EXT MAG BURSTER is a jip.

Discussion in 'MAX' started by snu, Nov 27, 2012.

1. GamerOS

Seriously? Seems they either forgot to nerf the Terran burster Ammo or forgot to increase the NC burster Max damage
  2. snu

TO ALL NC/VANU MAXES, DO NOT PURCHASE EXTENDED MAGAZINE FOR AIR BURSTERS. IT ONLY GIVES YOU +5 TO EACH MAGAZINE, NOT "DOUBLE".
    [IMG]

[IMG]

*SOE Has refused to refund any certs in regards to this misleading upgrade. Please do not fall victim like I did.
    • Up x 1
  3. Riftmaster

I suspect that either they will change the tooltip or (more probably) fix the glitch that made it +5 instead of +50%.

I have the default bursters on my AA MAX...

Downside is that it's almost impossible to kill anything else, even infantry.

Although I have managed to kill the odd heavy or two, and did a tiny bit of damage to a Lightening.
  4. Purg

I fell into the trap, expecting double the mag. Surely at the cost of 500 certs it would be 50% and not simply 5 extra rounds? You'd have to have certs coming out the wazoo to throw 500 at each arm for a measly 5 per mag.
  5. Vargs

I tried to get a refund for the certs I spent on soft-point ammo due to the tooltip being completely incorrect, but they shot me down. You can't really trust anything the game tells you about something before you buy it, so many of these tooltips are either misleading, don't tell you everything, or straight up lie.
  6. Zaik

Why would it be +50% if it was going to double the magazine?

They probably just accidentally used scattercannon extended magazine instead of the burster's. Bursters are common pool so it doesn't make any sense for just NCs to work differently.
  7. Nuubo

Its not just NC, its the Vanu aswell - the TR are the only ones that get the actual 50% increase, AFAIK.
  8. Zaik

Ah, so they're all weird then. It's like the Jackhammer all over again :/

In the end, instead of properly doubling the magazine size they just changed the tooltip to +4.
  9. BadLlama

$OE
  10. snu

got on today and notice they did a MASSIVE STEALTH NERF to AT MINES. then i wondered what else they changed... checked the burster to see if this huge problem was solved, and nope, still just +5 and toooltip still says "doubles"...
  11. desktop

did you send a bug report or just go on the support site and ask for a refund?
  12. SixVoltSamurai

Wait for them to fix it, won't need a cert refund. Sounds like someone thought the NC bursters were scatterguns when coding the ammo increase. ;)
  13. snu

"Our development team has been made aware of the issue and will be working as fast as they can to resolve the matter."

-Nov 25th

welp atleast they have enough time to nerf at mines instead...
  14. SixVoltSamurai

It's not a massive nerf by any stretch, you can't just poop out 2 instantly when running up to a sunderer now, you can't poop out 2 from the rock bridge overlooking the valley from Zurvan to the Crown and hit a sunderer parked there either which I've done. It was a good change and might bring tank mine spam back into line. It was entirely too easy to neutralize an enemy AMS with the previous setup. You can still run up to an AMS but it takes time to get both mines down meaning your survival is dependent on whether you're using giraffe camo or not. Plus it keeps them from flipping over and being useless, since apparently a tank mine cannot blow up if it flips over on it's top. ;)
  15. snu

still not understood how they would rather nerf AT mines and add ingame content than fix something completely broken and that lies to customers.

SOE---> just because you buy extended mag with certs, and it makes you no money, doesn't mean you can throw it on the backburner.
  16. perspicacious

SOE won't give you your certs back. That might lower their profit! Could also show that they give a **** about players. Boo Hiss.
  17. Eric Smith

Really? And I thought everything in the game instantly exploded when it flipped over on it's top...
  18. Honelith

Sigh. Why does this not surprise me? Can we get rid of the guys responsible for NC balance please and fix this damn empire?
  19. Chezze

God damn. Why dident i read this before i used it. I also got only 5 ekstra rounds.
  20. therah

exact same thing happened to me except my ticket got no response