[Vehicle] ESF hover mechanic. How it should actually work.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, May 25, 2015.

1. Eyeklops

2. Kristan

*sigh*
    Do you have anything bring to the matter of gameplay mechanics I'm trying to discuss here or you're here for personal attacks?
  3. Yessme

O M G

oh man, now u really suck hard, what i wride hole time, how many Points i bring?, how many times i cleared why u suck, and now that big booom of sucking.....

Plz man, leav that game and that Forum.

Learn reading, and understanding.

Learn to leav that game + Forum ffs .
  4. SNAFUS

You are trying to be analytical of a scfi shooter, no one cares if they have a few aspects of physics off, its all make believe man. What matters is if the "game" is fun to play or not. People are simply tired of individuals like yourself who come along every few months and QQ about how these flight mechanics don't play to your liking, whats worse is you try to hide it behind nit picking at the physics and plausibility of how these aircraft operates. So no, you wont get much constructive arguments as your telling the imagination to be more realistic, go play a flight sim if you want proper flight mechanics, what we have here is unique and challenging scfi shooter that many enjoy as is. I would encourage you to drop the crusade for reality and accept the fiction aspect of this game.
    • Up x 1
  5. MarkAntony

That's because if you move past WW2 everything becomes controlled by aimbots. radar guided AA, firing computers for tanks and artillery etc which is great for soldiers but not for gameplay.
  6. Kristan

I see now. Only for personal attacks. Great. Since you do nothing but wasting both my and your time, I'm going to put you in my ignore list. Baaai!
  7. Ulas

this is completely wrong. Warthunder is a game suited for realistic as what u like to call it "" combat. Planetside isn't. Yeah remove hover because Kristan "wants it" but no dedicated pilot will fly then.
  8. Kristan

Listen, I'm not here to make game worse. Otherwise I'm trying to make this game more entertaining and fun for everyone. Maybe it gonna lose some uniqueness, but if that uniqueness is actually a poor mechanic, I think it's worth sacrificing. I told already how this game going to be better because of those changes, but no one said how this game going to be worse because of those changes. Well, some brought in some mythic "skill" part, but that's BS to be honest. I brought real physics only to dub my point.
  9. Kristan

I don't ask to remove hover. Gooosh!
  10. Ulas

you basicly want a helicopter frame and a jet fighter frame. And I say it won't work with planetside. Not because we don't like it. It would take too much effort.
  11. Czarinov

I described shortly but thoroughly what airgame is about (and skill components). No, my opinion is not "he get rekt". I don't care about your skill level.

Ignorance is bliss.

Personal preference might differ of course.
  12. Xiad

Can we all stop feeding the troll, please? That's a clinically unfeasable amount of stupid to fit in one person's head that isn't in there deliberately. We have had our fun. This has galvanised us against those who would water down Planetside's uniquity and that much is enough.
    /thread
    • Up x 1
  13. Ulas

I haven't seen u online lately where have u been?? OH wait I haven't logged in a week lol^^ Finals emerged This was for cezinov oops sorry
  14. Kristan

How is that "knowledge" and "experience", but not just an "opinion"? I mean we all base our opinions on knowledge an experience. But I pointed out, that at everything you described, only one tiny part is actually about hovering. Hence hovering is not important.
  15. SNAFUS

Ins't that a bit egotistical to think your idea is going to make the game better? In all honesty there are some major issues with the plan you want. First and foremost the ability to hover and evade on ground targets is essential for a few big reasons. One being the game is horrible at rendering ground targets, you trying to force pilots to do strafing runs is not always possible as pilots may have to dwell for some time at very close range for infantry to even begin to render. Not to mention you will have to re balance ESF weaponry for a higher TTK due to the reduction of our window to engage ground targets. All in all you want massive change because you have preconceived notions of what flying should be.

In regards to hover dueling, you seem to feel traditional 60 year old dog fighting tactics are superior. Why, why is that better than having the ability to turn on an opponent and face him. Why should ESF be completely reworked to fit in a stagnant and quite frankly boring style of aerial combat, because you say its better? There is no amount of terrain in this game to offer reprieve from having a good ESF pilot on your tail, hovering is advantageous to defensive play while getting jumped, you take that away and everyone that gets someone on their tail simply loses, that isn't better in any way shape or form.

I'm going to go out and say you probably have very limited experience in actually flying in this game, instead of actually embracing the massive depth involved in flying effectively in PS2 you want something more familiar, because of personal bias. I'd advise you to stop trying to change PS2 as you are far from the first person to bark up this tree on the matter, and they have all been soundly ignored. Feel free to offer ideas that are actually plausible to take place, like balance changes or weapon mechanics, but don't waste energy trying to transform everything that makes PS2 unique into the boring construct that every other flight game plays as.
    • Up x 1
  16. Ulas

Looking at the programming and resource side of things :
    IT wouldnt happen! Why yea u can change a couple of values to make it up to your likings but it would just end up who turns the mouse faster wins. To make this barely usable you would need an overhaul which isn't going to happen tbh.
    Looking at the Physiological part of things:
    You could have downloaded battlefield and warthunder and started flying there.
    You are saying hover fights take no skill but battlefield style turning around while controlling speed takes a lot of skill. To me both are equally fun.
    Pls explain what skill means to you in a general meaningful manner.
    Also I am trying to find clips of it we used to have helicopter hover fights in battlefield with my friends. They were pretty fun.
  17. Czarinov

Lazy and ignorant.
  18. Ulas

I wouldn't go as far as calling other flight mechanics boring it's one step too far. But indeed planetside doesn't need these changes.
    • Up x 1
  19. Czarinov

Mate, he's not worth it. He's playing dumb.

We've done enough charity for one useless person.
  20. Ulas

but he's ignoring me :/ He broke my heart. Now read all about it from emeli Sande plays in my head:D