Fun with Anti Tank mines, a video about explosions! :D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dvine, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Morro

You mean having mine guard on your sunderers and vehicles?
  2. Dvine

No way, that would make sense!! :D
  3. Dvine

Mee too as just at the exact time I've dropped the second mine the guy Dalton-ed me from orbit :D I was wondering about WTF happened, thn on the spawnscreen I saw that it wasnt a mine with a supe short fuse :D
  4. Morro

Would it be gay if we rubbed tank mines together?
  5. Dvine

You just want to see the world burn arent you? :D

Gotta try it!
    • Up x 1
  6. Garfboy

When I'm no longer "instagibbed" continually by one round from your tank or rocketpods I'll agree. Until then, feel the might of my mines blowing you to kingdom come.

Even then, my pleasure will be denied the day anyone certs into Mine Guard.
  7. Dvine

Yea somehow they are fine wit that part, but mines are suddenly OP :D
  8. Over00

Might of already been said, but I can't be bothered reading every post.

I do agree that the mines are proximity meaning that a vehicle, stationary or not, should get blown up on contact. What I do not agree on however, is how for 100 certs an engineer can have 2 mines when people who buy into C4 only get 1 (600 certs total for 2x C4!)

Either bring total C4 up to 2 for the first cert or reduce anti tank mines to 1 for the first cert
  9. Compass

C4 can be used aggressively both indoors and outdoors against infantry and vehicles. If you lay an AT mine indoors (as I have when I thought I had an ammo dispenser) it just sits there. Shooting it does no good for you.
  10. Dvine

Except no explosive has bigger counter to it the AT Mindes do with mineguard! If you cert into it you end up with no less than 70% of damage reduction, that alone justifies the current damage output/modus operandi.
  11. PieBringer

So, tank mines can ONLY be triggered by vehicles...

Proximity mines can be triggered by infantry or shooting them, and can be placed in tighter areas (that aren't easy at all to spot before you're in triggering range)

C4 can be triggered remotely, or by shooting them

But what people refuse to accept is that these things cost resources, and you ALSO need to be close enough to place them.
    If a single enemy got close enough without even being shot, then one or more of the following happend:

A. You weren't anywhere near your vehicle to defend it
    B. You were close enough, but you weren't paying attention
    C. You parked somewhere that enemy infantry can get to without you noticing them fairly easily, and should expect that to happen. It's a risk you took willingly.
    D. You were killed by said enemy, you were the ONLY one on your empire anywhere near your vehicle, and they earned the kill fair and square.
    E. You abandoned your vehicle to do something else, and probably didn't expect it to still be there when you got back.
    or F. all of the above.

The only real problem I see with balance is user error, not a flaw in design. If I camp a control point in my tank, with my rear end facing directly towards their spawn shield, I'm not going to ***** and moan that something unbalanced killed me. I opened myself up to such an attack. If you put your vehicle in such a vulnerable position, and don't bother defending it, then you should 100% expect to get ambushed and your stuff blown up.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jaloro

I'm finding this whinging about mines hilarious and yet incredibly sad at the same time.

In some of your minds it perfectly acceptable to get a mag for a few hundred certs, where you can run over infantry or spam buildings for multi-kills in one shot, or nail infantry from hundreds of metres away while they have no counter at all.

You can do this multiple times before having to reload ammo and that ammo is free.

You can do this solo with no assistance from any other player.

You can do this with no cert investment.

YET ...

you come on here and moan like crazy that an Engy, with near the lowest health pool, no shields, no camo, was able to approach your tank, throw 2 mines underneath it and run away before he kills himself in the explosion???!!?

He spent 100 certs to get the ability.

He spent 150 resources to get the mines.

He can only do it once without returning to the terminal unless certing a stupid amount more.

You can defend against it by using your gun, your greater speed or by spending the equivalent amount of certs in Mine Guard. Hell you could hop out of the tank and just shoot him while he waves his mines at you and fumbles with the 1 key.

And this is imbalanced how exactly?? From what I am reading those tanks need nerfing.
    • Up x 2
  13. Dvine

Some people are fine with sitting in a tank tunnelvisioned into spamming HE rounds into infantry spawnpoints, and they dont want any counter to that.

Hell a few threads earlier there was a guy who actullay rewrote the PS2 Wiki to support his point about why mines should be nerfed :D

Some people :D

Check it out: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...ken-and-being-actively-exploited.58132/page-2

:D
  14. Beef Castle

We play on Mattherson as VS.
  15. Tuco

If you're gonna use mines that way why don't you get C4 instead.
  16. Tuco

The old "you deserve to die cause you don't have eyes in the back of your head" argument.
  17. Tuco

The Me'er than Me Battlefield generation. Everything dies in 1 second now. Yes let's regress back to Quake1 deathmatch gameplay.
  18. Compass

Because C4 does probably 1/3 of the damage of a mine, meaning you'd need 5+ C4 for the same effect as 2 mines.
  19. Tuco

There should be some strategy involved rather than instant kills.

The only thing tanks insta-kill is infantry. And that should have been balanced by a cloaked AMS and higher infantry hitpoints so infantry can take 2 tanks hit instead of 1.

So you want higher TTK? No? Didn't think so.
  20. Tuco

"probably"?