Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Lacrosix

Stream the top 10 outfit recruitment vids heh!
    That Luperza chooses!
    • Up x 1
  2. Fleabag

Er.....firstly could I just ask er....well....er...does the word "dump" not have the same slang meaning in the states as it does in the U.K.? :eek:

Anyway, moving swiftly on! :p

Because I quite like the idea of having a little self-depreciation in the mix have you considered a "wooden spoon" like award/showcase type thingy? Where players could submit their most embarrassing screw up, death, comedic /fail in general from in game footage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wooden_spoon_(award)
    • Up x 2
  3. McMish02

I doubt this kind of coding is in the game....

but i think it would be sweet that if on a cont you could weapon lock people in certain regions.

so weapon lock the outside of the map all but like a 3 base interior and a few outposts.
    inside the small interior section only unlock pistols and knives, and maybe ATVs

not only would it be fun as heck, but you would get to see some interesting tactics form us since range does not matter.
    Also we could do some serious testing/balancing on the pistol.

this may not fall under an "ops night" but its still a fun idea for an event.
  4. Rossinna-Sama

Devs vs the Community. SOE all on one side and the community on the other. Is 100 scythes enough to take out Higby in a souped up MAX? Time to find out.

Permanent Night "day", the server is locked to the darkest setting for the duration of the event to showcase more night combat.

Dev Warfare: Side with your factions dev (Higby for NC, You for VS and... Sorry TR... I don't know... :( ) and help your "leader" to claim more kills than the other two. Would probably work best if a single base such as Zurvan was used.

Just some random Ideas.
    • Up x 1
  5. Policenaut

Once buggies are added in there needs to be a demolition derby at the J908 Impact Crater.
    • Up x 1
  6. FantasticBoss

I wanna be part of the show! Haha.

I really like the ideas behind FNO. I'm def gonna check it out when the time comes this week.
  7. Crator

I think the word you are looking for is "Promotion".... Some people call them "Outfit Spotlights"....
  8. Groovis

Excellent suggestion!
  9. EroticPastry

What I would love to see is revolutionary war style combat. Giant line of everybody with single shot guns firing back and forth with a few things of artillery further back and maybe some flash cavalry swooping from behind.
  10. Luperza Community Manager

Some really great ideas in here. Keep them coming.

Maybe post launch I can do something like the "knife only" or "pistol only" continent for the show duration. It'll require a little more loven than I can provide on my own right now. ;) It does sounds like a TON of fun. I'll definitely put this on the back log.
  11. ChironV

Ninja Night.

Infil's only. Knives and smoke grenades....

Of course there would be no need to YouTube it. All you would see were puffs of smoke and the glint of knives everywhere.

If an infil gets stabbed in the woods and you dont see anyone around, does he make a sound?
    • Up x 1
  12. BiggLou55

King of the Dome!

A Light Infantry Race to the top of one of the Bio Domes and back down again using only Jump Jets! :)
    • Up x 1
  13. JohnWayne74

Here is my idea, cancel the show, I actually thought it was terrible.
  14. Luperza Community Manager

Sorry you feel that way John. Any suggestions on how to make it more enjoyable for you other than purely giving up. D:
  15. Crator

Now, is that something John Wayne would do? :p
  16. Razor_01

I guess you could have "Feed the Troll" night. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  17. Luperza Community Manager

HAHAHA! <3
  18. Ronin Oni

so don't watch?

I didn't tune in (forgot wtf I was doing that night) but it obviously has a viewership...

if it's not for you it's not for you.

No need to be rude bout it.
  19. Helvedus

He was joking. The internet and sarcasm are hard to spot together.
    • Up x 1
  20. Ronin Oni

I still don't see any clue that he was joking unless you know the guy or something.

doesn't look like a sarcastic reply to me... and I use dry sarcasm all the time (which on the internet does often offend)