Dual Mercies, the best MAX OVERALL?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Narutobieber, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Narutobieber

What is the point of VS maxes? I swear Mercies are good up to 100 meters or something. They absolutely chew up infantry from 0 to 100m out.

I've faced both VS maxes and TR maxes, and it seems like dual mercies do more damage and have more range out of any maxes from those 2 factions.

I guess the only weakness Dual mercies have is that it will lose out in 1vs1 duel point blank against a NC hacksaw max, but for all purpose use, I'm thinking dual mercies are the best max right now.
  2. Bape

There i fixed it for you a max at farther distance will eat up a NC max.
  3. KoSGunny

Agreed.

I just wish they'd reduce that RIDICULOUS cone of fire on the VS MAX. Can't hit a landed ESF with his head in the cockpit scouring for crumbs of a Subway sandwich.

Okay I'm exaggerating obviously but the accuracy seriously is TERRIBLE. I can deal with the stupid-low DPS and projectile speed of the comet because of it's lack of drop and thus ease to aim at stationary ranged targets.. Still feels weaker than the others, but has it's place.

But the Quasar is useless. I only go MAX if I want to be a distraction/bullet magnet. If I want to do damage? Pssh, LA with shotty or Medic with NS-11 everytime. MAX doesn't do jack for damage against infantry in this faction.
  4. Narutobieber

I did mention 1vs1 duel point blank, which implies <10m
  5. KaosWarMonk

Haven't put any time into the others factions so just giving a bit of insight here from my recent experience. TR Mercy's - true they do hit out to medium/longish range and they are the best MAX AI weapon for the TR IMO. They don't however chew everything up that efficiently at that range because they're so annoyingly inaccurate. I find I'm going through huge amounts of ammo achieving only the odd hit. I get lots of assists but not that many kills. If I get a target relatively close they're good but anything more than that and it's real spray and pray stuff.

They are great for suppression though. Get an ammo box under you and you just run one arm til it's dry and switch to the other while it reloads. Can keep firing continuously like this for ages. Only problem is because you have to strafe to dodge incoming fire you don't hit much at all like I said.

If that makes them the best for the role then so be it. Just wanted to point out that effectiveness at range isn't that great when I compare it to other weapons I use, such as my carbine etc. Compared to other MAXs I can't say.

FWIW
  6. Bape

:(
  7. Eric Smith

That's EXACTLY what I've found when using dual Mercy's. In fact I posted a video of an 11 minute BioLab Air Pad killfarm where I was running Dual Mercy's. In the 11 minutes I got approximately 20 kills and 30ish assists. I ran out of Ammo 3 times. That's approximately 8 reloads for each arm, times 3, for a total 24 reloads to get 20 kills (I say approximately because I have one Extended Mag, so one gun reloads 8 times, the other 5 on a full ammo load).

Yeah, dual Mercy's can tickle out to a decent range, and they can do pretty decent damage, but they are nothing compared to a the amount of carnage a dual Hacksaw can do.

• Up x 4
  8. SinerAthin

Everytime I think of the Dual Mercies and NC Hacksaw, a part of me dies inside thinking of my crappy VS MAX...
  9. OldMaster80

Honestly after testing the dual Mercies and fighting against the dual Hacksaw / Grinder I've quit asking devs to buff Max Units. They're fine as they are.
    VS Max unit is pretty sh**ty I must say, but this imho balanced by all the other infantry weapons those guys have. They're already strong enough, probably the strongest faction in mid / short range fighting. If devs buff their Max Units we will all be screwed.
  10. nella

They're amazing and more TR should try them before asking for nerfs to the NC max. The VS max could use some buffs, not sure how or what the VS max is supposed to be good at, but it's the weakest max right now.
    • Up x 1
  11. boom boom

I would swap my dual hacksaws for dual mercies!
    Hacksaws are great at close range! But you could never have done that with them! although you are not as good as a dual hacksaw in cqb you have a little more utility! And your ammo lasts more than a second and don't take 10minutes to reload! :)

Great video and good shooting I want a chain gun too! :)
  12. Gary

We have a number of cyclers to choose from, Short Ranged Rapid Fire low mag count, Medium ranged average fire rate bigger mag count or Longer ranged lower fire rate average mag. To me non of them seem worth it, Close range you lose out to the NC max or get blown up by c4, Medium Ranged you can be killed by anyone and anything and long ranged you get killed by the VS AV Max stuff that flies perfectly straight along with mass fire from anyone in the area :p

I would gladly swap my max weapons for the NC shotguns or the VS AV. The TR AV sucks, Little to no splash, Huge drop and a bit of spread with a nice long flight time...

Dual Hacksaws are utter monsters when defending points they kill you so fast my dual mercy max does not even take 1/4 off. The NC are also starting to realize that they should stay on the point and not be baited out ;)

The video above is all well and good but he really is not getting that many kills and it looks like a standard farm scenario, nothing i couldn't do with a 200 round mag on my carvS. Majority of the kills in that video are from the zerg. Where the NC maxes choose to hold out inside instead of on the landing pad and 1 of them is capable of dispatching a whole squad in the time it takes the other maxes to kill maybe 2 or 3.

I am by no means asking for a nerf to the NC max, Its good that we have difference between them and they chew everything up. They just need to find a way to make the VS and the TR maxes have the same sort of domination at there chosen ranges.

Anyone who is having doubts about the VS max try using the dual AV weapons ;) Seems like its straight flight with little to no drop or spread and they have some splash ;)
  13. Regpuppy

Well, one issue with making them do as good or nearly as good at medium range as NC maxes do at close range would mean the new OP weapon. I think the way to balance it out would be increased clip size and maybe a very slight reduction in cone of fire for both the mid and long range options available to you.

That, and bases that aren't the biolab but don't force you to bring out flak cannons for the liberator zerg coming to farm you. ;P
  14. Gary

on an unrelated note the increased clip size certifications... Wonder if we ever get clarification on them My T9-carvS Said 50% increased clip size but i got my magazine size doubled from 100 - 200 rounds. Now when i got it on both my Max Cyclers it also said 50% increase in magazine capacity. This time it was actually 50% i went from 60 rounds to 90 rounds.
  15. MaxDamage

I feel so bad for VS MAXes, I wouldn't even begrudge them jetpacks. I figured it was because more girls play VS. TR MAXes are accurate, but only as accurate as the player is skillful. NC MAXes allow mass kills without having to be a good aim.
    • Up x 1
  16. SinerAthin

I'd argue that the TR are better than the VS in short/mid engagements, while inferior in long engagements(which aren't all that important as most decisive infantry fights are to short or mid range).

The TR's ROF and Accuracy is absolutely devastating in close quarter.

The VS may have the advantage at longer ranges due to no bullet drop, but as we meet the enemy in assaults/defenses, we are outclassed by TR weaponry.
    • Up x 1
  17. GImofoJoe

18. Predatorv2

Faster (lower refire rate) and lower CoF (higher accuracy).

I have a double Nebula VS MAX and i have just trialed a default AI gun + Mercy TR MAX.

Soo much more accurate and fires even a bit faster (than double Nebula). Well i missed my kinetic armor, but come on...
    Double Mercy (with Ext. Mag) must be such a ****.

On the other side the Cosmos is bugged as hell. 75 bullets (without ext. mag), lowest VS AI MAX COF (highest accuracy), lowest "max" COF standing still/moving, almost same killspeed as the Nebulas/Blue Shifts. You'd expext the Cosmos accuracy on the Blue Shift, but no...
  19. Grotpar

20. MaxDamage

The best overall? Maybe. But a couple of NC MAXes storm the point where a few troops and 2 Mercy MAXes are sat, and TRs will drop most times. The NC MAXes are grossly overpowered up close, and would still be devastating if their TTK was only 3x that of a VS AI MAX rather than almost 6x.