[BUG] Forward Grip does not work on GR-22

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Soujyo, Dec 14, 2012.

1. ClusterBomb

It doesn't matter what the screen says, it matter on how we feel, and I don't feel a big difference between having the customization and not having it.
  2. Jestunhi

Completely and utterly false.

Do you decide how fast a car is by measuring its speed or by estimating how fast it feels?
  3. Jinru

Forward Grip on the default NC Medic gun doesn't work either. It's turned me off from purchasing upgrades for all the other guns other than Optics.
  4. Phyr

Everyone that complains about the forward grip is using it on a weapon with unequal horizontal recoil.
  5. Mietz

I'd like to sell you this car that can go 999kph, at least thats what the dashboard says when i press the pedal.
  6. Littleman

Just out of curiosity... what zoom of sight/scope are people using to gauge the usefulness of the foregrip?
  7. Jestunhi

If you throw in some cash too I'll trade it for my car which *feels* like it goes 1000kph (but is in reality much slower).
  8. TartarusMkII

The video really seems to prove it.
  9. Soujyo

I've seen the raw data on a lot of the weapons in the game that has been floating around, and I question exactly why you would want a horizontal recoil reduction on a weapon that for the most part has roughly equal horizontal recoil. These weapons inherently are easier to control because of the fact the recoil doesn't favor specifically one direction.

ie: When you ADS (Aim down sights) at a target 30m away at center mass, the chance of the guns own recoil dragging it drastically off to the left or right is pretty slim due to the likeliness that one of the recoils will counteract it via opposing direction.

When using it on a weapon that favors a heavy recoil to the right or left specifically it becomes very apparent that even with smaller bursts (3 to 4 shots) that the weapon is usually off target with out any input via the user, and full auto obviously further aggravates the recoil issue. Would it not seem logical to then especially want a fore-grip to try and help curb some of that?

As for the laser sight I honestly couldn't tell exactly how much if at all, the "cone spread" was improved due to the inability to see bullet impacts beyond the sparks on walls. So judging grouping isn't really a viable option. (Though I understand with 100's of people shooting you can't have bullet marks all over the place and retain performance). All I can go with is the fact that the reticle is indeed smaller at the onset of firing and that is all. I would hope and believe that the reticle bloom, being the most basic and important foundation components in a FPS is working properly.
  10. Dr. Allcome

Thanks for saving me the certs. The grip obviously does not work.
  11. Phrygen

Forward grip/compensator does a lot for the BR. The problem is that battle rifles are complete trash even with the mods.
  12. Badname2059

There was another thread exactly like this a few weeks ago. If I recall correctly, it turns out they do have an effect. It is just hard to notice when testing it at short ranges (you are shooting at a wall only a few feet away...).
  13. Soujyo

I was for the test and continue to favor the default iron sights. 3.4x's and above make fighting inside of 20m a chore and heavily reduce situation awareness in my opinion. I've had very limited success with the red dot no zoom sights, either they don't agree with my aiming or are glitchy in terms of accuracy. However that is my opinion not a proven fact.

The night vision/IFRV has it's merits but is strictly a 40m or closer scope (indoor/urban combat) outside of that range you can't see the enemies to shoot at and makes it a bit challenging to be adaptable to PS2's varying situations hehe.
  14. Soujyo

So first of all I'll question how range changes anything, if my shot is off by 3 inches at 25m it'll be off by several feet at much longer range. That wall is about 25m away, essentially about the max distance for maximum weapon lethality by the games own code. The recoil in the video shows it following the exact same pattern with and with out the grip, meaning that even if you shoot 75m away the recoil pattern will be the same.

Assuming you fire single shot, in which I do have video footage of that as well but didn't include it in the original upload. The pattern again is virtually identical.

Now putting logic aside as for why a shot missed at 25m isn't going to magically hit at 80m. Why on earth would you want to fork certs out for a horizontal recoil reduction that does absolutely nothing to the recoil inside the weapons effective range? The Forward grip is offered on weapons that primarily fire in full auto, and are not known for, or really intended to be used for sniping. You wouldn't put a forward grip on a bolt action sniper rifle... if you miss the shot recoil is not the issue you're worried about lol.

** edit guess lol extended was censored =P sorry **
  15. Badname2059

Again, I don't recall the thread, but it is here somewhere. I suggest you use the search feature, I don't feel like doing it for you when you should have used it before posting anyways. But there is a difference, and its pretty obvious that range does play a part in it. I mean, its pretty basic maths.

Your recoil can be considered an angle from your players position. At low ranges, any minute difference in that angle could be negligible or barely noticeable. The longer the range, the easier it is to see a difference in that angle. I remember exactly one video posted in that thread, a guy had a grip on his gun. He fired at a tower over long range and looked at the results. There was a major difference that was immediately noticeable due to the range. When you are only feet from a wall, the difference in the angle is negligible.

Again, I never tested anything. But there is another thread where other people did much more in-depth looks into the grips than your 10 second test did, they had plenty of videos there testing the grips on multiple weapons. Again, use the search function.

That isn't really my point. I'm not making a case for how effective it is to buy a grip, I was just stating that there is in fact a difference in not having one which was proven in another thread. You are being too presumptuous and putting words in my mouth. Quit being an *** and use the forum search function.

EDIT: On second thought, screw it, I'll be helpful and post the thread.

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/compensator-and-forward-grip.57926/page-3

Look at the last two pages, especially the video there, the grips do something. Your test was just bad.
  16. Redshift

I complained about this to customer services a few weeks back, forward grip on the cycler TRV though, i did a similar testing proceedure as you and notice there is no difference, spoke to CS and they said "honestly there is a difference" after more testing i have come to the conclusion that if that difference exists it is so small it is irrelevent
  17. Skurcey

test against a wall, and see the bullet hole, a compensator reduce perhaps 12% recoil
  18. Lord Robert

I too have not noticed a difference in horizontal recoil using a MSW-R with forward grips. Wish I had those certs back.
    I know, I know, "buy advanced laser sight for that weapon! Its hipfire CQC! What are you thinking???"
    But still, something is wrong with forward grips.
  19. Protential

Hip-fire is for newbs. And these upgrades need to be noticable to warrant people spending money on them.
  20. Sebyos

Games obviously in ******* beta and will be for another 3 months minimum. It's pissing me off. I had the worse gaming year I EVER ******* HAD with Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 and now this piece of trash. All of these games were ******* beta on release.

The gaming industry sales are going down every year, yet their reaction is to lower quality instead of improving to attract and retain customers. That's some really bad 3rd grade thinking right there.