Game performance atm

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by IronMouse, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Kayfes

Idk what you guys are talking about I am getting the best performance I have ever had in this game.
  2. IronMouse

Most people in my Outfit saw performance increase, while there are a few, including me, having real trouble with PS2.

Yes, the stuttering. So it's not my outdated PC if a year ago it worked nearly flawlessly, with less FPS than modern PCs obviously. But the game was fluent in terms of having fairly constant FPS which is crucial, because I can get used to it and know what to expect.

Whenever an enemy appears on my screen now, the game freezes for a brief moment. A brief moment being the difference between life and death. And that's the least of my worries. Usually I never get to experience this because my game stutters ALL THE TIME. It's unplayable. Especially when I fly. I lowered all my graphics settings, but it doesn't do any good.

Is it possible to get a SOE reply on this, so that we know what it's all about and is it possible to fix it and when?
    • Up x 3
  3. Deirdre

After the patch, game took way longer to load , between 60-100% it loads 1% every 5 seconds after character selection, and every death.
    It took less time to load back to the main screen compared with pre patch tho.
    every now and then , roughly 40 minutes i get a period of time sitting at 50k ping and stuff just flys about till i relog or die and endure the loading again ...
    never had the above issues pre patch.

i7-4790
    ASUS sabertooth Mk2
    hyperX fury 8G kit x2
    inno3D ichill GTX 780
    • Up x 1
  4. IronMouse

So, obviously I can't get a reply from any SOE official as an acknowledgement of the problem, as well as an ETA on the fix? I'm supposed to... Not play anymore?
    • Up x 1
  5. tigerchips

A lot of lag in this video but this is when it's calmer.....
    • Up x 3
  6. IronMouse

In all honesty this is heaven in comparison with what I'm dealing with.
    • Up x 2
  7. nehylen

Much better performance for me since last patch. The game is now much more playable with lots of action around, and even when there's not much activity, the framerate seems to go significantly higher than it used to, with fewer big drops (some 70fps situations felt like 40fps ones before).
    It's easily somewhere 15~25% better overall, and not having any of those random crashes i read about.

I7-2600K@4.5Ghz // 24Gb 1950Mhz DDR3 // Asus R9 290X (+6% o/c).
  8. tigerchips

I found that after watching the video recording, somehow the lag was less than i rememeber. You can see in some parts of the video where it trys to speed itself up after some lag, that didn't happen while i was playing. Take a look at the Framerate monitor in bottom left corner of video, definetly going down to single digits. But like i said, i've seen it alot worse than this.
    • Up x 2
  9. Gambitual

To you and everyone else, I've had stable 10-20FPS, depending on the size of the battle, since I joined in February. No update or patch made this better or worse. Get on my level. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  10. WTSherman

What's odd is that after some testing, it seems that I can actually get as high as 50 FPS if I'm in the warpgate on an empty/nearly empty continent. So technically, the maximum possible framerate for me has gone up.

The problem is, as soon as I get into any sort of fight, even a 1-12 fight, it drops into the low teens and starts giving me hitches where it goes down to 2 FPS for several seconds at a time and if it's really in a sour mood 0 FPS. These are fights where I at least used to be able to pull a steady 20. It also gets really bad if I'm in a fast-moving vehicle even if nobody is around, which has made it impossible for me to gun for Galaxies, Liberators, or Harassers.

Obviously, that 50 FPS in the warpgate doesn't do me any good if it drops down to 2 as soon as the enemy shows up. :/
    • Up x 3
  11. uhlan

I've spent up until the last few weeks running this system on medium.

i7-920
    Asus P6T
    Nvidia 260
    6 gigs of DDR3
    500 gig HDD
    WinVista

For the most part I had very few issues with an occasional CPU or GPU bottleneck.

My FPS would drop to single digits when fighting anywhere near the Peris to Regent Rock corridor on Indar, but would average a decent 30-40 FPS anywhere else.

My new system installed just before the Directives patch which ran wonderfully well.

4790k (a moderately overclocked, but very stable 4.6)
    MSI gaming 5
    Nvidia 780ti
    16gigs DDR3
    Samsung Evo 250 SSD
    Win7

I have a consistent GPU Bottleneck with a VERY rare CPU issue.

I have crashed completely during fights to a background screen (similar things happened in early release to my old system, say Feb 2013, but was resolved in a patch) after any significant explosion.

I have a Consistent high FPS indication on the meter, but the game feels slow and suffers from a steady "micro-hitch" problem. My ping registers between 50-120 average on Emerald and I live in the Mid-West, but can spike to over 500.

I have tried reducing my settings a bit, but there is no rhyme or reason to my issues that I can tell.

Of course there are a ton of other issues that need to be resolved and talked about elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  12. IronMouse

Hopefully SOE won't wait for the end of September and the announced QoL patch to sort this out. We need a super-urgent fix asap.
    • Up x 1
  13. AlexR

All i see in this thread:
    -people with good pc's: Nope, everything is ok on my end.
    -people with bad pc's: Yeah, performance is bad here.
    Sounds legit.
  14. Tiedemann

Then you should read this thread again, and take a look at the tech forum etc.
    • Up x 3
  15. Bonom Denej

So yeah, I can attest two things now.

I already said in this thread that I somehow got a massive FPS increase (between 10 to 15), but I also noticed that the game is now taking way more time to load, probably between 30 seconds more. But since it comes with a really smoother experience for me, I don't really care.

I have a first gen i7 920 (2.66 GHz up to 3 GHz), 8 gigs of RAM and 2xGTX 580. Before PU02, I was always CPU bound, after PU02 I was CPU and GPU bound depending on the situation. Patches after patches I began being only CPU bound again. And since that last patch I'm seing the GPU bound again running the game on high settings. Ultra gives me a massive GPU bound... Too bad this game doesn't support SLI well.
  16. iLOL

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  17. Noktaj

I still find the game performance degrading over time. I really don't notice it untill I hit the 30ish FPS (i'm usually around 50ish) in mid-big fights. You can notice some micro-stuttering too.

If I quit the game entirely and get back to the same battle my FPS usually jumps back to 50ish and the game is smooth as silk for some time.

so yea, memory leaks ain't fixed yet.
    gotta quit-reload the game every 1h or so.
    • Up x 1
  18. IronMouse

My "bad PC" already ran this game pretty well in the past. So, it's legit to degrade the performance over time instead of optimize the game and increase the performance? Whatever you do for a living, I bet it's not any kind of management.
    • Up x 2
  19. Kunavi

Funny because for me, the past 2 days after the most recent major Patch(August's, with Valk and all) have been HEAVEN! Without touching anything on my PC or OS suddenly PS2 runs amazingly well and I finally turned the page on stuttering, too high MS, too low FPS, FPS instability and I dare hope that hit registration problems are gone too(Though this could be bias because of how happy I am about PS2's performance). I haven't played for a day or two now, no idea if this changed in any way but if it did and I don't come back to the smooth, stable PS2 from 2 days ago I'll get as frustrated as to instantly cancel my subscription. 1-2 months of miserable performance will get to you in that way.
  20. Bonom Denej

I'm not the only one that had an improvement out of this.

I wonder what they did in that update that bumped performance up for some of us that much when others are just even more struggling.