Flash grenade. OP, and I love it.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ChironV, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ChironV

Certed it and tried it on myself. They changed it from beta. You go completely blind for 6 seconds. Completely Blind. Screen goes white.

OMG... I cleared a room full of 4 HA gathered around a term with one flash nade tossed in before I ran in with my automatic shotgun. It was like shooting ducks in a barrel.

I. Love. it.
  2. Mrasap

wouldn't a normal grenade have cleared the room anyway? what's the range of impact these days?
  3. Trysaeder

I had a ton of fun with these in an organised fireteam during beta, along with stun wielding heavies with MCGs.
    Thank you for tipping me over the edge.
  4. exLupo

Flash blind radius is far, far larger than frag kill radius. Conc grenades are good the same way. Sure, you have to actually murder guys but the odds that you will are higher. Frags are FAF and kill friendlies.
  5. Blitzer

This topic highly is relevant to my interests, been looking at the flash nades for quite a while now (because my thinking was that there has to be some significant upside to flash grenades to make them viable choice over normal grenades) but I'm just too cheap to hand over the certs for testing purposes. You already mentioned greater area of effect (which is great), are there other significant differences? For example, is the detonation timer the same as normal grenade?
  6. Velron

I have been debating between smoke or flash....just sold me on flash!
  7. Achmed20

sounds awesome but im still sceptical.
    any1 mind doing a video of some self flashbanging AND do it for LOW settings and hight settings?

mind sound stupid but so many effects are just completly gone when you play on low settings, that they are not worth using them at all.
  8. jak

I can verify that low settings makes your screen go entirely white when you've been flash naded. I think this will be my next purchase...
  9. Swiffle

Gonna give this a try, I have extra cert points laying around waiting for stuff like jets to get unbugged.
  10. Achmed20

good to know. well since i dont know where to put my next 200 certs anyway, i might aswell take flashbangs.
  11. Hwat

Do they still have the grenade warning? I must consider this, especially to convince my outfit that I'm not just the guy who hides in the rafters.
  12. iMartyr

Do you receive any support XP if an enemy flashed by you is killed by a teamate?
    • Up x 1
  13. Vallos

What about the smoke grenades? I love them! Flying around and tossing a smoke grenade just to see the enemy raging. I think smoke grenades are better than flash grenades.
    Q: If I toss a smoke grenade to the back of the tank, will it have the same effect as the smoke screen?
  14. framperton

No. The tank smoke screen prevents vehicle lock ons, it obscures its thermal signature. The LA smoke is only visual.
  15. finoro

I warned about this in Beta. With TTKs so low being blinded for even a fraction of a second means you will loose a fight 6s is an eternity. I have 10 shots in my Nighthawk I could kill 5 HAs reload and kill 5 more in 6s if they are standing around blind.
  16. Achmed20

it prevents spotting (Q) as far as i know
  17. Swiffle

It doesn't, at least when I tested it right now by throwing it at a nearby wall and running towards it.

People that are spotted still have triangles and names over their head, so I was able to kill someone just by aiming in the general direction and mashing fire while I flashbanged myself for the nth time.

That's my one issue with the flashbang is, it takes a long time to explode. It's easy to see where the frag grenade is with the indictor and seeing + hearing the explosion, but you can't see the indicator from the flash, dont want to see the explosion, and it sounds a bit low when there's LMGs going off inside and all over.
  18. framperton

Which is a visual property of smoke.
    Lock on rockets see through smoke. They don't need to have a LoS on a tank if its just a regular smoke grenade.
  19. framperton

What exactly is the issue with this? Works almost identically in CSS and it becomes an incredibly viable tactic

Plus, it's effectiveness is essentially limited to indoors. Not to mention that at any given point not everyone is looking in the same direction, so not everyone would be blinded for the whole 6 seconds, or at all for that matter. It helps break up doorway camping and the like, so I think it's fair anyways.
  20. Achmed20

hmk, i thought by "visual" u ment "it shows smoke, thats it".