G99 Error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by OldRaka, Dec 16, 2012.

1. OldRaka

I still do have the problem. Now the game is smoothly loading until 98%. But after, loading stops and the game crashes with a redirect to the Internetpage with G99 error.
  2. Eugenitor

Make sure you're not running PeerBlock.

(What? Me knowing this from personal experience? No way, I'd never have reason to run a program like that...)
    • Up x 1
  3. SAWHAMMER

I started having this issue this morning... Does Sony give back the station cash you purchase boosts with while this issue goes on?

I started a new player on waterson last night. Bought some gear, boosted up, played for an hour and when to bed.... Got up this morning to use up my 1 day experience boost and now I'm stuck in G99 land.

I understand there are issues with a game like this... but when I pay for things that I have to use use in a specific amount of time and this happens... I find it a bit frustrating.
  4. D-Spirith

I had to reinstall windows today because of some issues with it. Now my PC is clean like a virgin.
    But after i installed PlanetSide2 i recived this 99 error. I have no idea what is going on.
  5. OldRaka

I can't believe: I haven't change anything. But today, I tried to start PS2 again after a couple of days without any try. IT HAS WORKED!!!!! NO G99-error anymore! :D

BUT, now I'm hanging in the waiting row since 30 minutes :mad:. What a lame game where I get one problem after the other. IS IT REALLY A F2P-GAME?????????? If I have to pay for premium-membership to get access to PS2, it isn't F2P anymore, imho!!! I quit the waiting row now and will try tomorrow again. Maybe ...
  6. D-Spirith

Still here, waiting for G99 fix.
  7. OldRaka

Forget it :mad:. After the daily patch (PS2 REALLY not Beta anymore?:rolleyes:) the G99-error occured again at 98% loading. Rebooted without success. After 6 hours I tried again. Checked data first. Another (!) update after. Now the loading stopped a 15% again. Minimized and loading jumped to 98%, where I have got the G99-error again. Just unbelieveable ...

Is it really out of the SOE-responsibility, if I occasionally get access to PS2 and mostly not? I do have doubts!

But I'm not that angry, because, out of the Forum-threads it looks like PS2 is still very buggy and still in BETA! As well I can't see a successful solution for the massive hacks (aim-bots, speed-bots, wall-hacks, unlimited hps, unlimited ammo, and so else ...) and exploits (for instance crashes of all players within 1 HEX and organised raid of the defenseless base out of a neighboring HEX shortly after) because of the chosen software-architecture, where too much is calculated within the clients, where hackers can get a lot of influence.

It will be a problem for all F2P-games with similar software-architecture (Warface 3 months delayed in US + EU because of massive problems with hackers after russian release?). In games like BF2 or BF3 it hurts, if you lose your paid (for the full game) account because of banning. In F2P-games it will be easy to create a new free account and continue in destroying the game for all and in hurting SONY! And there are people who hate Sony because of something in the past regarding the PS2, as far as I remember. These people will do a lot to hurt Sony ... :(
  8. weazle

9. Namesake

I was getting stuck at 15% and got the G99 error over and over. So, I freed up my ports and made sure my firewall wasn't blocking anything. No luck.

Naturally, Windows needs permissions for everything, so I set everything to "admin mode"

First, since I was using Steam, I right clicked my shortcut and simply ran it in admin mode.
    Next, I went to my program directory (in my case: Program Files (x86) > Steam > steamapps > common > PlanetSide 2) and found "LaunchPad.exe" and "PlanetSide2.exe" and I right clicked each one and went to "properties" then clicked on "compatibility" and then I made sure the box called "Run this program as an administrator" was checked for each.

I started up my game through Steam, clicked "ok" for the higher permissions, and lo and behold the game worked.

Hope this helps you all.
  10. OldRaka

Thank you for your hint. I have done as suggested by you. Unfortunately no success. Instead of loading up to 98% before, loading stops at 15% now and jumps up to 98% after minimizing. I have checked admin rights at Uninstaller and the 2 other exe as well. No success as well :(.

Btw., have you protected you Admin-account by password?
  11. OldRaka

Never have used, never have did hear about before. Thank you.
  12. FlR3

So I guess I have joined the G99 crash club. I haven't signed in the game for over a week. I started the game launcher today which installed the patch, I always validate and so I did that, then click play which it started to hang at 15% then it shot up to 89% then 92% and crash G99. I have to hard shutdown the computer because Planetside 2 will not shut down in Apps or processes even if I try to end the process so I have to restart/reboot. Guess I'll have to wait for the Jan patch this month in hopes it will be fixed. The game never shut down good to start with but this is new (for me at least) as I can't even get into the game anymore. Hope the patch comes soon.
  13. cslayer211

I'm having the same problem. Haven't logged into PlanetSide 2 for a while, so I figured I would get back into it. At first I only got 98% loading screen that didn't go anywhere. Looked it up, and someone said to enable UPnP. Enabled it, and now it gets stuck at 98% for about 20 seconds and then crashes to desktop and gives me error G99. Thought it was my router because I had just reset it yesterday, but now that I see a lot of other people are have the same problem, maybe it's not on my end.
  14. Gamertech

Wait until the servers come back up from maintenance and you should be able to log in...
  15. Gro0vy

I am not only having connection issues with PS2, but it seems all my FPS games are giving me trouble (COD4, CodMW2/3)... Havent tried Dota 2 or LoL yet due to the punishment if it disconnects... Even playing Dust514 on PS3 Wont let me connect to games, so what im wondering is if there are any issues with the Netgear DGN2200. All my ports are forwarded, my firewalls completely removed, AV removed.. I was playing perfectly two weeks ago, but have been having this problem now for many days.. Yet i can play EVE:Online perfectly! I am rather boggled at the moment
  16. BenYeeHua

You can borrow your friend's router and see what happen.:)
  17. Cobra Takashi

Thanks. You just solved my G99 problem. =P
  18. Akkryls

I had this problem for a while on one of my PCs when trying to play the game.
    The way I always fixed it was to go to the game directory, go to LaunchPad.libs, then delete the LaunchPad.cache folder.

The launcher redownloads the folder when it starts up, and then I was able to continue playing.

Hope this might help some of you.
  19. Sgtpearce

Hey if anyone is still having this problem i can shead some light on it, been trying all morning to play this damn game, and im at work using their internet to run my laptop, now their interwebs wont run STO so i thought hey i can teather to my phone and use my 3G so, sure **** it worked, my guess is it has something to do with provider or Public\work vs Home network? but all i did was use the internet from my phone and now the error goes away, i mean my phones interwebs is so crappy i just freeze anyways but atleast im in.
  20. BenYeeHua

You can try to use VPN to solve that.