[BUG] Forward Grip does not work on GR-22

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Soujyo, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Soujyo

So I've noticed a trend lately that a lot of add on equipment for guns didn't really do their stated job or fail to work all together. This last patch made a noticeable difference in the compensator on certain guns as before the reduction seemed to be non existent.

Today I decided to check out the GR-22 and have fallen in love with it, however when faced with the decision between laser sights for hip fire or forward grip, my outfit raved about how amazing forward grip was so I gave in and dumped the certs. Being that I'm a bit overly picky about how my weapons work I decided to check what kinda impact it had on the considerable right side kick of the GR-22.

As I began testing it became pretty obvious the recoil and impact patterns were identical. There was no visible improvement to the gun what-so-ever. Now for 100 certs I'd like to think that when I spent points improving a gun it would actually ya know, do something. =)

I took some in-game video and will include a link later to it, but I figured I'd see what others experiences have been. (Want to render it down into a codec so it's not so huge to put on youtube.)

*Included an image to show the path of the recoil and how I was testing it on the center of the globe.[IMG]
  2. Rane

All the guns upgrades do absolutely nothing, from my perspective. Excecpt the higher zoom weapons, which make it impossible to sustain fire on anything.

The only people who honestly believe forgrips and compensators and all that **** do anything are the same people who you could give a skittle to and tell them it is some super flu medicine and they will claim they feel better after eating it. <- this is a known medical thing, you think you are getting something so you think you feel the effects. Nothing I have bought for any weapon so far has made a noticable difference. There is more difference in counter-strike with the silenecer on and off the M4 then there is with ANY weapon upgrades in this game.
  3. LordBelak(!)

Nope, I know that at least the Laser Sight and it's advanced counterpart work on the Cycler TRV and the Terran stock pistol. Not sure about the others because I only play Terran medic, but I would imagine that there are similar results.
  4. Antivide

Compensator and laser sights work.

Dunno about forward grips, I'm hesitant on dumping 100 cert points for something that may or may not work
  5. Daedrick

As far as I know, and from my personnal experience I agree with the OP and Rane, weapon upgrades do absolutly NOTHING. I simply got my compensator and foward grip for the look of my already under powered battle rifle. Great game we have here.
  6. Phyr

Put a forward grip on the SAW and tell me it doesn't help.
  7. Deamian

Compensator and Forgrip for NS-11A do nothing for recoil either. Please bug this in game for all guns you have tested, not sure what else to do, geez 200 certs i've wasted on a few guns.

Sorry small edit, I also did a test standing at a line, cross hair on a little bolt on the floor to line up, aim at same spot on wall and up up we go no matter what was equipped.
  8. Deamian

It's possible that saw isn't bugged? amazing right.
  9. Phyr

You're assuming it's a bug, and not a failure to understand how it works.
  10. Bad News

Wouldn't it be easier to report what is working instead of reporting all the bugs?
  11. Soujyo

Finished rendering, figured I'd post it.
    (Don't happen to see an edit button for my post lol?)
    • Up x 1
  12. ClusterBomb

What is wrong with some of you. We are saying that the weapon Customizations don't improve the weapons performance, we have experinced it, I have the Grip on 4 guns of mine and not once has it made a difference. ''

Just gonna get rid of this game.
  13. Deamian

Just please don't listen to the trolls and bug what you feel is bugged, i have a video showing the exact same bullet locations on the wall with grip/compensator and without both, the recoil is the same, I was contacted by a developer to bug it so, done.
  14. Moxin

Isnt this rather a challenge :p

I did upgrade the SAW with the forward grip and didnt feel much of a difference...
  15. Soujyo

I can confirm that the laser sight does in fact make the reticle smaller from the onset, you can test this by using the globes in the warp gate to see how spread out it is with & with out the laser sight.
    [IMG]
  16. lsp1

GR-22 isn't a ads weapon anyway.
  17. Nephera

Ok that video pretty clearly shows the forward grip is not working.
  18. Jestunhi

This, in a nutshell, is why we can't decide if something works based on how it feels.
  19. Soujyo

True but I'd say the my video is pretty explanatory as this is not a "feel" but rather quite visibly true. =)
  20. Jestunhi

A small sample of testing at a relatively short range with the inherent random factor of cone of fire.

Plus as SoE haven't told us exactly how the forward grips work (Which is the first bullet that it effects? Does it reduce H recoil by a percentage or a fixed amount? Etc).

On the other hand, I suppose the aim isn't to prove your theory right but simply to get SoE to check whether there's a problem with the weapon... in which case the video may be enough. ;)