Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Nhilys

Stupidity isn't a bannable offense.
    • Up x 1
  2. MykeMichail

The only thing I think that needs to be changed about the Magrider is its projectile speed, which I feel is too low. I think it should be brought in line with the Prowlers projectile speed for a given type.

Shooting Magrider's PC is like shooting a Viper.
    • Up x 1
  3. BeefJerky

Then do you want to take on my challenge?

I will restate the Rules :
    1. Must be 1 on 1 with no infantry or air or other tank interference
    2. Must be against another player that is a higher or equal BR (to your MAIN account)
    3. Must be against 5 Different enemy tanks and win (NOT IN A ROW)
    4. must be in close proximity (within 0 - 50m ) (meh...100m is good too)

Awards: 1000 certs :)

If you actually believe in what you say, then please prove me wrong
  4. Nhilys

It'd probably be easier to set up a competition on the test server, especially if you're expecting no interference.
  5. Dracosh

I have a bad news for you...
  6. BeefJerky

Is this thread not in Ideas and Suggestions?
    [IMG]
  7. Dracosh

I thought Phrygen talking about THIS thread.
  8. BeefJerky

Umm..if you read back One more post, we were talking about my Other thread.
  9. S0LAR15

Even if you could justify the damage being gimped. What possible reason is there for the elevation angle being lower? Or the Velocity being slower and the drop greater? And then there's Mag cannons arcing from a low camera, meaning you don't just judge linear drop, but the drop after the shot arcs up first.

Add in that tanks can strafe just as fast, if not faster with their own rival chassis, and the mag doesn't have a strafe/dodging/hiding advantage at range. It certainly doesn't up close due to the velocities involved, and the lack of acceleration when changing direction with the mag. So up close, you're just waiting to die or trying to escape with your rear armour on show, so your either just doing as much as you can so that when you get out if one of you is HA you can finish the other MBT with a decimator. Or you're fleeing to another range where you're still boned.
  10. BeefJerky

There is no reason. Higgles just wants his laughs
  11. BeefJerky

All you need is an AP main cannon. And some certs in rival
  12. Van Dax

lol we need to all get together on the test server and have an uninterupted tank brawl.
  13. LivesInNameOnly

most op mbt in the game needs a buff? now ive seen everything
  14. Chowley

So youre asking for god mode?
  15. Mindjacker

This has to be a joke right ? this is complete rubbish the mag has everything ready to go for an MBT what it is not is overpowered and i guess we know what that means if its a vs vehicle. IF the mag gets a buff then its complete bs.
    One more example of the vs "we need to have strongest, fastest, most manouvarable AND most accurate" to use it philosophy and if its not then we need to come to the forum and cry.

No they do not think that at all please DO NOT presume to speak for 99% of the NC or TR

Magriders are BY FAR the hardest thing to hit in ps with a vannie and the only people who say otherwise are the vs. Magburn has robbed me so many times of a kill when i have the jump and actually manage to get close enough to try and destroy a magrider.
  16. Bruiserdog

These days would rather drive a skyguard lightening then a Mag. Get more out of it, and its funner, Mag is now an over expensive Harasser bait.
  17. Primarkka

Wow, Mags should play like the I with my Prowler.
    Get Saron and AP and decimate all that lives.
    It really is not that hard.
  18. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Tanks mines dont work worth a **** on magrider !! I had one go right over the top of 2 tank mines didnt even set them off !!
  19. Mindjacker

This has to be a joke right ? this is complete rubbish the mag has everything ready to go for an MBT, what it is not is overpowered and i guess we know what that means if its a vs vehicle. IF the mag gets a buff then its complete bs.
    One more example of the vs "we need to have strongest, fastest, most manouvarable AND most accurate" to use it philosophy and if its not then we need to come to the forum and cry. There are 3 general ranges (close, medium and long) with tanks in ps2 and because yours is not dominant at ALL ranges you think it needs a buff ????? Jebus, this is where having whatever buffs to your faction you can think of every update gets your thinking to i suppose.

No they DO NOT think OR say that at all DO NOT presume to think for 99% of the other 2 factions this is complete bs.

The mag is BY FAR the hardest thing to hit in planetside bar none and the only people who deny this are the vs that need yet another buff instead of learning to play. Magburn has robbed me many many time of what would have been a definite kill when i have managed to get the jump on them they burn off and come back full repaired and can do it TWICE as often as my shield, hmmm, already have better ability and want more ???????????

And as for the peopple that say wswswsws is strafing. loooooool. you need to think which way it is going t go ? check where front and rear are and you have the direction of movement UNLIKE the mag which can strafe in ANY direction at ANY time and also present BY FAR THE SMALLEST SILHOUETTE for the attacked to hit. But i suppose you will say thats no advantage like having a MASSIVE accuracy advantage as well over both tanks, and infantry with all guns.

THW ONLY THING SONY DO NOT GIVE THE vs FOR FREE IS A COMPETANT DRIVER/GUNNER abd that is all the magrider needs to compete on better than equal terms
  20. Stride

Mags are designed for flanking and hit and run tactics. If people can't play a mag properly and try to go toe to toe in every situation then they are going to be disappointed.

Magriders require more strategy and planning than other MBTs but their speed, maneuverability, and terrain navigation is nothing to scoff at.

I personally suggest that once players are experienced using their Magriders that they stop using side armor and switch to one point of vehicle stealth (more than one point is useless). This improves flanking tactics greatly.
    • Up x 1