Fun with Anti Tank mines, a video about explosions! :D

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dvine, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Garfboy

Says a person driving a tank.... ohhhh the delicious double standard.
  2. Ixal

It isn't required for tanks, so why should it for anti tank?

Besides, there are hardly any choke points on the map and it is pretty much impossible to predict where a tank while drive over.
  3. Baby

I've driven over at least 5 tank mines myself since launch the few times someone has bothered to lay them and there are plenty of choke points... not sure what you're talking about. Maybe you haven't noticed all of the bridges, land bridges, and narrow entrances scattered throughout the maps.
  4. Krinsee

That Poor poor equipment Term at around 3:00
    • Up x 1
  5. Athessu

I would reccommend certing mine guard on your tank, on a sundy you potentially have better options. On a MBT your other choices are nano regen, 10% side or top damage resistance, 5% front resistance and so on..mine guard stands out at like 70% resistance or something fully certed.
  6. Dvine

Not to mention the little fact that it takes more skill to run up to a tank/sundi undetected, than sitting in a tank spamming HE rounds into infantry spawnrooms :D
  7. Beef Castle

[IMG]

People who are complaining should probably cert into Mine Guard. The video shows 2 AT mines detonated. Interestingly, a 60% mine guard certed sunderer does not die to 2 mines + 1 c-4. This just sets it on fire. Left unrepaired, the sunderer will explode in 35 seconds.
  8. Baleur

Maybe because if something instagibs armored vehicles, it should be cried about?
    No weapon should instagib any vehicle, come on now. Be reasonable.
    Yes there is the mineguard cert, but it makes no difference when someone can plonk down 2-4 mines in the same place. Nothing can protect against that. Great we can get 50% resistance to mines, but when you have 400% damage (4 mines in one spot) it doesn't matter.

It's a ridiculous and dumb thing that needs to get toned down. Seeing infantry just suicide into tank columns to plonk down mines and instagib everything that runs over it is not really a well balanced fighting force, now is it?

You can reply with whatever cool-kidz response you want and call me QQ (this term is silly anyway, to me it doesn't represent crying, it's a Chinese chat app, yeah i use it, deal with it, lol). The point is that it's currently impossible to defend against and/or spot.

1. You can't see mines on Amerish because grass hides it.
    2. You can't see mines on roads or on Indar / Esamir either because they are so small that you simply can't see them apart from the usual rocks and bits and bobs on the ground.
    3. So let's say they show up on Thermal, you can't drive around with Thermal sights on nonstop because then you can't see anything beyond 100m.

See, that's why it needs to change, because it is not balanced. There is no counter for it. You literally said yourself that you singlehandedly stopped a siege by plonking down some mines under a stationary sunderer. How is that balance that 1 rambo guy has that kinda power? Not to mention 100 rambo guys when people discover this for themselves?

I suggest you actually spend 20 hours or so in a tank or sunderer to get the perspective of the other side, then you'd realize how impossible it is to spot these things even if you have godlike "awareness of your surroundings".
    As a semi-veteran of World of Tanks, all the Battlefield games (always specializing in armor), and Arma, Arma 2 and the original Operation Flashpoint, i can tell you that i've got pretty darn good situational awareness and yet it's impossible to spot mines in PS2.
  9. Dvine

Oh boy you're really asking for it...

For one I can only carry two AT mines, unless I happen to spend 2100(!!) certificates into the ability to carry 2 (!!) more! I cant see that happening for obvious reasons, on top of that AT Mines cost 75 Infantry Reasources a pop and I need 2 to blow up anything bigger than a Flash. Thats 150 resource points from the same pool as grenades maxes resto/medpacks etc etc..

There is no way its spammable under those conditions, so anyone who uses them needs to pick his/her targets very carefully not to waste resource points/mines.

You talk about both sides be reasonable, yet you ecpect that youre 100% safe in tanks/armor from infantry. I hope you feel the mind warping irony in your statments (I bet you wont), just because you were able to pull down a tank and sit in it, doesnt mean that you somehow deserve the ability to completely ignore infantry. Im sure you seen enough tankzergs and spawncamps to grasp what Im talking about... :p

Of course you can bring up the HA Rockets, but we all know that if you get hit by them youre simply bad. If you keep moving there is a very little chance to eat even one of them, and if you somehow do get hit by tem you just taxi away behind the nearest molehill and repair it with your engi repgun, totally negating the HE Rocket damage on demand anytime.

That brings us to your hilarious statement of: " infantry just suicide into tank columns to plonk down mines and instagib everything that runs over it is not really a well balanced fighting force, now is it"

Tell me how in gods green earth you ALLOW infantry to suicide into your tank column? Youre sitting in 55 tons of steel armed with a 50cal MG and a cannon that one shots ANY infantry unit, including the engineer with one of the lowest HP pools ingame. It has nothing to do with a "balanced fighting force", it has to do with paying attention to your surroundings and working as a team, and not doozing off in your turret seat while spamming HE rounds.

My favourite part in your "argument" is that you cant see mines.. I mean really dude? What do you want? A big red sign above every mine that says "MINE HERE DONT DRIVE OVER IT!!" come on your ridiculous!!! Its kinda the FRICKIN POINT of mines that you cant see them FFS!

You say there is "no counter for it" and I really laugh my *** off on that statement, especially when you see the video of the Mineguard certed sunderer above.. Not to mention the fact that 70% mine damage reduction is the single biggest damage counter available ingame ATM. FYI for ESF vs Flak Cannon fire it tops off under 20% for 1800certs Im sure you see the very distorted and lopsided bias you got in your argument.

Last but least its very easy to counter even if you dont have mineguard certed!! You either keep moving so I cant throw mines under you, or you ask your gunner with the 50cal to watch your butt while youre busy spamming HE on whetever infantry spawnpoint youre camping at. Alternatively work in teams and move your tank column together, more eyes see more you know, you can god forbid ASSIGN a guy from your team to watch your back to the UBER OP Engi thats going around your tunnelvisioned *** and blowing you up.

But of course you know that you've been playing all those game on a "semi-veteran" level lol... :p

Tl;DR: Youre pissed that your tankzerg has a HARD counter that is ver situational, and can be overcome super easily by avereness or a whopping 150 cert investment :D
    • Up x 1
  10. Dvine

I did, its in the video!

I did it a couple of other times too when some bright people were parking a Sunderer in the bottom of my base, all I had to do is to take the teleport downstairs and toss 2 under their butt while 10 of them were running around ignoring me completely. Its not my "power" that allows me to do that, its their complete ignorance and the lack of brains to god forbid "PROTECT" the most valuable veichle ingame.

I mean you drive your Sunderer that $hits out an army on demand into my base, and you expect me to allow that while none of you bother to defend it? Seriously Sunderers are so incredibly available and cheap that people doesnt recognize their value and dont give a crap about defending them.

If "100 Rambo guys" discover this for themselves, you will see less of the tankzerg (thats a good thing), and people like you will be forced to pay attention to their surroundings looking for threats AND defend their investments god forbid!!

AT Mines are a hard counter for the ignorant and the tunnelvisioned simple as that.

Deal with it or go back crying about rocket pods.
  11. Dvine

Yea the guy was behind it, I had to stab him :D
  12. nibew

mine guard should be nerfed badly 70% is way too much
    for a cost of 150 certs

this make mines useless
    becouse you cant get a kill with 4 of them so theres no point to run risk your life throw 300+ resources to damage one tank
  13. Beef Castle

Preaching to the choir. Players were just saying they were defenseless against mines so I made a video showing them they aren't.
  14. Dvine

To be honest certing into mineguard completely negates the AT Mines reason d'etre, so bads can go back facerolling in tanks. I hope they add certs to the AT Mine tree for increased damage against mineguarded veichles.
  15. Beef Castle

Me too. The outfit I play with has 10-20 players online at prime hours. We try to play against overwhelming numbers. Mines are exceptional tools for fighting the zerg.
  16. Dvine

Yep! Gott a love them! :D Wich server?
  17. Dvine

18. Jokester

If you get your tank blown up by some dumb engineer running right up to you and throwing 2 mines, you deserve to die. It only takes 2 rockets to the back as well. And those travel.
    • Up x 1
  19. PieBringer

To be quite honest... The few times I've actually hopped into a tank of my own, I was never once damaged by tank mines.

It warms my heart to see people taking advantage of all these oblivious zerglings. But it kind of peeves me that I have almost NEVER found such a group. The closest would have to be a group of four HA's that were camping my spawn. Just went ahead and knifed three of them after beamer-dooming the first one.

Please teach me how to find all these unaware people! Hell, even ACTUAL Zerglings are more aware than most of the players you were running past.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I deeply enjoyed the video. In specific the part where you got TK'd and continued recording into the respawn. I was expecting a quick PM from him at that moment.
  20. Dvine

My pleasure!

Its very easy to find theese pups, all you have to do is to find a major battle, hop on a Flash and flank the assault from the side. You will find the sunderers and the people facing away you ripe for the picking :D