[Suggestion] Drastically reduce AP damage from Rockets

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by orionite, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Eyeklops

You have one. The Hacksaw on the NC MAX unit. It's the equivalent of a short-range orbital strike, at least in regards to how fast it kills infantry within 30m.
  2. KnightCole

THose damn underbarrel grenade launchers are worse then Rockets...they 1 shot **** period...
  3. Deavonere

Two words: Flak Armour.
  4. Istrebljivach

Only way to one shot infantry with rocket launcher is direct hit. I would make it even bigger splash, cause as it works now is kinda gay.
  5. Mordrake

That will not work and I tell you why.
    1. Dual Hacksaws (+extended magazine) cost 3000 certs and only "It's the equivalent of a short-range orbital strike" in the <10m range. Beyond that you need slug ammo (300 certs) to hit something. My Shrike is free.
    2. Even If I have all of the above, in the situation aforementioned in this thread I will be killed via dumbire rockets + gun fire before charge could let me reach kill range.
    Don't get me wrong, hacksaws are amazing and fancy but if I'm having problems opening a can of pasta you can't give me a crowbar and tell me it's good to open things because you know, it will not work.
  6. Rhinzual

World of Tanks is very complex in it's locational damage, penetration, HE/AP/ACPR/HEAT rounds, etc. Hell, I could go onto the WoT forums and say "I totally penetrated that Russian's rear then penetrated his two French buddies next to him" and be taken completely seriously as well as being asked for a replay video of the whole thing.
  7. TintaBux

Disagree, fine as it is.
  8. KnightCole

No you cant. WoTs mechanics are like playing the game of Yahtzee with magical dice which change which type of dice is in the cup and the placement and numbers on each of those dice. I hate WoT mechanics. They are the most confusing and off the wall things. + - 25% to dmg and penetration, while at the same time, you will try and play the game based on those numbers only to find yourself bouncing 130-230pen off 60mm of full side on armor. Then Accuracy is like firing a Brownbess Musket, you just point in te general direction and pull the Trigger. WoT in the big picture is almost entirely luck, its alot like the game RISK, the outcome is almost entirely decided by a Dice roll. Sure, you can semi alter the variables by being closer, better angles and what not, but in teh end, its all dice. I hate playing Wot......I hope no other game ever adopts the random, off the wall, BS damage mechanics that WoT has...
  9. Posse

It's fine as it is, if a rocket explodes in your face you're supposed to die, besides, it's not that hard to dodge them.
  10. Fraya

As others have started firing the launcher at infantry is only really useful if your pinned down in a doorway by superior numbers or you need to take out a sniper at range who has zero situational awareness. I get a chuckle almost daily from newbs trying to run up and launcher shotgun me and then just dying in disgrace.. I've still never been hit by one except in the same scenarios where I would use it above.
  11. RHINO_Mk.II

If they take away the underbarrel grenade launcher's ability to 1HKO infantry without a direct hit, maybe I could consider this.

As it currently stands, the rockets are slow and blindingly obvious on your screen. If you don't dodge a long range hit, you deserved it. If you get hit at short range while dodging, he got lucky - just take the free kill on the other 9 heavies who try to short range rocket you and ignore the occasional lucky one.
  12. Grotpar

But using anti-personnel(AP) is going to cause too much confusion.
  13. Agile

not sure i understand the issue...because it seems perfectly fine as is to me. You havetohit infantry wi the rocket itself to 1shot them.

frankly, a rocket warhead exploding should insta-kill any infantry or max.
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

I'd recommend reducing launcher damage against Infantry by just ~15%, on most launchers, that means everyone in the outer radius, and everyone in the innter radius (very small) with Flak Armor will survive.
    an additional 0.5 or so to hipfire CoF wouldn't be bad, either.
    But ultimately, it always pisses me off when a weapon that is apparently meant to destroy armored vehicles barely does any damage to a soldier, even on the receiving end.
    Seems like I'm not alone with that feeling regarding direct hits.
    It's always a gamble.
    I can hit moving Infantry at 30+ meters, and in non-dangerous situations probably do it for sports.
    But I've seen plenty try and fail, and they always end up like me when I'm caught reloading.
    Dead.
  15. Naelyan

I really don't see the issue with rocket launcher against infantry on this game, it's not like bfbc2 (i take it as an example since it was mentioned and i played it a lot) where rockets were mini nukes killing everything in a 5 meter radius on a 16v16 map which usually mean it was used as a safe way to one hit kill a single guy by firing in his general direction which was BS.
    On Planetside 2 when i use the rocket launcher against infantry it's usually to soften/scare a bunch of guys sitting behind cover with 3 medic spamming aoe heal and revive. Explosives are the natural counter to people stacking behind cover if you have no way to flank them, and out of all the explosives in the game the rockets are probably one of the most balanced when it comes to splash damage, get medics in there and don't expect players to blindly run into your line of sight as you secure a location or forward spawn to attack/defend an objective without first weakening you with explosives.
  16. Fraya

Agreed. In this game at least rocket launchers versus infantry works pretty well since the splash damage is negligable and only a direct hit is a kill.. its risk versus reward and trying to launcher someone is a huge gamble.. hit and win or miss and die.
    • Up x 1
  17. pykke

Makes no sense a warhead able to penetrate MBT armor plating and not being able to turn infantry into pre-processed meat balls. To solve this problem id suggest:
    Step 1 : Find and buy a military issue shaped charge explosive device
    Step 2 : Deploy the charge somewhere safely
    Step 3 : Stand 1 m away from while detonating the thing
    Step 4 : Come back on the forums with revised logic and most defenetly brand new prosthetics
  18. TheEvilBlight

Just give us shaped charges with no splash damage. Problem solved.
  19. orionite

I'm not arguing that getting a rocket in your face is a pleasant experience. However, have you seen any real life rocket launchers being deployed directly against soft targets? It makes no sense. It's like shooting sparrows with a cannon.
    But hey, this is just my opinion and if it's only shared by the minority, that's cool. Hence [Suggestion] not [Demand]
  20. Fraya

Most of the combat in this game makes no sense when compared with real life.. so you should probably either do it to everything and call the whole game ridiculous or not at all.

Asked a friend who carried a launcher in the marines about it and he said I quote "hell yeah I would shoot em in the face with it (launcher) if it was ready to go, he jumped out into my line of fire with a rifle pointed at me and wasn't danger close. There's no such thing as overkill just different degrees of certainty the people you just 'killed' wont get up again and shoot you in the back".