[BUG] Forward Grip does not work on GR-22

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Soujyo, Dec 14, 2012.

1. BuzWeaverPS2

Thanks for the heads up. I have the NS11 - Platinum as debating whether I wanted a foregrip or compensator. I may wait and see if these attachments get some kind of attention from the devs.
  2. Soujyo

I'm not putting words in your mouth sir, nor am I being an *** as you seem to think. The point was simple and by the very same math you used, which is exactly what I was saying.... there is essentially no difference. A missed shot is a missed shot, be it 3 inches at 25m or 10 feet at 200m. What I find amusing is you're trying to argue about semantics, when the issue is pretty clear. You don't want to waste certs on an upgrade that does nothing for the intended effective range of a weapon. My "10 second" test as you put it, was only a part of the testing I've done but is the most visibly obvious way of showing pretty clear results.

Sure I can go 100m away from a wall, do a completely unrealistic use of the weapon for the sake of a test and perhaps prove a tiny difference. So it may indeed become visible at that range, congrats on that gents thorough testing on something that is pretty much outside the parameter of intended use of a CQC to medium range weapon. Which by the way the most recurring theme in that thread for both the compensator and grip is "tiny almost no visible difference at short to medium range ".
    As you yourself stated "At low ranges, any minute difference in that angle could be negligible or barely noticeable".

Fully automatic weapons, even burst fire weapons, are not intended to be used at sniper distance. Even using the available upgrades and a 4x+ scope the effect on most tests from the linked thread depict differences as little as 1 - 3%. For crying out loud some of them are counting pixels just to find a difference, which could fall into the randomness of the recoil and spread itself.

Semi-auto weapons fair no better, and bolt action weapons have zero use for such attachments which makes it even more confusing as to why they're even offered for such weapons.

So please let's stop with the derailing of the threads simple intended purpose, to get a visible and useful effect out of weapon upgrades. Not overpowering, but functional inside the intended effect derived from the tool tips.

Necroing a thread buried 6+ pages back isn't going to get traction on a problem that still persists.
  3. Daedrick

Plaaaaaaaaaaacebo Effect with random pourcentage. Great post mate.
  4. Littleman

Well, you were also firing over a shorter distance. I know I couldn't work my SABR-13 without the firegrip at distances where a 3.4x or 4x scope would actually be preferable over iron sights or 2x reflex because of the < and > recoil it suffered from and this gun is designed to be at it's strongest at long range. Foregrip level 2 all but removed the faintest remaining traces of horizontal recoil. It's not a bug, or a placebo effect, it's an issue of distances. At short range, the differences are far too minute, it's only centimeters, if that. Over longer distances, like 50m+, we're talking reducing the kick by a meter or two.

Mind you, I will admit the advanced foregrip is a much more noticeable difference from the basic foregrip than the basic foregrip is from nothing at all, but no one can convince me that even the basic foregrip isn't practically required on a rifle that reacts like a cannon after every shot through a 3.4x scope.

Also, a little advice: look for the weapons with the level 2 laser pointer. I'm hip firing my TAR at 40m and scoring hits with such unerringly reliable accuracy I'm terrified I'll be considered a hacker by the moderators. I use a 3.4x scope only for clearer shots on fairly distant targets.
  5. Skurcey

I just shot with and without in full automatic 10 bullets on a wall and watched impact...