Fixing the MCG.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Metallic123, Feb 10, 2014.

1. iMartyr

While on the same subject i'd love to see it underslung again. Nothing was more cool looking.
    • Up x 2
  2. Iridar51

"MCG is super accurate for the first X rounds" is a myth and nothing more.
    These two pictures are bursts of 10-20 rounds by CARV and MCG. You win if you manage to point out which of these pictures features your "OP laser beam weapon".
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Using it for "mid range laser sniping" is a bad idea. You might as well snipe with the Inquisitor, hysterically screaming "but it has noooo recooiiill!!11".
    MCG has by far the worst horizontal recoil and first shot recoil multiplier, and low fire rate during spin up time. MCG's damage drops two tiers, when all other LMGs drop down only one. Any other LMG will be both more accurate and damaging at any range past 10 meters.

MCG's only advantages are high DPS after the spin up and low hip fire bloom per shot. It's a hip fire weapon for close quarters, in situations where you can spin it up before actually acquiring a target.
    • Up x 5
  3. Metallic123

Thank you for those pics. I don't understand why this thing is meant to be a short range weapon but it can barely compete with anything in that category. Hell, a T5 AMC could drop you faster than this thing will in that first second.
    • Up x 3
  4. Iridar51

To be honest, I don't understand why there needs to be this weird spin-up mechanic for the MCG at all. The only reason I can think of is to "spice things up", like with the Jackhammer and its burst fire mode that makes him unique even among other shotguns.
    However, the burst fire mechanic is what allows the Jackhammer to perform.
    Spin up mechanic is what keeps MCG from performing. If spin up mechanic would be removed, MCG wouldn't become OP, or even "very good". It would simply mean that MCG can finally start performing at its role - CQC bulletstorm powerhouse.
    • Up x 5
  5. Akashar

Why not removing ADS and replacing it with a spin-up time without firing (basically the same mechanic as the heavy in TF2)
    It would make it really better in CQC while unplayable at range (which was hilarious^^) Maybe give it a 0.75 speed reduction while spinning/firing to make it less powerful. I would love the s*** out of this weapon :=)
  6. Nakar

I think it needs to drop to the 125 damage tier, have no spinup, and be even faster. Like Armistice fast. Make the gimmick be that its COF bloom never stops expanding, so moderating it is necessary unless you're up in everybody's grill.

That or just turn it into the TF2 minigun. And if you do that make it underslung again.
    • Up x 1
  7. Gutseen

fo the luv of GOD YES! SOE needs to return the underslung model. Why on hell u even want to take cover with a minigun? Enemy's are the 1s that should run for the hills.
    Increase the ammo dump to 1000 in stock & 300 in mag (400 with ext mag)
    make tracers look more visible
    -25% movement speed when fireing
    decrease the recoil & make it more accurate.
  8. Takoita

+1.

I cannot upvote this enough. In no FPS game I've ever played did this kind of mechanic do anything but severely nerf the usefulness of the weapon in question.
    • Up x 2
  9. Mastachief

Mcg is great. L2p.
    • Up x 1
  10. sladuog

I've always seen the HA special primaries as tools for clearing rooms and heavily defended positions in close quarters. Lashers can splash inside doorways and around corners, the jackhammer is a burst shotgun which is good at a longer range than others (like coming up the stairs in a triple building), and the MCG can be spun up and provides great sustained fire which doesn't depend too much on accuracy.

The only one which plays similarly to other weapons of its type is the jackhammer. It's probably the only one which is easy to use solo too.

Get a squad of heavies to throw concs, pop shields and spam their special weapons while advancing on an entrenched enemy position, then come back and tell me they're crap weapons.

For longer range you have the LMGs.
    • Up x 1
  11. Metallic123

Straight up, most frustrating uraxium I've gotten.
  12. Pie Chasm

Would you mind presenting some kind of quantitative argument to support your hypothesis?

It is very hard to take you seriously otherwise, nay, it's impossible.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mastachief

Evidence? go use it. If you don't suck it's a great weapon.
  14. Gutseen

my KD is over 4.0
    Im TR
    and I say,that MCG sucks balls compared to T-9 CARV
    • Up x 4
  15. Pie Chasm

I think chicken steak is better than ham steak, because it's a great weapon.

Maybe you should try to justify your opinion?
    • Up x 2
  16. LownWolfe

You must be a straight up noob to think that! Ham Steak is so OP its basically cheating. L2P man, I bet you never played PS1.
    • Up x 1
  17. Pie Chasm

Dude. Without ham steak, breakfast would be completely worthless. Omelette du fromage a une très longue TTK!
    • Up x 1
  18. hawken is better

That's one thing that I've always hated about the T7; there are SMGs, carbines, and assault rifles that shoot faster than it. The thing's cone-of-fire bloom is waaay too high for its rate-of-fire, yet it is an absolute laser when single shotting... which is not what you're supposed to be doing with a minigun. The fact that you have to burst fire it (which doesn't even allow you to reach its already contextually-mediocre rate-of-fire due to the spin-up time) completely negates its "minigun" persona.

Either raise this thing up to 896 rpm, or tighten up its cone-of-fire by a considerable amount. In its current state, it's just a flat-out poor design that implies that the devs have no idea what they're doing.[
    • Up x 3
  19. Mastachief

Jackhammer sucks compared to a 240+certed saw.... buff the jackhammer?
  20. Mastachief

Your k/d with the carv is 2.49 and with the MCG it's 2.79......