[Emerald] Why does SSGO, DA and AC tk so much?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ajma, Nov 16, 2014.

1. ajma

When someone knifes you three times out of the blue, C4s you while you are the only one defending a point or just decides to shoot you in the face while you are reloading, you know it was not an accident. The worst part is that even if you report the players, nothing will happen. Having them not answer when you politely ask why did they do it is also very off putting.
  2. SpruceMoose

ram a galaxy up their *****

you'll feel better I swear
    • Up x 8
  3. Yuukikun

Funny you say that, I'm in both DA and AC and i have less than 1% average TK rate on all my characters combined with an extreme peak of 1,1% on my VS because i tried to pull a magrider a few times.

http://planetside.tk/#YuukikunVS
    http://planetside.tk/#YuukikunsNC
    http://planetside.tk/#YuukikunsTR
    http://planetside.tk/#Yuukikun

http://planetside.tk/#[AC]

http://planetside.tk/#[DA]

But yeah we do TK too much. After all we're rocking a big 1/4th of the average TK rate :rolleyes: (not to mention that a noticeable part of those are tk of our own outfit mates for lolzies)

Please show us your character's tk rate see if yours is not higher than ours?
    • Up x 5
  4. Linedan

SSGO (from what I've seen opposing them) tends to run in large groups so I imagine there's a higher chance of TK by sheer numbers. I wouldn't think DA and AC would TK very much given the average skill level in those two squads. But I've never run with them. They certainly shoot me enough...but I'm not VS.

BTW my TK rate is almost 8% out of my last 800 kills. Yikes, that's worse than I thought, I've got to lay off the trigger. And I've been TK'd 5.3% of my last 950 kills.
  5. ajma

It's probably higher, but that's because 1. I'm a magrider pilot and 2. I accept I accidentally tk people, but I also apologize and spam call for a medic. Right now I am talking about intentional tks that come for no rason. During the last alert on Hossin, one person from DA and another from SSGO teamkilled me in situations that left no room for a different interpretation.

The person from DA, whom I will obviously not name, was standing on a staircase covering an entrance with other people while I was standing against a wall some 4 meters from that entrance, looking at the staircase. I saw him stop shooting at the enemy, turn in my direction and kill me with his Flare. I sent him a tell with four question marks, but he did not reply.

Edit: You can PM me if you want my killboard. I really would like to know why some people from your outfits are doing this.
  6. ajma

I'm talking about those times when you are in a completely safe environment and get teamkilled for no reason. As in, you are crouched reloading your gun, then some VS walks up to you and knifes you or shoots you. I seriously have no explanation to this behavior.
  7. Yuukikun

And i guess that one TK, which is probably due to an infiltrator that you missed or something like that (because i'd rather myself get tk'd if it meant not letting any infil sneaking in a point/held building/room), was enough to make you write a whole thread about how DA AC and another outfit that i don't even know ''TK so much''.

To me it looks like you're just failing at trying to dirty some outfits that you don't like's names.
  8. Konstantinn

Kids will be kids. They were having fun. Unfortunately at your expense. This is a game after all.

It happens from time to time.
    • Up x 1
  9. ajma

No, I can recognize cloaked infiltrators and there was none, and even if there was, he would have been following the infil moving, which did not happen. Also, I have generally had a positive image of DA. What's more, it is not the first time someone from DA teamkills me like this, although it's way more often done by people from SSGO.
  10. Klypto

Holy Crap. How?
  11. Linedan

Poor trigger discipline on my part, getting in situations where friendlies run in front of my shots (i.e., shots I probably shouldn't be taking because they're high-risk). I'm sure more than a few were startle "oh crap" reactions when somebody ran around a corner and I shot them thinking they were a bad guy. I don't intentionally TK. I'm just bad sometimes, and probably should just shoot less.
  12. NanoBitSplit

They probably think you're going to steal their Pr0rion kills.

/shrug
    • Up x 2
  13. Noif

My TK rate is like 9,65% of 974 kills. :D Well... I play a lot on tanks and heavy infantry with launcher, so not surprised that people sacrifice themself and jump into my fire line or they run into my tank that I don't take attention in busy battlefield.
  14. LibertyRevolution

SSGO in the same thread as DA/AC..
    I just don't see DA/AC running around intentionally Tk'ing people.. SSGO, yes those guy may TK you..

LibertyRevolution has been Tk'ed WAY to many times by the NC...
    [IMG]
  15. uhlan

Think of PS2 like High-School.

Remember the cliques in school?

Well, this is not much different. Especially when there are more than one or two perpetrators of the same outfit involved.

Just the other day while fighting a prolonged fight at a base, a mixed group of us had finally gotten some coordination together and we were holding our own. We had suffered through a serious zerg period and finally made some headway and chased off the assault.

The enemy started to make a counter-attack and we saw some sundies moving our way so we decided to grab some armor at the spawn and we piled up a bit waiting our turn.

Some members of a particular outfit who had dropped in toward the end of the previous fight saw the pile of us at the terminal and decided it would be "funny" to C4 the lot of us. Taking screenshots all the while.

After the long fight, after getting zerged and re-zerged for 45 minutes or more, these turds decided to have a little fun at their teammates expence.

Sure, it's just a game, but the frustration level is very high as it is. To finally taste a little victory to have these idiots do something like that is just ridiculous.

Most of the time these folks are the "ubers" in the game. Jaded, "high skill" players who simply don't care that anyone else is playing the game. The person setting off the c4 was a BR 80+ and I imagine his compatriot was similarly leveled.

If it's members of your own outfit, fine, but taking down others because you simply don't care that there is another person trying to have fun in the game is a bit beyond the pale.

Frustration is no excuse either. If you don't like what someone is doing, offer to lead, offer a plan.

There are ways for SOE to thwart these folks, but the resources either aren't there or they have other things to worry about.

Much of the reason people do this though is because there isn't anything else to do many times. These folks are jaded and bored. There is no urgency to helping comrades. The entire culture of PS2 is centered around self-aggrandizement and ego.

It is no small wonder, then, that the game has devolved into something like this.
    • Up x 2
  16. gigastar

Why is this here instead of the Emerald subreddit?
    • Up x 2
  17. Degenatron

Just TK them right back.

Because they're a bunch of try-hards that fret over their KDR all of the time, I can assure you that the last thing they want is to have to worry about a friendly walking up and pump shotgunning them in the back at random.
    • Up x 1
  18. z1967

We really do need seperate subforums for different servers :|
    • Up x 2
  19. Boildown

The OP is talking about intentional TKs rather than accidental and unintentional TKs that sometimes happen in combat situations.
    • Up x 1
  20. Flapatax

Had you done anything egregious to a different DA player and not apologized? Are you misremembering the event? Were you putting rounds in his back or dealing explosive splash carelessly? Throwing smoke grenades?
    • Up x 4