[Suggestion] Either reduce the strikers damage or make it an Ns weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 15, 2013.

1. gigastar

The drinking urine part is just over-emphasised, if people actually read the contract they would realise its not actually required.
  2. Yetskii

You do not need to tell me how to fly a liberator...lol.

You are tying to lie here first off....When you go high, already fired shots do not lose track...try telling that to nubs please

Anyways, the only places on Indar that this actually works is in the north, where we actually have a way to fly over 500 meters. Even in places where I can get to 550 meters reliably near the Crown/Crossroads/Regent Rock or Crimson Bluff/Palisades (you know, where the heaviest battles usually take place on Indar), I still get locked on due to people just standing on the top of a tower. Lets not even talk about being bounced off the ceiling down to striker range.

Quit defending your OP easy mode sky clearing weapon please, thanks
  3. jamahl khaled

I did ..I play as NC and VS too ...they never kill me with one magazine ..you have flares and if they are on cool down ..then you run and repair if hit. Unless they are a lot which would be my fault that I got in without my flares
  4. Yetskii

Did I ever say you get killed with one magazine?
  5. Selerox

Make it an NS weapon? Are you ******** insane?!

It's an OP nightmare as it is, and you want to proliferate it? How about change it rather than spreading the sky-clearing rocket spamming nightmare?

I don't necessarily mean nerfing it into the ground. Just changing it so it isn't quite as broken. It cannot be a lock-on weapon until the lock-on mechanic is fixed, so it'll need to be turned into something different.

Keep it cool, keep it useful, but using a non-broken mechanic.
  6. Vixxing

Indeed you often get locked on even at flight ceiling with liberator due to mountains, towers etc... VS and NC Lib pilots avoid TR air-space... Now clearly that is a problem (annihilator yeah 1200 damage, worse lock on and range, Striker 2500 damage better lock on and range!) Its beyond me how a lock-on launcher can do more damage than ANY dumbfire launcher, considering all other lock-ons do LESS damage because no skill is needed...
  7. jamahl khaled

if they are on a tower then that's another thing of course. But I meant in general when they ascend to high altitude while moving away, I can't lock on anymore. But then again that might be due to my rendering. Was just a thought sorry if I sounded offending.
  8. Tommyp2006

because they had to do SOMETHING to make it viable over the other lock on launchers as an ESRL, otherwise there would have been no reason to buy it. If it had the same damage as the other lock on launchers, there would have been literally no reason to buy it. Maybe liberators need some form of advanced flares? Something that can either be used more often or lasts longer.

So please forumside, instead of just calling for a flat nerf into uselessness all the time, try to come up with a new ESRL for the TR that is both viable and not unfair to the other team.
  9. Vixxing

How about reducing damage to 2000? its still better than any other lockon + it do better damage to both air or armor than any of the dedicated launcher... (or make it totally dumbfire and increase projectile speed to 600m/s ) Dumbfire that do 500 damage more than decimator with 5 shots and fast projectile speed...
  10. Tommyp2006

2000 would be alright. I could live with that, but I'd hate to see it do anything less than that as it would make it less useful than the other launchers, taking into consideration that not every rocket already hits. This is really the most difficult part to balance around. I'd also be curious as to what that would do to it's sustained dps compared to the other launchers.

Maybe a different change would be to change the rocket pathing to make them more maneuverable and easier to dodge? Even I would say right now that striker rockets maneuver way too well.
  11. Pat Cleburne

How about we make the ZOE max NS while we are at it? Can we can we can we, please?
    The VS tears would be insane.

Oh, and for the lib gunner posting above, you do know the striker has a 500 meter lock on range right? So how about flying at say 520 meters instead of hovering barely over the ground?
  12. Yetskii

You try doing that anywhere in the southern region of Indar, tell me how you do....

People who do not fly, should not tell people who do fly all the time, how to fly
  13. deggy

There's an easy way to test this now, though, with the new altimeter.

To those who say "Just fly out of locking range!" try ascending past 500m on your altimeter in various areas. You'll bounce off the ceiling.
    Take ZOE, I'm sick of hearing about it. Enjoy dying twice as fast as normal.

You realize that the continents aren't usually more than 5 km on a side?

So your locking range of 500m, at any given moment, covers... 3%ish of the continent you're on.

With ideal placement, a platoon of Striker users could make an entire continent a no-fly zone.

In the immortal words of Jubil Early, "Does that seem right to you?"
  14. Vixxing

Do you know what terrain is? Like hills towers and such? on 1-2 places on Indar you can actually go 500m above ground... (so on 95% of indar your noobtube target)
    • Up x 1
  15. Yetskii

Obviously he is a striker user who never flies
    • Up x 1
  16. Metallic123

A SHOULDER MOUNTED VULCAN!
    • Up x 2
  17. Pat Cleburne

I fly all the time actuall, just rarely in a liberator. Never liked them much.

That said, most liberator pilots fly too low and pay for it. I know why they do it. Because of rendering issues for one, and because most have thermals on their secondaries.

And yes I realize that some areas have places where people can still gain locks like south indar canyons and towers etc.

As far as the flight ceiling. I don't know wtf that is about. I thought it was only affecting ESFs but I notice that sometimes 500 is my limit and sometimes I can fly to 7-800 meters.

They need to get that worked out.
  18. Yetskii

Considering on Southern Indar, even moreso in the southwest, there are very few places you can even fly above 500 meters....and you say you fly all the time :rolleyes:
  19. Vixxing

Ye obviously...
  20. MilitiaMan