Flash grenade. OP, and I love it.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ChironV, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Ipecac

I got flashbanged today and it definitely did not-nothing. Either they're inconsistent or there's some more specific issue.
  2. Achmed20

ok? at least it did not flashbang me or my teammates yesterday (like 12 hours ago) when i tried to show them the effect.
  3. Klamm

Hah, I'm just picturing this as a kid trying to show his friends a sweet new magic trick he just learned only to keep messing it up.
    "no wait guise wait just look wait okay this time **** wait okay now YOU'RE NOT LOOKING!"
    • Up x 5
  4. Niric

Could they have removed the friendly fire flash from it? I'm assuming they didn't have a way to register grief points when using one on teammates. It was probably a pretty powerful griefing tool people could use to annoy friendlies if they wanted. Hopefully they still work against enemies? Can anyone confirm it for us?

-Niric
  5. MarlboroMan-E

Literally loled.
  6. Xyrm

To all those praising smoke grenades, just remember that the IR/NV sights see through them perfectly... on either side.
  7. BadLlama

Flashbang's combined with concussion grenades **** my MAX :ssshhhhh:
  8. gunshooter

Just remember that no one who likes seeing enemies further than 20m away uses IRNV sights anyway
  9. Xyrm

I use it ALL the time on my engineer. It's hilarious how many LA's I've killed who try to smoke me and die horribly thinking I can't see them.

Sure, it doesn't work at EXTREMELY long range, but it works just fine out to 80-100m. It won't light people up like christmas trees that far, but you can see them just fine, and it's still a huge improvement at night. Since the Trac5s isn't super effective at really long ranges anyway (and that's what I use, with IRNV, Underbarrel grenades, and compensator) it's sufficient. If I need to take part in long range engagements, I prefer to use a different weapon like the battle rifle which I hardly ever touch.

Point being, the best places to use smoke grenades (close quarters with lots of buildings, like biolabs) also tend to have the most people using scopes that can see through it.
  10. doctorzais

Flashbangs are great but they need to fix the friendly fire aspect of it.

Reduce the duration or effect of the flash by 1/2 for friendlies because right now it is ridiculous
  11. doctorzais

I can't believe smoke grenades are certable

Why bother when you can have a smoke launcher that is more reliable and for cheaper?
  12. TribbleFluffer

JUST DONT FLASH YOURSELF XD would be a total fail. like this!
  13. Jeheil

When you spend the 200 points on a flashbang how does it work, do you get a flashbang INSTEAD of your regular grenade ?

I assume my grenade launcher will still fire grenades ?
  14. Niric

Yes it is used in the grenade slot and requires resources to restock. You choose to equip it, or a frag grenade or a smoke grenade if you have it certed as well. The underbarrel grenade launcher is still completely independent of this and is unaffected by your grenade choice.

Because you'd have to give up your Underbarrel grenade launcher, when you could cert the smoke grenade and take both.

Lol. That was pretty amazing. Going to have to show this to my friend.

-Niric
  15. Teraq

Finally put certs into the flash grenade last night. Cleared a couple capture point rooms of 2-3 infantry with the slug shotgun. Before I wouldn't have even attempted this but with the flash grenade it wasn't even a fight. I just walked in and killed them without them returning fire.

A few ran around blindly but for the most part they just stood there. At BR22 I personally have never had a flash grenade used on me so I think most people are confused and think there is something wrong with the game when it happens rather than realizing what is going on.
  16. CheeseThief

I have seen smoke and flash grendes used exactly once since release.

The guy with the smoke grenade was obviously the only one in the battle with his settings above low because everyone else shot through it without a problem, although the random 'puffs' floating around were distracting and did get me shot.

The guy with the flash grenade threw it, then he and three of his friends got blown up by a real grenade.
  17. Nuubo

This is exactly what I was thinking when I ve got hit by a concussion grenade for the first time.... :)
  18. Wildclaw

The flash grenade is quite simply put, bad.

For it to totally blind an enemy, it has to detonate in Frag Grenade death range. Otherwise it will just partially brighten the screen, but still allow the enemy to see and kill you.

So you are spending an extra 30 resources blinding people you could have immediately killed instead.
  19. Ashur

Small issue, you can check this in the thread above, but on low settings smoke doesn't mask anything, it's all fully visible.