Flash grenade. OP, and I love it.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ChironV, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Purple

i will have to try these. i thought the radius was the same as a normal frag. if its alot bigger then i can see them being usefull.
  2. ChironV

Actually the radius is smaller, however unlike a regular nade you can AIM it. That alone makes it 50% more lethal. I've gotten a few headshots with the nade launcher. To say the least my foes were less than pleased.
    Nice tactic to use if you get the opportunity, is to gun some foe down at range, wait for the 2 or three medics to run over for the rez and lob a nade in the middle of them. 3 or 4 for the price of one. Yes its evil. :p
  3. Undead Clown

You aren't from around here are ya?
  4. ChironV

Whups. Was posting to another thread on Grenade Launcher. Serves me right for running multiple windows of the forum. Herp Derp.
    • Up x 1
  5. Purple

NP was wondering what you were talking about lol. the launcher is already used by me and i love it.
  6. AlienDung

Dumb question: Does your flashbang blinds your allies too?

And yeah, i've been blinded once by it (don't know where it came from) and the screen went completely blank for a few seconds. There was nothing to do, except flying away randomly and pray. The only reason i didn't die was because i probably wasan't the person's target.
  7. ChironV

yes. id does blind the allies. Like a frag grenade it does not discriminate.
    • Up x 1
  8. indianahoops

Is it a good tactic to throw one of these out of the teleporter rooms in bio domes?

For example....

You have a bunch of enemy troops right outside the teleporter room waiting to gun you down.

Can you throw out a Flash Grenade and run out with guns blazing?

That is one situation I have found my self in that I can't find a good solution for.....
  9. ChironV

Situational.
    Depends on where the enemy is. If they are facing the tele-room doorway when you drop the nade out the door they will be blind. Key is to make sure you are not facing the door where you dumped the nade. In fact to make sure, I turn around and run to a corner away from the door. Also you have to figure that all the allies looking out the door for some cheap kills will be blind.
  10. pnkdth

Why did you make this thread? Can you imagine the zerg using these? Urrrrgh.
  11. Village

Used these just today and had some great success. I throw these into a room when a group of enemies are capping, then bust through the door with my extended mag nova and start capping fools.
  12. Achmed20

just made a quick video of the flashbangs.

First one is directly on front of me,
    second one directly behind me,
    and the third one on the other side of the room.

as you can see, it doest matter where you are looking at.
    • Up x 3
  13. Chiss

Thanks OP... i just bought flash grenades. I can still see perfectly fine while my screen is white...? Waste of 200 certs.

I woudlnt get smoke either, as its too much of a gamble on their settings;
  14. Achmed20

just used a flash aggainst an engie who was guarding a crontrol point.
    i bet was shocked by his white screen cause i could clearly see he had no idea what happend to him :D
  15. Achmed20

gotta admit, teh flashbang is quite situational but if you have to clear a room, its awesome.

just had 3 guys camping a room so i decided to throw a flashbang inside. when i ran in to give them the final push, they were all running aggainst the wall. got 2 of them, the otehr one got away due to reload.
    the left over was typing "wtf was that ****?" :D

awesome. best investet certs so far
  16. MasterCheef

Im tempted to get flash bangs, any more testimonials??
  17. CatFancy

Yes I'm looking to get them as well soon. Any more info on them?
  18. Jake the Dog

Personal experiance with this lol i first thought something was wrong with my game but cleared up after a bit then it happened again... and again. I was protecting our sunderer and some duecebag vanu mustve thought it was funny to watch me run around blind...
  19. Ghoest

I certed for these and tried them out the last 2 days on occasion.

My first thought is they cost more than frags - and with my addiction to C4 I hate to be spending more.

My second thought is they are awesome on occasion - running into a room with 3 or 4 blind enemies is way cool. But usually the situation isnt so favorable. I suppose working with an organized squad they might shine.
  20. Achmed20

btw, flashbangs are currently broken. they dont do anything since yesterday