Fixing the MCG.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Metallic123, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Metallic123

I've uraxiumed every TR ha lmg including the NS. For NC I did the NC6 (so easy) and EM6. The only thing the MCG has going for it is the fact it's a chaingun. Even that is in question for this with it's cake mixer redesign.

If the MCG were to be placed compared to LMG's it would rank number 9, barely beating the EM1. Now if you take the Jackhammer it would rank higher than all other shot guns at number one.

Shotgun stats per hour.
    http://www.ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/shotgun/all/per-hour
    LMG stats per hour.
    http://www.ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/lmg/all/per-hour
    MCG/Jackhammer stats per hour.
    http://www.ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/chain_gun/all/per-hour

.. This isn't a jackhammer is OP thread but the MCG is under performing thread. Some players can make the beamer look OP, I don't care. I go off stats and how this weapon is incredibly lack luster compared to every other primary weapon in the game. So if you aren't going to write something worth writing then I would appreciate you leaving your comments to yourself.
    • Up x 4
  2. Mastachief

Like i said it is a learn to play issue. Like the other faction specialsmthe mcg is designed for the same enviroment.... it is not a lmg replacement but it still out performs the EM1 so it's fine.

People that only look at stats and never the situation in which the majority of those stats are recorded often get balance wrong. The jackhammer as a great illustrator. You only select the jackhammer for the situation it would suit it much like the mcg is not a lmg replacment...

I can use the mcg effectively as can any TR that applies their brain before equiping it. What makes your stats tell you it's broken is that the mcg advertises to the average pubby by the way it looks and sounds that it should be this master of all gun and like the jackhammer and lasher it is not because it is situational. The problem is the average users.

Oh and not commenting? No thanks, leaving threads like this alone is how zoes/strikers/fractures happen. What really amuses me is you call it lacklustre compared to the lasher hahahha.
  3. Metallic123

The jackhammer is a shotgun, the best shotgun. If you are an NC heavy assault and you are not using the jackhammer it is either because you don't own it or you are uraxiuming something else.

Enlighten me what situation I should be to use this? Do the pro's spin up before popping behind a door? When the MCG was bugged for over a month (instant 800 rpm satisfaction) was there pages of threads of about how this weapon was ruining infantry play? If it were more popular don't you think more people would use and advertise it?

My goal is not asking for this thing to have the TTK of the blitz or armistice but be a better option than it currently is. If you are suggesting I equip giraffe camo and infiltrate the enemies line while a tower is being camped then I don't know what to tell you.

So please, enlighten all of us forum readers who are interested in this weapon on how to use it. A lot of us would love to read it. As much as I love shooting people in the back that isn't always an option with this weapon.

With your logic the jackhammer shouldn't be a shotgun replacement.
    • Up x 5
  4. Nintyuk

• Up x 1
  5. Mastachief

6. Ceskaz

Omelette au fromage ;)
  7. Pie Chasm

Somebody hasn't seen Dexters Lab.
  8. Ceskaz

No, indeed. I guess this meme had a hard time going through french border :)
  9. Dervishkid

Here m deal with the mcg

People say its a situational weapon but here the deal. In what ideal setting would you want it over something other. The my issue. In every situation their is a better choice over the mcg.

The jackhammer and lasher are clear when you should and not use them. The mcg is well.
    • Up x 3
  10. Catch23

Imo it should have higher max ROF (896), reaching it as fast as 800 now.

Then add 50% move penalty. It's not supposed to be a superior LMG, its a Heavy MG
    • Up x 1
  11. Pie Chasm

Laboraitoire du de Dexter?
  12. Metallic123

So far the only situation I found the MCG to excel at is when your behind//flanking an enemy. In that situation any weapon is good.
    • Up x 4
  13. WarmasterRaptor

And with this mechanic redesign, can we get a nice model upgrade with the side grip like on the Xbow? :D hehehe

or make it a certification so it gets better when aiming down sight
  14. Ceskaz

Ok, so I looked and the french dubbed episode is "Le laboratoire de Dexter : L'omelette au fromage".

So basically, they removed the mistake, and Dexter still has to learn French despite the fact that it is no more a foregin language as he is speaking it on everyday basis (because Dexter's Laboratory is dubbed in France, like most of cartoon)... I guess they couldn't do another way because we see Dexter writing "Omelette du fromage". So yeah, this episode sucks in the french version, it loses its flavor ;).
  15. bubbacon

It should be the best rapid fire/CQC in the game; however, its out-performed by after market SMGs. Looks good...sounds good...performs terribly for what it is intended to do.
    • Up x 2
  16. Ceskaz

I don't think it should have the higher RoF (it should be in the top 5 but not necessarily the higher), but it should definitively have the highest sustained fire.
  17. Pie Chasm

The 'mistake' is what made the episode though!

That's why translated stuff sucks.