Either fix PPA, or nerf Canister

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mechwolf, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Pikachu

PPA gets nerfed and you start calling the canister OP? You people are crazy.
    • Up x 10
  2. WTSherman

Apparently the way VS "logic" works is if anything the NC has starts to approach equal performance to the other factions, it needs to be nerfed because NC is supposed to be universally "less skilled". Hence their calls to nerf the shield (again), the titan ap (wooo 18 extra dps!), and the canister (lol) even though the vanguard is the lowest scoring tank.

Never mind that NC pulls 1.3 lightnings for every Vanguard (more than any other faction) and NC lightnings out-score all other lightnings on every weapon. As usual, NC does best with NS gear. NC lightning OP? :p
    • Up x 6
  3. Xasapis

I know for a fact that VS Lightnings outscore everyone else on Skyguards. DIdn't check the other weapons.

No need to be so melodramatic.
  4. stalkish

FTFY.
    Seriously tho its not worth using anything else these days, and tbh im wondering when the nerf parade will target this ''AV weapon with 1 shotting infantry capability......''
    To clarify, i dont see the halberd as an AV weapon, i see it as general purpose, like the heat cannon, but this is what that nerf-herders will say..
    • Up x 1
  5. WTSherman

Eh, I'd call 3.33 vs 3.30 KPU close enough to be a tie (it's what, a 1% difference?). Though it looks like this month it widened up a smidge to 3.29 vs 3.15, bit of a slow month for Skyguards. NC still has more total kills, but that's because like with every other Lightning weapon they have more total pulls (1998 vs 1700).

KPU for the other weapons:
    Viper:
    NC: 4.9
    VS: 4.45
    TR: 4.29

Python HEAT:
    NC: 6.22
    VS: 5.32
    TR: 5.32

Python AP:
    NC: 6.22
    VS: 5.76
    TR: 5.39

Python HE:
    NC: 10.87 (which is also higher than Vanguard HE, at 9.59)
    VS: 9.53
    TR: 9.26

It's less one-sided in KPH (I think TR actually has the most KPH for HEAT), but it's because NC logs far more active time in Lightnings than other factions. The difference in time is generally larger than difference in pulls, implying NC lightnings tend to live longer. Which is also why they dominate KPU but not KPH (except for the Viper, good god the NC Viper. It's ridiculous.)
    • Up x 3
  6. Goretzu

They do? :confused:

The only real factional difference I can see in Lightings is with Heat and (to a lesser degree) Viper where the NC do seem to score a bit better, which might well suggest that NC do use them more. The rest the NC is certainly not being outscored though.

I don't think the NC are less skilled arguement has ever held any water, I don't think the X side are less skilled arguement has ever held any water in any game in fact.
    • Up x 2
  7. Zotamedu

I am TR and I don't really have a problem with the Canister. This is coming from a faction that lacks long range AV so we are much more likely to run into the Canisters in the first place. Sorry VS, you get no sympathy.
    • Up x 1
  8. Xasapis

They do. Check monthly vehicle deaths. The different is especially apparent in Liberators, but it's also there in the other air vehicles.
  9. DQCraze

The ESF PPA can damage armor.
    • Up x 1
  10. OldMaster80

Before the maintenance shutdown there was a VS guy on Miller screaming in /yell because SOE hates VS and ALL their weapon now suck. At the same time while he was typing that, VS were winning the Alert on Amerish with a huge advantage [IMG]

And he also claimed the proof TR are OP is 1 hour ago we had 2 continents locked [IMG]

Some players will never be happy until all differences between weapon and vehicles will be totally eliminated from the game.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  11. Zotamedu

That type of player don't want balance. They want OP toys for themselves. That's what the ignore function is for.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

VS only use things if they are obviously OP.
    • Up x 1
  13. Nody

Can you name any VS specific weapon that is not performing better on another empire (using KPH to at least try to get comparable numbers)? I.e. don't compare Orion to the Saw but the CQC LMG etc. Serious question btw.

Saron is beaten by Enforcer, PPA is beaten by Canister, Orion is beaten by both TR and NC CQC LMGs, ES Sniper rifle is beaten by TR's, MBT cannon is beaten by TR, ES Heavy is beaten by NC and TR, MAX AI and AV are beaten by both NC and TR, ES AV Launcher is beaten by NC, VS Pistols, well let's not even go there, SMGs are beaten by NC.

The only gun I can think of that is currently "best" on VS side is the Directive LMG but as they three different styled LMGs it's a bit of a forced comparison. So yes, please do tell what VS only weapons is beating NC and TR versions; after all we should have roughtly 1/3rd best in class so to speak on each side.
    • Up x 1
  14. Xasapis

Vanu needs to step up, because we're running out of those.
    • Up x 1
  15. Axehilt

Posting in a nerf cannister thread.

Also, anyone who ever complained about AI secondaries is a bad player. Like literally they could pull a tank or aircraft and obliterate the AI secondary user, but they choose to try to beat an anti-infantry weapon as infantry instead, then they fail and they come to the forums to blame the game for their own poor decision-making.
    • Up x 1
  16. Goretzu

KPH is essentially the same. If there's a vehicle distribution difference that is interesting though.

Er.... the Lancer is most certainly NOT "beaten" by the Phoenix. The Lancer signficantly outperforms it in AV, just the Phoenix is better in AI (whilst still being low for an AI weapon).
  17. Zotamedu

So VS has the worst AI MAX weapons now? Really?

[IMG]

That's the average KPH for both arms sorted in descending order. As you can see, the best NC is first, the best VS is on second place and the best TR has to offer is the Onslaught on sixth place, behind two VS and three NC guns. The rest of our guns are on 9th, 10th and 12th place. So how exactly do VS have the worst MAX AI?
    • Up x 3
  18. Pikachu

Red MAX why you doing so bad? :confused: What makes your guns so different from vanu's?
    • Up x 1
  19. z1967

COF, probably. Might be everyone using pounders for everything but honestly I am just guessing here.
    • Up x 2
  20. Goldmonk

Fix the PPA? Fix? FIX? Are you kidding? I'm enjoying fights without constantly hearing the pew pew sound of giant, shiny orbs of death. It is fixed. Hallelujah, praise Lord Higby! Sing with me now!
    • Up x 2