Friends leaving the NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by voigt, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Marked4Death

Changing factions seems to be either people listening to the whining, or play styles. I've had a bunch of VS dudes re-roll NC including an outfit leader.
    I think it's the low ttk, or maybe lag, but whatever faction I play, when I get killed it feels like the enemy just 2 shot me even with a pistol. That leads to the perception that everyone else's weapons are better.
  2. Bardock-Sama

It's probably a matter of the grass being greener on the other side(!), but sometimes I feel frustratingly UP. I've looked at the weapon stats many times over just to come to the conclusion that the larger differences is imaginary, but when I rarely roll out my VS character I feel much more at home with those weapons.

Would never change factions though; liberty or death!
  3. Suien Reizo

It is purely weapon flinch that is doing it.
  4. Yazmo

funny t see you preferenced as tr lol NC gun are weak simple as that
  5. wolfva

Well, if you have to find out for your friends, I'd say your friends aren't very interested in coming back in the first place. Even if the devs 'fix' what you think is broken they may not come back. Unless, by the sounds of it, they're the type of FOTM player who rushes to whichever realm they think they can wtfpwn on.

That.....sounds like something you'd hear at a leather club.
  6. Madmojo

This won't be like PS1 where we had massive nerf swings and the 4th faction switched at the drop of hat which created more population imbalances. The nerfs and buffs will be more mild so as not to pizz off the people who paid for the weapons they are using. I personally had no problems playing NC for all of beta, so i'm not sure how people get this perception that the NC are weak or broken. I'll concede the JackHammer is garbage in most situations, but so is the lasher. I mean, the thing kills the user half the time. Hang in there.
  7. forkyar

everthing is good,learn to play
  8. Fligsnurt

I sure love people who post like this. They just join a random thread, post some random garbage that isn't constructive in any way. Just saying.
  9. Caracal

oh i dunno, i think that last patch hit the spot. I now have a decent chance of killing someone at point blank when we both open fire at relatively the same time. I could not do that before. It was my major issue, and it seems to have been settled.
  10. voigt

What exactly are you referring to, I did not see any NC weapon improvements in the patch notes.
  11. Caracal

• A small increase in movement accuracy with iron sights was made on on slower assault rifles, carbines, and light machine guns.
    • A small decrease in movement accuracy was made with the 40 round assault rifles and carbines.
    quoted from patch notes.

a mix of a slight buf, and a slight nerf to tr/nc
  12. voigt

oh it wasn't something NC specific, it was everyone's weapons.
  13. Elbryan

Except almost all TR assault rifles and carbines have 40 round mags.

They just sneaked the nerf in in a form that most TR adhd-qq-cod-kids will not notice. ;)

edit:
    And I guess some missed the 'hidden' NC buff. =P

Not that I care. I still own everyone with any weapon I choose to use. ;)
  14. Ten4

You're like a broken record.
  15. Ten4

Lil Willy? Is that you?
  16. Suien Reizo

Sorry I can't change the facts to suit you. Lower rate of fire weapons combined with high recoil compounded with the flinch mechanic make for a handicap against higher rate of fire weapons. The flinch mechanic served as a suppression effect when TTK was higher, now it serves to punish anything that doesn't hover around 700 RPM.

It is why people who started NC find themselves 'doing better' as TR or VS. They never got to the NC high rate of fire weapons.
    • Up x 1
  17. veiledcascade

tbh just go vanu, tr is becoming underpopulated on my realm to the point it's just a waste of time, and the nc there seem to have rolled vanu as well. vanu was at 73% on all continents at peak hours today when usually the balance is closer to 30-35%

If people really believe there isn't a problem then there really is no point in this game staying around.

my experience, i tried vanu for a while, within 3 hours i had 400 kills it was litterally that easy to headshot everyone i came across because the weapon didn't move from the point i aimed at. coming from TR at the time i was shocked and frankly pissed off.

I still play TR only.
  18. Locke

This is correct. We do have some decent weapons with high RPM which is really important in this game. Some TR and VS weapons do still out perform these but its by a far smaller margin.
  19. lsp1

Probably not.
  20. mindbomb

as mentioned by others, you can buy tr-like weapons for the nc, and for HA and combat medic, they are very cheap. I got both with just certs.