Nvidia driver for my card I downloaded yesterday (340.52).

Performance at least for me: Good, nothing to moan till yet!

2700K @ 4.6 GHz
    16 GB Ram
    580 GTX
    Win 7
    Game is outsourced on a slow SATA HD "Games" partition and not installed on my System SSD
  7. IronMouse

Alright, since ab official response is non existant on this matter either on my post or anyone else's, and the same problem still persists and the game is completely unplayable for me and the mortals alike, I'll just stop launching the ******* game. I'm sick of it.

If you do somehow manage to fix the stuttering problems I am facing, please send me a note about it on my email. I don't have any intention of hoping for a reply on these useless forums that isn't coming.
    • Up x 1
  8. Eirik the red

I have a decent rig. My fps is often 120+

BUT: i see fps drops to below 40 in what seems like random places. I can see why that is a killer for people with lower spec.. Just a tip: Turning off grass will often give a huge bonus. I dont know if its some bug with hardware instancing ingame or something else, but worth trying if you have not already done so.

After the patch overall fps is better, but the fps drop seems deeper and more random.
  9. ZaneLear

I my self have been playing on and off PS2 as of late, I have been enjoying the game, tho from what I have and many other of noticed, the last update that came screwed something up, I was able to play fine until then, now it seems randomly everything hits a huge lag spike causing the game to be unplayable.

Every time I encounter the issue I have, I just alt F4 out of the game, since I am unable to preform on the battle field and become another kill count for someone un-effected by this issue, I don't mind falling in a battle but not when things break.

I have an issue with massive amounts of lag, even tho my ping is between 90-120 ms at all times, 130 was the most I had ever seen, you might wonder "If his ping is so low, why does he lag?" no there is no fps issue, it just seems randomly, within a large or small battle people start to ping all over my screen, some float around, some vanish, some appear in front of me and so on, I try to shoot at them, tho they vanish just as fast as they show up.

My concerns are, what is wrong with the game at it's current state, I have never had such issues ever before, my computer isn't the best, I will admit that, tho I had in the past been able to join battles with far more then 60 people and never once had this issue, tho it feels like around 40 people things break, also my internet is quite good, so I am confused is to why things are not working, did some one type something in wrong in the code or did the server have a brain fart?

I don't mind playing huge scale or small scale battles, tho like I did mention earlier, a fair fight, I don't mind a loss of life if all things are even, tho once people start pinging all over my screen and killing me as I can clearly see there is some sort of lag compensation, I call BS on that being within game, we need a fair playing field where skill only should determine victory, I have been shot around corners, through walls, rocks and so much more due to such un-fair practices, this coupled with the lag spikes with my low ping is maddening causing me and many others to have to shut down our games.

Not only is this an issue, tho as of late, this is the only game on my computer that will freeze 100% locking up my system causing a hard reset/powering down, causing me to panic after having freshly installed my Windows OS back on my PC, making me think someone was either ddosing/hacking me since the last and only time this ever happened was a hack attempt many years ago.

I am sorry for this long rant/wall of text, tho SOE, please either roll back the patch, tho keep the current data players have or do something to make this game more stable, if you're having this issue right now with PS2 and plan on launching onto the consoles you're going to have way more issues like this or worse in the future, that and H1Z1 I could imagine might suffer from the same fate or worse as being a newer game, more open world, having the ability to have players build in world, before you do any more releases for anything new, please fix this issue and the others your last update has caused.
  10. Dieter Perras

not one of my friends still plays this game because of the performance problems
  11. KnightCole

What did SoE change about this game that has it running so poorly? I mean, a year ago I ran it just fine. havent changed my PC at all, yet now the game is just running like ***.

Ofc, half the problem is how they put 2 servers onto 2 of the 4 conts and allowed us to have endless vehicles, so the game is forced to load and render like 5x as much sh....stuff...but beyond that...why this game running so poor? Hit detect is questionable most times, large fights are just short of freeze frame slideshows and deaths from unrendered enemies run amuk in that..I used to be ableto somewhat participate in large fights.