Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. toca

Would be great if we could get different FNOs for Communities in different Countries / Languages if the Final Release is out.
    IE for Germans, Frenchs, and others where a lot of PS2 players come from. And to the right daytime, not 1 or 4 o clock in the night :) That needs native-talking people who administrate that good and funny like a entertainer, but also with game news etc. A weekly show which is collecting also official forum informations for others who dont have the time to follow them. There are a lot of gamers who dont invest hours of reading in a forum, but they want a good broadcast rich of informations about the game, community and some fun stuff. Yes In-Game Action playing together with a dev is also important.

I really like the way you are going with FNO for your Community! This is one of the reasons why the game and the dev team behind is so awesome. A game from gamers for gamers, right? ^^

I would wish more offline content like communty comments, weekly news about the game, news about different outfits, statistics, progress of captured bases/locked continents by each empires, showing the game of the sight of a Admin/Observer, prize competitions (dont needs big prizes but maybe competiton for some very rarely exclusive PS2 Stuff, maybe ingame content, maybe t-shirts, dogtags etc. - things who are hard to get for others. And you say what the gamers have to do for it. Maybe some funny things in real life or what ever and showing the candidate stuff and winners stuff ^^)
  2. Cixz

what about a huge dogfight and who can jump the flash across a canyon lol xD another good idea would be to have something a lot like push the cart from Team fortress 2 except instead of pushing the thing it would move by itself and the defending team tries to get it to the enemy base.
  3. Deathcapt

What's going on for Friday Night Ops tonight? Haven't heard anything. I think an Epic Air War over the traverse would be good, no tanks/skyguard/bursters, just ESFs Liberators and galaxies.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ennkay

It'd be interesting to see if there are any small infantry outfits worth highlighting. We're talking 3-10 people. Although with the way numbers works they probably wouldn't be very effective...
  5. Deathcapt

If you're doing galaxy drops you basically need 20 people before you can reliably secure bases, and not wipe every other base.

I think I'd really like to see an Air Cavalry outfit. Guys that fly all day.
  6. Bellaby

How about an Infiltration Competition? The first team to capture a base without killing/being killed wins? : P
    Or alternatively, the attackers can only use Melee/Suppressed weapons >: 3
  7. GirMumky

Dear Sirs,
    It would behoove you to include naval warfare in the next incarnation of your video game. The addition of said naval warfare would add yet another degree in your already epic video game dynamic.
    Regards,
    GirMumky
  8. Ghost.op10

This or an outfit who succesfuly integrates infiltrators(Idealy more than one) in a strategic manuver on cap.
  9. KarMaSk89

Consortium would kike to be part of a future FNO we are a Eu outfit and have about 100 active members and 250 in outfit.
  10. Natir

Outside of outfits, I think more events would be pretty neat. Something like that Flash race. Maybe even have a few more. So here are a few suggestions.

• More flash races
      • The races are actually pretty neat to watch if you can get enough people.
      • The races could be very structured to very random.
        • In one instance you could have a race from one warpgate to another or try and go from some place like The Crown to The Stronghold and back.
    • Armor vs. Armor battles
      • Possibly work with a few outfits or just give a time and location for the big battle. Esamir would be a very good place to stage this due to the terrain.
    • Air vs Air
      • Similar to the armor vs. armor but try and have a 3 way dog fight.
    • Massive Infantry Battles
      • I am talking about huge battles. No tanks, etc. Have it done on Esamir due to the more open areas.
      • This would be moving from base to base.
      • Trying to avoid bio labs would be amazing to try and get the fight towards the middle of Esamir to get a 3 way battle going.
    • Q&A Portions
      • Now, what I mean is like explanation of certain mechanics of the game. Talking about metagame things, how to capture a base, etc.
      • Strategies outfits use to take certain bases.
        • Like what is the best practice for taking a bio lab, tech plant, etc versus The Crown. What do they focus on for their objectives. If they have multiple squads dropping, what do those squads hold, etc.
      • As always, questions from the audience.
    • Third Person over First Person Mode
      • I believe third person mode should be used more than first person mode.
      • Outside of playing with outfits, it tends to be more enjoyable to watch the game in third person mode since you can see the whole perspective of the battle.
        • This allows the users to visualize the entire battle, not just from that persons view.
    As always, keep up the good work with FNO. Something like this should stay even after release! It is a great way to provide exposure for the game and encourage community involvement. It is not very common you find a company such as SOE that encourages this much interaction between the developers and their customers, community, members, etc.
    • Up x 2
  11. Rossinna-Sama

How about doing a FNO event covering the Australian server which is "supposedly" going up on November? I'm sure a few AUS outfits might be willing to come talk on the stream as well.

Also, you so should do a special event where The Crown is held by all of SoE (with TB involved either ingame or covering it) and the community must try and take it. Lets see how long you can hold out, as I'm sure all three factions won't exactly be willing to stop shooting each other to storm the facility.
  12. Luperza Community Manager

We don't have time to host events, so if you guys and gals plan events and tell us about them (when and where), we will cover them with observer camera and what not. :)

As far as the Q&A and third person suggestions, we'll take those into consideration.

Thanks,
  13. Luperza Community Manager

I'll see what we can do about this as far as just information that we can provide to you all. :)
  14. Natir

So you don't have time to host events but you have time to cover events? That to me sounds like you guys are not willing to actually put much effort into FNO...
  15. TriumphOfMan

There's not much to hosting an event. Just make some announcements like at 9pm PDT we want a huge tank battle running from Base X to Base Y, please be there so we can film it. People show up, there's a big tank battle, we get a huge spectacle.

If people don't show up then you just go back to something else and it's no big deal.
  16. Luperza Community Manager

No need to be rude.

We'll see what we can do about more events. It'll be a lot easier on us post launch.
  17. Pella

Luperza,

Can we get some EU coverage?

The caliber of players here is at a much higher level, So would make a much better viewing experience all round.
  18. Luperza Community Manager

We'll do another EU stream some time soon. :)
  19. Iceuhk

DVS has come up with a few ideas.

1. Will be trying a Zombie game in which the officers /select people of DVS will be set up in a small enclosed area
    2. The Humans will be Heavy Assaults
    3. the "zombies" Will be Infiltrators with abilities to CLOAK and Knife.
    4. Humans will be confined to a small enclosed building/room.
    5. Each zombie that gets a kill on the human wins a prize
    6. Last remaining human wins a prize

This could either go in multiple sessions, where the zombies that killed the humans are now the humans and the once humans are now zombies.

2. DeathRace +

With the success of our Infiltrator Death race to the GATE. We decided we wanted to make it a bit more fun.

1. On top of having to get their first you have to kill a DVS officer disguised as the other faction.
    • Up x 1
  20. Moneypills

Dear FNO, I have a team who will be making some top quality PS2 machinima and would love to submit these to Friday Night Ops. Are there any tools that could be made available to us: observer mode cameras, etc. Who would we contact to gain access to such? We have years of experience making quality videos for web and youtube, so if you need credentials to authorize the use of such tools, we would be happy to provide them.