Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Sarmane

2. ApolloAbove

Here's a suggestion: Take on the 3 contenders in the Showdown fights. I'd love to see FNO take on their followings in turn!
  3. FlowerPot

More information on the development of the game, and upcoming updates. And btw with regards to the January patch could you please roll out some of the bug fixes and new content over the month instead of all of it at the end
  4. ({x})Kyoji

Just another heads up. Waterson server will be doing more massive combat. The battle of NC vs VA! I think Amish wanted to get the TR involved so it should be VA vs TR vs NC - Friday 18th of January.

I think after the last video you will probably see some larger battles.

5. Luperza Community Manager

Yep, way ahead of ya! I already know about this and I am in contact with some outfit leaders that are a part of it. ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. Raichu

WOOO! another battle on waterson! DVS all day! cant wait see you on the battlefield... stupid vanu :p
  7. ({x})KKyoji

The developers wanted a mass invasion force last time. Perhaps this time we will give them what they want. Put on a little airshow!

8. Boddymut

Can you please move the FAQ section to the beginning of FNO so we Europeans can also see that part its not that fun that the good parts off FNO is at 3-4am for me so please move FAQ and the work in progress part to the start of FNO so we how dont live in the US can se it
  9. Luperza Community Manager

We always post a recap of each episode. Unfortunately, we can't make everyone happy since we have to do this in the evening because we work during the day. :) Hopefully, the recap works for those who are unable to see the end of the show during the live version. <3
    • Up x 2
  10. drfrozenfire

Pardon my ignorance...

Do you ever do the FNO on Helios?
  11. Duvenel

This kinda relates to this thread that I made:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...-properly-and-communicating-in-general.82046/
    Mainly in relation to point 5 in green, you can skip the rest of the text wall if you like. I'm not sure exactly who's in charge of the Command Center stuff and other similar things. But it'd be nice if all of this sort of stuff was posted in one place, with time stamps at key things. :)
  12. Dhart

Hackers appear to be evolving faster than Developers are able to ban them. I know it's a major request, but we need more than drones on a 24/7 basis to keep the peace. Even if it's just one GM covering several servers... to start. It would be something. Right now it seems like the hackers have been emboldened by your apparent lack of resolve to cut short their activities... since Christmas the problem has grown prolific.

I watched the video... I'm excited about what's on the horizon... but that's tempered with hackers. The scale is still weighing against you and the game. No matter how good the dynamic... a handful or 20 hackers can ruin any experience.

(If these are 'special guests' who can't be banned... please ask them to not play 5 days a week or something... I'm serious... the problem has been going on so long... most are convinced the Dev's don't care or can't stop it.)
    • Up x 1
  13. sustainedfire

Will there be a Friday Night Ops this week? Or is it cancelled due to the Ultimate Empire Showdown?
  14. mlane16

Does anyone remember an episode of FNO where they showed how to C4 someone or use mines in a really epic way?
    • Up x 1
  15. PsychoBat

My only suggestion would be to analyse the times and see if it would be possible to move the starting time a couple of hours or so forward. I and a lot of EU players love the stream but I often find myself falling asleep after an hour or so (4 P.M. for you is 2 A.M. for me) and will watch the show the next day. You could also have more community action from EU servers as well. You showcasing an outfit on Ceres was great! Just check if you may get more viewers from EU by moving the time then you lose in the US. If it's probable that you lose more, keep things as they are.

Other then that, I'm really digging the stream. This kind of contact with the developers sets Planetside 2 above most other games. Keep doing the good work and don't let the whiners get to you!
  16. PsychoBat

AFAIK the the whole stream this friday is going to take place during the event and there will be a lot of game content as well, such as future development plans and so on.
  17. AncientAcid

This... you guys need to lock the game files or something.. these .ini tweakers.. .cfgers .. scripters.. rate hackers.. need to go.. they have no place in the competative gaming community. They don't play along the same lines as most paying customers. Dayz fell to hackers.. along with many other notable great games. Due to Devs not restricting access to the game files. I can't tell you how many times.. I've been in an NC base.. and a VS base.. where some invisible man is running around popping SCU's or skating around killing everyone.. and yawn * much much worse. Im sure some outfits even use the hackers/exploiters to huge benefit.
  18. Luperza Community Manager

This thread is not to discuss gameplay related issues, hacking, etc, please take that to the other forum threads. ;)

Friday, January 25th 2013 will showcase the Ultimate Empire Showdown instead of Friday Night Ops on PlanetSide 2's TwitchTV channel.

I have noted this a ton of times, we are accepting all outfits from all servers - US, EU, AU- for outfit spotlights. How to get your outfit into the queue is listed on the sticky threads, but I'll reiterate it here. :) Send me a PM with the title "FNO: <outfit name>" and I'll get back to you. Remember you're going to the back of the queue so it may take months or weeks depending on the availability of the outfits in the queue.

As far as time goes, we can't move it up earlier because we are working. =P We do PS2FNO after we work our normal eight hour shift and we really can't cut into that time anymore because we also want to make lots of cool things for you to play with in game! :) We do provide replays for those that can't make the time. It's unfortunate that we aren't all on the same schedule :(

See and chat with you all Friday for the UES!! <3
    • Up x 3
  19. Duvenel

Was just wondering if I could get my question about stream/cast timestamps answered? :)
  20. Hordak

That would be awesome. Kinda like EPIC FAILS of the week or some thing. Can even do best/worst.