Friday janurary 4th(waterson): Let the BRIT drop vs The Vanu Alliance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Obscura, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Uben Qui

I think it that the Sentinel promoter is just a tad overzealous and looking for a buzz using TB.

Try to get past the whole TB thing, and look at it more as a server event made by real players. Part of a player created meta thing, so to speak. That guy in the BRIT guild does not really run BRIT I don't think. He is just there as a figure head for a guild that has nothing to do with the Jan. 25th event. He just happens to play on a server, and some guys on that server are working with the guild he belongs to, to make a server event between factions.

It is a positive thing, why try and take a leak on it? :(
  2. Whethers

Edge Gamers Organization (eGo) will support the BRIT.
  3. Vlas

4. Aghar30

i think i need explanation of this pic
  5. Neurotoxin

Hell yes! Vanu Alliance is gonna shred the Brit Drop!
  6. Varben

Waterson NC are talkin' tough here, but you guys don't own 2 continents. You currently own 0, and here's why.

The TR, whether you like to admit it or not, actually do dominate our server. They have two population peaks, and their population means that they're the ones who dictate where the fights are. But they' don't actually know the meaning of defend unless it's followed by "the crown." This means that there's never less than 20% of them on Indar, and the rest of their forces can start attacks anywhere. Often, their first peak sweeps Amerish and then Esamir, leaving us to quibble over them after they're gone. After that they have nowhere else to go but Indar. We then pull out of the other continents to defend Indar, leaving just you left on 'em while we push back their zerg. You then cap them, since the TR gives away continents. During the second peak, we tend to fight on Esamir and make a fun time with you guys in the snow and honestly make good gains until the TR comes and attacks Indar, when we gotta ffffff****in' GO BACK and defend it again. So you get to keep your two until the TR's first pop peak takes your ****, cause you can't defend both against them and us.

The TR are the Orcs of our server. They can take and hold everything if they were disciplined and organized enough. But they're not so they can't. We've taken two approaches to dealing with them, you grab territory from them when they're not looking and we hold bitterly to our continent when they come for it. This means we can only ever own Indar, but it means we never lose it.
    (Unless we're losing it RIGHT NOW cause of the first pop peak and we're not being responsive to it)
  7. SinerAthin

Absolutely amazing.

A pity I won't be able to participate in the event as I am on Miller, but I will looking forward to the videos as they are released, especially TB and maybe the VA as well. Make sure to get some good footage!

This game should push more for organized outfit battles like this.
  8. Dreamspell

I'll be there.
  9. Zassik

This should be amazingly fun...the TR pop is normally only about 40% of the server with the VS being mid 20's. Should be fair.
    • Up x 1
  10. Obscura

Did you not get the memo or something? Angry joe and TB have 2 of the largest TR outfits on waterson, that combined with let the brit drop will be ALOT OF PEOPLE, probably a third of TR's total population. As far as I know, this isn't just outfit vs outfit. It's multiple outfits vs multiple outfits. Not the whole VS, only 3-4 outfits. There, now do you get it? Or must I KEEP explaining to you whats going on.

And for the 100th time this isn't the january 25th event, it's something they decided to do because it was fun.
  11. xOrionx

Dear VS;
    brace yourself to be run over by the TR zerg. But seriously, TR outnumbers you guys 2-3 by 1.
    • Up x 1
  12. bbeq

this is sadly true... at least the VS can hold Indar ;D ( was worried for you guys last night)
  13. Uben Qui

This is the memo I got, pal. But, the idiot who posted it seems to have omitted the points you are taking swings at me with.

"This friday Totalbiscuit and his army plus the TR outfit Let The BRIT drop will be battling The Vanu Alliance(multiple outfits). Totalbiscuit will be streaming this event along with a few of us vanu as well I think. If you're on waterson or you just want to participate in one of the first huge outfit vs outfit battles, then be there by 8pm EST! It's gonna be insane."

Oh wait, that was you... :rolleyes:
  14. Obscura

So somehow after reading that, you gained from it that THE ENTIRE VS(The VA is not the entire VS) faction will be battling ONE SINGLE TR outfit(when I mentioned the BRITS and TBs outfit). Yeah you have awful reading comprehension buddy, I suggest working on that.

I think it's hilarious how all the NC from waterson are coming to this thread to talk some sort of **** because of their disdain with being left out of this awesome event. it's alright, if you guys can make it out of your warpgate to bring a few outfits to the western side of indar where we and the TR are fighting then I applaud you. but it's not happening lol, and if it does? VS and the TR will both turn on you at once and demolish anything you bring.
  15. KiddParK

The simple reason that the VA are going up against the Brits there is that one of the commanders was talking to TB and he asked if we could put together a decent fight here worth playing/streaming on the Vanu side. We told him ya and he came over to the teamspeak and the idea was hammered out that it would be a fight on the 4th. Kudo's go to Fear the Amish from Xen for orchestrating the event.

[IMG]
    a little self promotion never hurt.

If any NC wants to do this against the VA, or one of the individual outfits in it (sent, tox, xen, quantum, wnx.. etc) then simply send us a tell and we'll be more than happy to oblige and let you walk all over us, or whatever smack talk you will follow up that first PM with, sure, why not.

The important thing here is we're all trying to have fun and incorp something meta into this endless fight.

And that the NC are upset, that's also important...

in all honesty if were not Vanu...

I'd never be NC either.

:rolleyes:

]C ! cl cl
    • Up x 2
  16. Fear The Amish

hey folks lets all simmer down and get some things straight... TB will not be streaming he never said he would stream. TB doesn't stream PS2 because he feels people are gonna be screen sniping. Secondly its VA which can muster about 100-200 members at most against everything the Brit's can bring (around 500+)... and i am fine with that we are just looking for a good fight. I was a big part in setting this up and it was designed to get some great footage for the jan 25th promo stuff because i (and i also think TB) believe that the only way to get this game a bigger pop is to get the name out there. So NC if you want to show up that is awesome... but i doubt we will be doing it on esamir so i don't think we will see DVS (sick burn).

So lets all just have fun and kick some hiney and take some names and enjoy the good fights.
    • Up x 2
  17. Obscura

Oh how I love trash talk :D
  18. The Funk

Waaaaaiit a minute. Now I read the guy's memo and it clearly states TB will be streaming. He seams to be very adament about properly reading said memorandum and taking everything in it as factual...
  19. HerpTheDerp

Looks like a TR Infiltrator
  20. Obscura

Nope, I got the wrong memo on that one, I THOUGHT TB was streaming but I guess not. I would edit it that but for some reason SOE forums don't let you edit a post more than 30 minutes afterwards. Oh well :p