[Vehicle] ESF hover mechanic. How it should actually work.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kristan, May 25, 2015.

1. Czarinov

1. There are other games that have this already,
    2. PS2 has something unique... why make everything the same...?

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, right? But not all opinions are the same. Let me explain.

My opinion is based on:
    a) experience,
    b) knowledge.

Your opinion is based on:
    a) ....?,
    b) I don't like it,
    c) potato,
    d) a color of piss you took this morning.

Another analogy (extreme, but perfectly to point):

A little boy, his name shall stay uncovered, comes to junior school. First class. He's having a math class. A teachers teaches him: "dear boy, 1 + 1 equals 2". But boy says: "no, that's fu cking bull s hit, teacher, 1 + 1 is -pi*e^(2.5)". Teacher, baffled by boy's reactions asks why he thinks tho... Boy waits and answers: "POTATO, I pissed red today (probably some health problems)".

Do you see where I'm going with this? There is a difference between a quality opinion and a dull, dumb one.

Though you have a chance to prove it, go and dogfight. You should kill easily anyone. Don't forget to record it on a video.

He will never do it, though. We both know it :)

All his arguments are empty. I am of course done wasting my time with him, since I finalized my point with this last reply

Mate, this thread is really not about it.
    • Up x 1
  2. Teshrrar

Yeah, hover fight is super fun..................right.........

Lets see the Steam chart, considering both games have the own client off Steam:

Name
    Current Players
    30-Day Avg.
    30-Day Gain
    30-Day % Gain

-4.39%
    +1,585.5
    +13.69%

Hmmm, PS2 is doing very well.

Let's see if you can understand what I mean.
    • Up x 2
  3. Xiad

Do I need to point out that Planetside 2 in general (which is what your stats relate to) has been on a steady decline for a long period of time? The numbers are unsurprising.
    It's quite clear that nothing else needs to be said on the subject, for all the good it will do our estranged OP, Kristan. It's been fun, regardless. Well met.
  4. XanIves

Nice to meet a fellow KSPer here, of all places :p
  5. Yessme

I can say, the Host of that thread, are just a bad Player, and going angry vs some ESF pilots.
    And i Thing i know why, he just Play so dump, that the same ESF Pilot farm him 10 times in a row.
    Now he come here in that Lobby, and make hate threads vs ESF, because he suck with it and get angry vs People who just are better then him.

Now i post my own, for explain, that the Hoovermechaniks, are an 100 Years old idea.
    The moves of the ESF in PS2 are the same moves like an Tiger Heli do it in real 2015.

And if u are vs the Hoovermechnaiks, so u have to remove the Hoover on that MAg too, becaus he Hoover too and no Tank in real do it.
    But u ignore the MAG, and the Hooverphysiks on him, and just talk vs the ESF, that let me know, u don`t like PS2 and u don`t wanna Play it Long time.
    I don`t know what is wrong with u, u try to go in fights with a lierjet vs an Helicopter in Close battel, and than u loos, coz of sucking.
    I really don`t like guys like u, u make Hatethreads only for ur reason, and with no idea.
    Dit u know what u wanna help`? Skill or Chance Game, but guys like u, never will have Skill, and allways Cry.

So i have to say, leav that game and Play BF, there is the flight Physik what u search and want.
    and if u din`t do it for me, so pleas do it for PS2 and all the Gamer here. We don`t Need guys like this in that game
  6. Mr Ixolate

Coming soon, shotguns taped to rockets....
    • Up x 1
  7. Darkghostppl

Ps2 flying mechanics were never intended to be realistic and that's what makes it so unique and fun. Don't like how flying works in this game?? do us a favor, go play War Thunder and stop getting rekt m8.
  8. XanIves

It's called the Reaver's Mustang. :p
    • Up x 3
  9. Kristan

Do me a favor. Grow up.
  10. Kristan

"We have a turd flight mechanic, but it's our unique turd, so we keep it."

Brilliant. Do you have any other valid reasons why we shouldn't switch to classic dogfighting?
    To be honest, your opinion is somewhat the same. "Oooh, he get rekt much! That's why he be hatin'! L2p n00b!"

You didn't bring any kind of "experience" or "knowledge".
  11. Kristan

There is fifth page of this thread, but I still had no valid reason why this game mechanic shouldn't be implemented. All I've got is "Go play other games!", "U suk m8", "Get rekt m8" and "Imma xXxPROMLGPILOT420NOOPTICxXx so get lost m8".

*sigh* :rolleyes:
  12. FateJH

That's not how giving suggestions work. (Especially not on this jaded board.)

Since we've come back to this point, however, are you talking about a co-existing system of "classic dogfighting?" or a complete replacement of the current one?
  13. SNAFUS

It's a scfi shooter, get off this nonsense of trying to use modern day constraints to bring a play style into your liking. I mean honestly if you want to be picky how about you go after the multitude of other **** that happens in this game that should be impossible. The truth is you either lack the ability or patience to learn a different flight model to what your used to, and instead of accepting it as it is you want it changed because your inability to adapt to a different game. The rest of us will enjoy our under water space helicopters while you continue to beat a very dead horse.
  14. Yessme

So my question, why u not just leav that game?, and we just don`t implemented, so all here happy XD
    U have ur fly phys with War thunder
    And we don`t have u

it`s a winn winn Situation or not?

don`t listen to him, he only talk about ESF phys, but ignore that the MAG have HPys, too.
    He talk about WW2 and don`t talk about that VS Play with plasm, MAG have Hoover, LA have jump pack, HA have shield....

He just an angry guy, wo get too much bashed by a ESF Pilot.... and he angry, coz he know he still suck
  15. Kristan

why are you desperately want me to leave? did I hurt your feelings this much? you poor thing. :oops:

That thing I'm trying to bring is not "classic dogfighting" only. It affects A2G too. I mean there still be the same way as ESFs fly right now, but it would be just hard to aim while hovering.

Yes it's sci-fi shooter with WWII mechanics. Which is already a one huge nonsense.

PS Why in the world I've got actual answer to my topic at the neighbor thread, but here only a bunch of haters who bring nothing constructive to discussion? Perhaps I've hurt too many people by my suggestion. Poor things.
  16. LazyAsian

No one cares. :eek:

And quoting your original post,
    You want my opinion? Get off this toxic board, because you're one of those toxic people.
  17. Kristan

Aww, thank you. :D
  18. LazyAsian

np bby, call me
  19. Yessme

1st learn reading, thats are just a question, and is a fact, that we all have a winn winn Situation, if u gonna leav that game.
    U not only suck in that game, u suck here in that Forum too! How is ur Feeling if u hole time suck?, plz tell me :/
    And learn to understand what is a question and what not, don`t suck hole time plz
  20. LazyAsian

Damn dude, he got you.