Fix Galaxy spawn above bases

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ajma, Nov 17, 2014.

1. SerasVic

talking about this ?

2. Zeocrash

I did, but they also had 2 libs hanging out with them out of AA range. And yes i would be easily able to defeat the galaxies if i could hit them with weapons. On top of that i'm not a lib pilot and i haven't put any certs into my lib. I shouldn't have to invest in the lib upgrades just so that i can take down OP galaxies.

Are you really telling me that the only way you can capture a base is if with spawns that can't be attacked by the base defenders?
  3. Prudentia

36 Enemies vs You

yes... yes... you can either spend the 100 certs for a tankbuster and kill them or stay with the Default Vektor und kill them for afar. Bonus Points if you stop crying that nearly a full platoon of enemies beats you alone and you start teaming up with others
    • Up x 2
  4. ajma

What tells you it was 36 people? Could have just been 3 different 2 man squads with their galaxies.
  5. Prudentia

because 3 guys on the ground who were not communicating would have been about as hard to kill as pressing Q on the galaxies...
  6. Zeocrash

Basically what this comes down to is that it destroys the flow of a battle for one side to have spawns that are not only impossible to kill from the ground but require any player(s) moving to kill the spawn point to remove themselves from the active battle to travel up to kill the galaxies.

If spawn beacons were changed to require no spawn delay, people would complain that they were over powered. High flying galaxies are essentially this plus they can't be hurt by people involved in the battle. I know it makes you feel really cool to sit where no one can hit you and clock up EXP, but it really does **** all over the game.
  7. Copasetic

Could maybe change Bursters and the Skyguard to differentiate between vertical and horizontal range, then your effective range would be egg shaped instead of a sphere. But it sounds like that would be hard to implement because it probably involves changing all the hit detection code.

Honestly I don't think it's too much to ask to have a few people pull aircraft to deal with them. You don't even have to be a good pilot to hit a stationary Galaxy.
  8. Aldaris

Reploy to another base. Spawn Skyguard. Profit.
    • Up x 1
  9. ajma

You missed the point entirely. You are just assuming that because there were 3 Galaxies, there had to be 36 players.
  10. radrussian2

fix? its not broken, its a simple and effective tactic. just go spawn an esf or anti air weapon that doesn't rely on lock on.
    • Up x 1
  11. Prudentia

it could have been 6 total, it could have been 96+ doesn't matter
    galaxies are prey for libs in every Situation.
    also why are you ignoring the Argument? what Comes next? will you complain that i assumed you have a Keyboard which you don't have and therefor can't fly a lib?
    • Up x 2
  12. Whiteagle

Dude, Spawn Whales get hit ALL the god damn time...
    In fact, the best DO NOT just loiter in the Air over a Target, because simply sitting still high over a Drop point pants a huge "Shoot me for free XP" sign on you for any aircraft.

Look, being outpopped sucks, but that's really what your issue is here.
    If these guys weren't in Galaxies, they'd be in half a dozen Sunderers, so even if you DID take out a single Sunderer, they'd have five more sitting around spewing out troops.
    By the time you would have Destroyed half of them, they would have already brought six more to replace them.

Galaxies at the Flight Ceiling are a non-issue when it comes to Ground Combat, all they can do to affect the outcome of Battle is drop Squadmates on the Points, and if you are able to properly defend Points that Spawn for 11 guys means squat.
    Now before, BATTLE Spawn Gals were a NIGHTMARE, they would hover JUST over a Base and nuke Defenders with their Bulldogs while their Infantry could just dick around the Points.
    Luckily, that **** was Nerfed, so a Gal can't hover over a fight without becoming debris VERY quickly, leaving the Galaxy to either do attack runs or stay up so high it can't really do anything to the Ground.

Well it would require them being in at LEAST three Squads, so at the very least it'd have to be something like nine people...
    • Up x 1
  13. ajma

Your argument was that they were at a numerical disadvantage and he was expecting to win. I'm just stating that that is not necessarily true.
  14. Prudentia

he didn't win, so he was at an numerical disadvantage
  15. ScrapyardBob

Learn to shoot better. They are well within flak range even at 700m and the CoF on the burster makes it easier for you to start harassing them when they are directly overhead. Alternately, fall back one base and pull a Skyguard.

Use a "marker" implant when doing AA work - lighting up that dorito for all of your allies means more people will starting shooting at it. Two DB AA MAX units can force a spawn galaxy off-station pretty quickly. It doesn't matter if you kill them, only that you force them to move away from overhead.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a chance-based injury/death system for drops > 300m AGL. Maybe you can only do a 500m AGL with zero deaths if everyone equips the safe-fall implant.
  16. ajma

My outfit has won fights against higher pops. I've lost bases to a numerically inferior force when lonewolfing. Skill and organization also affect the outcome of a fight. In fact, droping from a gal as LA with drifters allows you to get to any point in a base, giving you a considerable advantage over your enemies (and use sensor bolts).
  17. Prudentia

yes i know that... i have defended bases on my own against fulls quads...
    but he apparently lost
    otherwise he wouldn't complain that 3 Spawnpoints which are easier to see and hit than sunderers and only allow a Maximum of 11 People to spawn opposed to the full continent Population as sunderers do are OP...
  18. z1967

I fix the problem by pumping python AP up there by angling up on a hill. Usually I don't get the kill (depending on how sluggish they are to react) but they also never return. The added bonus is I also don't have a useless Skyguard as AP is a very versatile round.
    • Up x 2
  19. Whiteagle

Yes, but that is a difference in SKILL and ORGANIZATION...
    That has nothing to do with the Galaxies or Squad Spawning in one.

Yes, but again, that's a matter of Skill and Tactics...
    You still have to fight FOR the Control Points after all.
  20. ajma

In case you didn't read, I am replying to the argument "only higher numbers win fights". The LA example was just that, an example of skill and organization that might give you an edge against a larger defending force.