Dual Mercies, the best MAX OVERALL?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Narutobieber, Dec 28, 2012.

1. MasterSith88

NC maxes seem so powerful right now because all maxes are forced to have the same ability. That ability allows you to close range with anything and turn it into pink mist.
  2. eRage

Seeing the VS just willingly jump pad into their doom against several TR MAX Suits reminded me of this video...

They sent wave after wave..OF THEIR OWN MEN!
    Too bad for the VS in Eric's video that MAXes don't have a preset kill limit!
  3. Eric Smith

LOL, yup. It was raining purple XP that day. I couldn't believe they kept coming for more than 10 minutes into what was essentially a giant meat grinder. I actually started recording the video a little after I arrived on the pad, and the killfarm was just getting rampped up for the couple minutes before I started the recording. When I realized what was going on I decided to record it for posterity.
  4. Narutobieber

It's posts like this that makes me realise that some people even when presented with data have no idea what they are looking at. Smh.

Mercies have the best CoF out of all the weapons with a min CoF of 1. The other cyclers CoF while standing are 2/3 while the mercy is 1.25/3 making mercies far more accurate at longer ranges.

(I have a feeling someone is going to read over this and have no idea what CoF is)
  5. Evregade

I dunno, an accurate ranged weapon would be nice, but I'd be just as fine with being able to weld two Novas or Lashers onto my VS MAX. Then we'll see who's laughing NC. Probably still you with your Hacksaws. But we'll see.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bape

Y
    You actually think SOE gonna give you guys shotguns guess again lmao these are maxes that have there own unique guns sorry to dissappoint but your maxes won't be getting them :)
  7. Goodname

The Cosmos has the same min CoF when ducking. It does 3% less damage and has slightly worse CoF recoil but it has 75 shots, probably a bigger ammo pool, and no bullet drop. It also has a lower max CoF, which actually has better accuracy than the mercy if you fire more than 12 bullets while moving.

Unfortunately, all the idiots on VS are still using comets and blue shifts. They truly believe these are the best weapons for killing infantry...

Even when presented with the fact that blue shifts have worse accuracy, they choose quasars instead of cosmos...
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...y-more-accurate-than-the-quasar-ripoff.66542/

This is the biggest reason why VS MAXes are bad. The VS MAX players are completely incompetent.
  8. Quiiliitiila

I run dual Cosmos' and I can say that it is much better than the Quasar and Blueshift, the added ammo has helped me quite a lot, but never against enemy MAX units. Enemy MAXs seem to chew VS MAXs up and spit them out with ease... When I see an enemy MAX, I often run to save my own MAX and come back with more troops to back me up.

Sure, our weapons have no drop, but that's about all we have we have going for us right now.
  9. Goodname

You are even with TR MAXes. The data and my experience reflect this. NC MAXes are obviously OP at very close range.
  10. Cyridius

Honestly being VERY experienced with Dual Mercies.... no. They've the same effective distance as an NC MAX. Not to mention a pellet from a MAX's Hacksaw/Scattercannon does the same damage as 1 shot from a Mercy. The accuracy of a Mercy is pretty balls aswell.
  11. Ausk

has anyone used the Nebula? ( the *supposed* equivalent of the Mercy )
  12. Naithe

I find the Mercy is utter garbage at ranges where everyone always said they "shined". Then I learned to do the ******** pose (AKA crouching) and suddenly they where good.

Now I just want variants for the different empires to MEAN something. and the TTK of Max AI weapons vs other maxes increased.
  13. Takoita

I've been able to finally scrounge up enough certs to purchase one of these for the right hand and holy kowabunga did my average kills for MAX lifespan triple. The only gripe I have is this: do all TR AI guns look the same? Seriously?

Also, I've noticed that Pounder has less projectile drop and reload speed now. Could someone please confirm the facts on the issue?
  14. Boris

Offtopic: at around the 1.40 mark you are at 100% HP being repaired by an engi when you get smacked by C4 down to a few bars of health and subsequently finished by rocket spam.
    If you look at ~ 1.42 as you snap 180 you might just see the sneaky Vanu standing on the landing pad with detonator in hand :D

Ontopic: Looking at the stats page it seems even dual cyclers beats Vanu AI.
  15. Eric Smith

Yup, Cone of Fire goes down significantly if you stand still, and even more if you squat and stand still. Tighter CoF means more shots will hit. In addition it makes you a smaller target, so there's no down side to squatting.
  16. Purg

At the range you scored most of your kills, the Hacksaws would have dealt insignificant damage. Any kills you scored at that range would have been infantry with less than 5% health if you were wielding Hacksaw. I wouldn't have even bothered firing at that range. I would have moved 4x closer to have a chance. It's why I only wield Hacksaws in areas where enemy will be < 10m. Otherwise I'm carrying Scatters or Mattocks with slugs. Inaccurate but typically get the job done.

I just came off a Bio Lab attack. From A point to the entrance at the bottom of the stairs, outside the spawn room - I let go with both barrels of my Hacksaws (with extended mags) into an Engineer, he survived. That's probably half the distance you were scoring your kills when you were on the pad. I also fired them at a Heavy at C. I was on C, he was at the door where there's two elevated walkways. Survived and landed a rocket on me. I charged him and finished him off and limped away with about 10% health.

I haven't done much with the VS MAX, but the TR Cyclers, I think they need to tighten up the COF. In a Bio Lab defence where I trialed the second Cycler, I was dealing a lot of ranged damage but wasn't scoring the final kill (much like you were in the video). They are significantly more effective at range than the Hacksaw and in a tight environment they can kill a lot more infantry than the Hacksaw. I laid waste to about 9 in one dual clip just mowing an advance on a doorway with the Cyclers. Due to the high fire rate of the Hacksaw, best I can achieve is 3 with the extended clip.
  17. LameFox

Mercies are the only AI MAX I've found even remotely useful at a distance. I dunno how to really decide 'overall' though.
  18. gunshooter

By useful at a distance you mean "kills someone in about 10x the time that you'd kill them with a carbine/ar/lmg"
  19. Eric Smith

No doubt, Hacksaws and other Shotguns aren't too useful on the air pads. OTOH, standing outside the Transporter Room doors you can obliterate enemies almost before they've set foot outside of the force field. And once the battle has pushed into the base a little Hacksaws just mow through the attackers. That's how NC can hold a BioLab for not hours but days; the Hacksaws just obliterate any attacker once they've set foot inside the base proper.

Did you see how many Assists I got, and how many I didn't get despite landing shots? The reason the VS scum fell as fast as they did wasn't because the Dual Mercy's did tremendous damage, it was because there were about 10 Maxes and 20-30 other Infantry on the pad all shooting at them. Pretty much every kill was a shared kill, which is a far cry from what a Hacksaw Max can do outside a Force Field door. And this was a unique situation where the enemy was pushing the pad hard and we had a large force defending. I've had this happen only a couple times since the game's release. A Hacksaw Max can do almost the same thing during EVERY BioLab defense just by standing outside the Force Field doors and waiting for the attackers to step outside.
  20. Purg

Given the short range it drops off, they have to be effective at something. As I said, I was more successful mowing greater groups of infantry with Dual Cycler I had with the 30 min trial than I ever was with my Dual Hacksaw. You're looking at a 2000 Cert or 1400SC investment for the Hacksaws and another 2000 Certs for extended mags so that they'll take down 3 infantry up close unless they're holding hands then a long reload while the Dual Cycler is still splatting those infantry at very close range.

Should their damage be reduced for enemy MAX at point blank? Sure, but buff it a little at 15 or so meters to compensate. If I knocked more than a couple of bars off your health with Dual Hacksaw at beyond 15 meters with extended clips, I'd be shocked as I certainly can't deal much damage to infantry at that range. At that range a Dual Cycler will slaughter me. Still think the Cycler's COF should be reduced, you would have scored a lot more kills on that pad if it were.

Attackers are getting smarter and developing strategies to counter. Two Bio Labs yesterday had LA's sneaking in another entrance and dropping C4 on those waiting near the force fields. Deployment of smoke and flashes then pushing out of the forcefield. Roving mobile LA squads flanking MAX positions around the edges as well as on top of the buildings. A decently organised attack into a Bio Lab can render the Hacksaw MAX completely useless. If all the attack comprises of is shoving bodies one by one out the force field or through a landing pad then expect to die almost instantly, Hacksaw MAX or not.