[BUG] For those who believe NC whiners (balance of small arms).

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by hellin, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Phyr

The ingame metrics are terrible, and differ between the shop and the loadout screen. That's why we use data tables with real numbers.
  2. hellin

So it is also necessary to fix. Otherwise remain unclear situation.
    And I will not say that the table corresponds to how the fight game. In a collision of equal forces in the game - wins not NC.
  3. newtis

no - and numbers only wont help you anyway. there is a puspose for each weapon. and usually the weapon descritption says it all - that could be fixed. BF3 doesnt show real numbers too. its betterthat way, keep it immersive, not a math game thx.
  4. QuantumMechanic

Food for thought: if all weapons were balanced 100% even, then effectively all weapons would be the same.

People would complain about THAT a lot more.
    • Up x 1
  5. QuantumMechanic

According to that spreadsheet, basically carbines, assault rifles and LMGs all have the same maximum effective range. I'm looking at bullet min damage @ range.

Is that really true? That doesn't seem right. Especially considering assault rifles vs carbines.
  6. HerpTheDerp

According to SOE, carbines are just ARs without stocks. And LMGs are just ARs with bigger magazine size.
  7. QuantumMechanic

Huh. I never would have thought that.
  8. Faithwolf

but seriously guys.. do you swear on bible?
  9. Arcanum

You shouldn't always believe they are working properly, though. There may be a time when the numbers there are somehow different from reality.

Edit: Not that I'm saying they're wrong or were ever wrong so far.
  10. hellin

One of the major mistakes. For small arms, for example, the length of the barrel directly affects the accuracy and force of impact by a bullet. With short bullet leaves the barrel at a higher rate but has more deviation. For the long barrel - conversely. In short barrel carbine, the machine gun is long. Now use the brains.
  11. Jestunhi

Yes, but everyone's opinion is based on their own bias and experiences, which are inherently different.

That's why most balancing discussions which consist of "we feel UP" tend to not achieve anything.

I'll continue to rely on data rather than pilots saying AA is OP, ground people saying air is OP, NC saying everyone is OP, etc, etc.
  12. Corezer

13. QuantumMechanic

It's timely that you mention that. Yep, according to the spreadsheet the battle rifles are all nearly identical. I have had the AMR for quite some time now - I love it. it's the only gun I have a gold medal in sofar. A few days ago I bought the Eidolon, and it seems for the most part to be the same as the AMR (to me anyway). What differences have you noticed?
  14. Azimaith

Dude, they aren't the same. The Eidolon has no bullet drop. The AMR and Warden are basically identical while the VS get icing on the cake for the Eidolon.

I imagine they'll eventually get around to fixing the issue but I hardly think its going to be a priority.
  15. Corezer

The AMR and eidolon both go up right, but the AMR slightly less horizontally. The AMR consistently takes 5 body shots to down opponents even though its damage is listed at the same 250 as the eidolon (which takes 6) and the Warden (which takes 3, and is near completely vertical in its recoil unlike the other 2)

Also I notice that in spite of the solstice SF having the same recoil pattern as the solstice (up and right) I notice that it is much more vertical, with no noticible pull to the right like the standard solstice (not that i notice it pulling much more to the right, it seems to bounce horizontally in both directions pretty evenly for me.)

that 6th shot to kill makes the eidolon pretty much a waste of SC for me, the AMR is on the border for me, with its lighter recoil I have a pretty good shot at the 5 shot. Still not a Warden though...
  16. Corezer

I know they arent the same, I figured the eidolon would be a warden with no bullet drop, but it isnt, it's HORRIBLE v_v
  17. QuantumMechanic

Well, ****. Guess who's buying the Warden tonight! :)
  18. Phyr

I'm atheist, I swear on everything.
  19. gunshooter

T5 AMC is an awful gun that no one uses.

ACX-11 is one of the best LA carbines period, it kills in 5 shots, has perfectly balanced recoil and no cof. Nice thread though comparing 1 aspect of the weapons total.
  20. gorviss

ho hum...another 'we need buffs they need nerfs' thread...moving on