[Suggestion] Either reduce the strikers damage or make it an Ns weapon

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaserai, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Kaserai

As many of my fellow Vanu and NC pilots can agree, the TR Stryker is the bane of our existence. How I woe the moment when flying of red territory and I have the dreaded "lock" signal with no flares. It really brings a guys moral down!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not whining that I die to much and want the styker removed so I can lolpod freely. (We can all dream can't we?). However, I do think there is a MASSIVE disadvantage for blue and purple people who don't have the amazing Stryker.

Pros to not having Stryker:

You get actual skill at using a rocket launcher.

Cons to not having Stryker:

TR air zergs. I believe that this is the reason why TR dominates the sky's. The wonderfully skilled mossy pilots (and I mean that as a compliment - I still enjoy good dog fights with the experienced TR pilots) don't have to deal with the accuracy and raw damage output of the Stryker! Unlike all other factions.

Personally, I think this could be fixed by either makin the Stryker a Ns weapon (replacing the annil) or the Stryker be nerfed. May vanu smile upon you -

Kaserai
  2. Madcat9

Does that mean TR Heavies get the SUPER striker that is an upgraded version of the striker? As a trade-off for the striker going NS of course.
    • Up x 1
  3. axiom537

Oh the forums would be flooded with TR tears, if the VS and NC had access to the striker. No longer would TR dominate the Air, I am not sure their Mosi pilots would know what to do, if they didn't have 10-20 seconds to hover above 300m locating targets to kill.
  4. Lazaruz

Double thread is a good way to make people take you seriously...
  5. Pikachu

Make it NS? So I have to worry about it when attacking vanu as well? o_O
    • Up x 1
  6. AngryPlayer

7. Peebuddy

What the hell are the Vs and Nc using if not the annihilator? According to them the lancer and pheonix are complete garbage, so why aren't they using lock-ons themselves?
    • Up x 2
  8. Sen7rygun

Because when you play NC or VS you enter a pact upon entry to lobotomize yourself and abuse your factions strengths while whining like a 14 year old school girl about anything the TR gets which is useful on the field. This pact is made by drinking your own pee.
    • Up x 3
  9. StolenToast

No, because more strikers is exactly what we don't need.

I like how this guy described a thoroughly bugged weapon as "useful in the field".
  10. Tommyp2006

Go ahead and make it ns, what do you plan on giving us for an esrl?
    • Up x 1
  11. Spude

Im just wondering why everyone QQ about strikers G2A ability ?, it takes 2x magazines to kill ESF just like anyother G2A launcher.

And if the target have unlocked FLARES the pilot can actually choose to " eat missiles " or not take any missile dmg at all basically they have 2 choices: To die or live.

If you pilots want to QQ about something realistic QQ about Skyguards: best AA, you can farm ESF's with it and there is no cert to avoid the dmg.

Striker is OP vs ground vehicles in LARGE open battles since it does so much dmg with one magazine.

You will never get ESF kill with striker or any other G2A missiles if the player have certed the most important thing for air: Flares.

And striker is useless in bases.
    • Up x 1
  12. Caserion

Then we want the Lancer, to stealth kill tanks at an instant.

We also want the Phoenix, so we can shoot vehicles behind cover.

We'd gladly give you an upgraded lock-on launcher for these weapons!
    • Up x 2
  13. haldolium

I do not want that cheap *** weapon for TR trolls. It needs to be nerfed into uselessness like every other lockon launcher. Damage needs to be reduced 50% at least, lockon time needs to go up.

Once again, Lockons have no place in this game with such a low TTK. Now more then ever due to vehicle resource costs increase.
  14. Crewell

The only thing wrong with Strikers is their lockon behavior. The damage is okay.
  15. jamahl khaled

Actually, every faction has its own version of some weapon that it excels in. TR rocket launchers have the T2 Striker which can give pilots a hard time ..even me when I play against TR sometimes (I am mainly in TR) but also when I fly a mosi and cross other factions' areas I get locked on EVERY SINGLE TIME ..I don't have flares so I've decided to stay away. Same goes with you ...don't have flares? Don't go to others' territories :) I have the Striker myself and some good pilots just prevent me from even using it whether by constant maneuvers or flying away at low altitude. Try doing the same or just simply stay away.
  16. CrashB111

You get my Striker you give me Lancer?
  17. Yetskii

For one, whilst flying my liberator, 3 striker users can pretty much instagib me, after me running away to the next hex and further....while it take 5 or 6 annihilator users to do the same thing. Striker damage per barrage is 2500...annhilator is what 1200 or 1500....

Huge damage difference
  18. Yetskii

Not one of them does as much raw damage...while locking on to you.

Tell you what. Go jump in a reaver, liberator or a scythe and do nothing but fly over a TR large battle for 1 days worth of playing time....
  19. jamahl khaled

I agree with Spude. The striker can't dump fire without lock ons so it's pretty useless sometimes and pilots should get away after seeing a lock on warning ..if it hits then he won't die from one magazine of the striker so he can just get away. If he dies then he was already damaged and his fault for not repairing before entering enemy's zone.
    What should be changed is the damn annoying Skyguard. You can't even get away. Once there was 5 skyguards camping outside the warpgate and shooting down all aircrafts that get out so it's pretty annoying.
  20. jamahl khaled

The biggest mistake while running from a striker is trying to go further away in any direction. You could've just ascended to high altitude while moving further ..With me, that disables my lock on and the already fired shots just lose sight. The lib should not be in low altitude.