[Suggestion] Either reduce the strikers damage or make it an Ns weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 15, 2013.

1. GhostAvatar

Can't we just get a mod to lock these threads and direct the people to a single one on the matter. It is starting to get tiresome.
  2. The King

Flight ceiling is working great.
    Instead of giving you the raw altitude from the bottom, even when it's below the terrain, to the top to make the ceiling to 1000m.They made it calculate the distance from the ground/terrain to where you are.
    So if you're on a mountain and it may say 500m. Once you fly by it, it'll increase the distance from you to the ground.

I've tried the annihilator and I think it sucks big time. It hits the target like the striker, but it takes longer to lock on and it does weak damage. I hit an ESF 2 hits and they got away... My score per hour is TINY using that.
    The striker is far superior to it.
    If anything, I wouldn't buy the annihilator, I'd just use the rocket launcher that you need at the time. Just like I do with the Lancer and Nemesis. The Nemesis locks on extremely fast and does more damage than the annihilator. That's the one I'd use to deny air space...Now for the ground, I'd use the lancer, it's far superior to anything on attacking the ground at a distance of 100m+ where dumbfire would miss moving targets very easy....

The Phoenix will work great on targets in the 10-250m range... but after that, they kinda need to use the annihilator to hit ground targets. The ground lock ons will miss. So if anything, the NC is the only one to complain... Not for air, since the phoenix is great against liberator pilots trying to farm, lol and that, they can use their air lock ons too. It's mostly against ground, where the lancer is the best anti ground, then comes the striker... Which does not miss.

As a ground driver, the lancer is just the most annoying crap I've ever faced.
    As a flyer, the strikers are.
    As a lib pilot hovering low, the phoenix are.. and well, when I am behind cover, they are also annoying as hell.So all 3 are able to be annoying.
    If anything, I wouldn't mind if the strikers actually miss their target... Make the annihilators have that special lock on...
    May
    be make the last 3 striker rockets to act like the annihilator rockets or the last 2... So it doesn't be completely useless...but make it where people can actually live. Make it where you are not required to have smoke just to live.... allowing variety.

but what about the lancers? There's no stopping them, and they can instagib any ground and most liberators and galaxies..
    IMO, something has to give... Since it is the highest scoring ES rocket launcher.
    average for all who uses it, the Lancer is around 80score/min the strikers are around 60, and the phoenix is around 45..
  3. Kaserai

In all honesty, I only mentioned making it NS because I thought that there should at least be two options to fixing the problem - but still - a nerf would be nice. The stryker is ridiculously OP as it is. Lock on range needs to be reduced by 200 meters, and the damage should be ATLEAST reduced by 30%
  4. Jube

Well ok.....
    Since you want to steal our ESRL what would we get in return? Access your ESRL?
    I'd personally love to have access to the Phoenix and the Lancer, so yea I'll make that trade off.

Nerf it you say? How about fix it instead? Make it fly-by-wire like we've been begging for from the beginning .
    • Up x 1
  5. SpartanZero

There's really only a few issues with this weapon.
    • 1. IR Smoke.
      • Does not break this lock on, possibly the same for all lock ons, dunno, I've only noticed the Strikers still slamming the vehicle after popping smoke an moving out of the way. So I don't eat the rockets that are now in dumb fire flight.
    • 2. Lock ON speed.
      • Too quick for the given fact that one lock works to semi fire all 5 missiles. The lock on timer should operate in a similar fashion to how the Lancer charges up for a 3x heavy shot.
    • 3. RANGE.
      • It may share the same range calibrations for other guided missile systems an I think that this where it's truly a broken balance. While it may not seem such for a single user, this weapon system employed in groups fielding such systems makes it an unbalanced armor/air denial system without equivalent. A squad of heavies with Strikers (or more) places 5 missiles per user per target at the same equivalent ranges that either rival faction can offer. NC an VS can put up 1 or possibly 3 shots (Phoenix/Lancers + other RLs) per user in the field at same ranges.
      • Reduce the range of Strikers by 100-150m. This fits with the TR concept of High ROF close range weaponry. Currently this gives them an upreccedented High ROF armor+air denial system.
        • Many TR may complain in this regard.. but who wouldn't given an OP weapon.. they all did the same to NC an VS when the nerf hammers took their OP toys down. Currently why would any TR opt for the other ES lock on AT weapons or even the NS equivalents, aside from the obvious more dmg per shot and the dumbfire RLs? 5 round magazine semi-auto fire single lock in group format with same ranges.. hello clear skies/ground.
        • oh noes, range reduction would mean they couldn't lock on high altitude fliers, hmm skyguard or other options.. combined arms whats that? teamwork!
  6. SpartanZero

• Basically keep the damage, or increase damage slightly if altering one or more of the below suggestions. Yet keep the damage lower than all other RLs.
    • Reduce maximum lock on range by 100-150m so it is shorter range
    • Either
      • Add an indicator timer for each missile chambered to lock with a reduced lock on time from 3s to 2s per missile.
      • OR increase lock on timer significantly from 3s to 6s with semi-auto trigger release per missile
  7. AngryPlayer

You'er right... You only have to worry about losing 1 rocket when an ESF pops his flares. With the Striker, you can lose up to 5... 1/3 of your total ammo.

Yeah, 2500 if all 5 rockets hit. Get some flares or stop trying to sit there and hover while your ****** gunner can't take out infantry fast enough.
  8. daniel696

For all of you that cry every time about the Stryker, have you heard about flares ? Do you know why it is in the game ? Do you know what it does ?

For all that say sh*t about stryker, just one word... Flares.
  9. daniel696

Let's begin a campaign TR, every time a Zerg says something about Stryker, we TR say, JUST SAY ONE WORD... the word

Flares.
  10. Greenies

Well you can nerf the striker, even make it NS.
    Just give us a decent alternative to it : With dumb fire and something to rival the other ESRL.
  11. Silkensmooth

I love this. Just stay away. Don't try to go where there is any sort of a fight, because you will be locked on and forced to run away until your flares are back. And then guess what, you can't go to the fight because you know you will have 5 secs to leave as soon as you render. You wont get to attack anything in that 5 secs, cause you will be afterburning for cover.

So yep, just get in your airplane that has thousands of certs into it. And THEN? Then you fly all over the map being the most mobile unit in the game, and do your absolute best to avoid anywhere there is fighting.

As soon as you render, every unit in the game will be shooting at you with their tank secondary guns, their stupid skyguards or their unhackable turrets. Sunderers have flak now too. Of course there are the Vulcans which if you get anywhere near the ground will shoot you down before you even realize you are taking damage. And those are just the things you can actually see, although thats hard because they all have camo and can hide inside buildings or under trees and still shoot at you.

When i played infantry exclusively, i wanted lol podders to be less effective, but i never thought that infantry should roll around sniping airplanes with impunity.

Now imagine if snipers got lock on rifles. Everywhere the little infantry went, they would get locked on by some invisible sniper and even when they ran inside a building and hid, the bullet would find them. Now also imagine that the snipers had scopes that made everything 10x bigger, so as soon as you were within render range they would see you. On top of that, lets make infantry footsteps about 50 times louder, so you can hear them coming.

Thats basically what it is to fly an ESF.

Either you zerg it up so hard that all you end up doing is playing whack-a-mole with 30 other pilots, or you go fly somewhere to intercept other pilots who are also having absolutely no effect on any battle that isnt already won.

Yeah strikers are stupid and ignorant, but just wait for the coyote missiles! Tested them last night on PTS. You will wish for the days of Strikers when coyote missiles come out.
  12. gypsy

Anybody here remember when the striker was the pride and joy of the TR in PS1? It got nerfed and became useless
  13. DxAdder

Please stop with all these striker threads...

It's not that good, I have all there ESRL and while it may be the best vs Air, it's nothing special against vehicles.

Flare/Smoke defeat the RL just like all the rest of the lock on launchers and Yes the terrain clipping needs to fixed.
  14. Phyr

Lets just rebuff the Annihilator to useful levels of damage like the good old days.
  15. Slyguy65

Stiker...damage nerf AHAAAA.

Dis guy.
  16. Silkensmooth

People act like we hate strikers because we die to them all the time. Thats not the case. Yeah we use FLARES, but all they allow us to do is escape, provided we arent already engaged, or mistakenly used our flares thinking it was the esf we saw coming. If you are fighting an ESF and someone locks onto you, you are going to die.

Oh thats teamwork. You died to teamwork noob.

It's not teamwork. It's some invisible guy on the ground who is at zero risk using an absolutely skilless weapon to grief other players.

I mainly play an infiltrator when im on foot, and if you check my post history, you will see that i advocated nerfing bouncing bettys. I think they should be nerfed further. I also think rocket pods should only explode when hitting a metal object (vehicle). I think that a hovering ESF should be so loud no one could ever miss it. It is stupid to have a massive vehicle floating in the air silently. The engines should be working much harder to hold a hover than they do for forward flight where the wings would be helping with lift.

I have seen what nerfing anti air can do. Since bursters got nerfed i again see clouds of planes, (mostly mosquitos who dont have to contend with strikers) hovering over bases podding everything in sight. That is going to be so much worse if they nerf lock-ons, and that is something i dont want to see.

It has been said before, but ill say it again. And i used to feel differently about this, but ESF shouldnt have rockets that kill infantry with such ease. Nor should tanks be one shotting anything that moves.

Ok so we have a problem. Lock-ons. Yes the striker is the wors of these, but the others are nearly just as bad. Bad because skilless weapons have no place in a competative game. They are the opposite of competative.

So why are lock-ons in the game? Or what is the root of the problem? Overpowered vehicles are the problem. So rather than detune vehicle damage, (cause no one likes a nerf), they introduce these lock-ons, (and make a boatload of money off them) which are universally derided, even oftentimes by the users themselves.

Lock-ons are cheese. Vehicles one shotting infantry is cheese. You get where im going with this? Get rid of the cheese.