[Suggestion] Drastically reduce AP damage from Rockets

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by orionite, Jan 28, 2013.

1. orionite

I play mostly heavy myself, and have used rockets to instagib infantry. I just feel this is not what the weapons should be for. My suggestion: Reduce damage to infantry to where it can not kill you in a single shot when on full health and shield. There are enough ways to 1-shot infantry in the game already.
    • Up x 5
  2. Koadster

I agree, there was similar trouble in BF2 with the javelin rockets. People stopped playing the sniper class because a laser guided rocket was more accurate and effective.

For HA I think we should add a AI weapon. Remove all infantry damage from the normal rockets and give them a grenade launcher or something. Just like a MAX suit, choose between AI or AA or AT. Give more specialization rather then a rambo do everything class
  3. kuper

ap - armor piercing. ai - anti infantry. Just to let you know ;)
  4. orionite

AP - Anti-Personnel, AV - Anti-Vehicle :) Many ways to skin a cat.
    • Up x 2
  5. Mordrake

Give me an anti-infantry launcher then.
    • Up x 3
  6. aussiesparrowfart

Murderbunny NC does this a lot - must be why he thinks he's such a genius?
  7. orionite

Ok. Can I ask why you need a launcher against infantry? That's what guns are for, no? Maybe an underbarrel grenade launcher? That, I could get behind.
  8. Jarek

I do agree that launchers shouldn't do so much damage to infantry, though I wouldn't mind seeing a Thumper-type weapon (ie grenade launcher for those who didn't play PS1) available for anti-personnel.

Though I don't think I want to see plasma grenades return. Those were so annoying.
  9. Mordrake

Sometimes you are fighting against a tight spot heavily crowded, if you poke your head more than a few seconds you get killed so try to aim and gets some LMG shots in is too risky and unproductive. In this situations I prefer to use the Shrike, with some luck I get a direct hit and oneshot some poor soul but often a rain of rockets is enough to make the enemy lose terrain even if you don't kill anyone.
  10. SneakyTaffer

hahaa good times; stupid times, but good times. Oh and dolphin diving. ahhh the days.

I have gotten quite a few infantry kills with my HA rockets in PS2. Always puts a smile on my face to instagib somebody like that. Not sure if I find it necessary to remove that ability. Kind of lame having a rocket that can only dumb fire enemy vehicles. I guess i'd be cool with it if I can have an anti-personnel rocket that can really explode the crap out of people, large AOE and all.
  11. Deathcapt

I'd like to see a dedicated anti vehicle launcher, like the Carl gustav that's basically a miniturized AP cannon. No splash, just better than average direct damage, and potentially good projectile speed.
  12. orionite

Totally agree with this usage. That's what I do. All I'm saying is, that HA should have a decent alternative for AOE anti-infantry, specific to the class, like the PS1 Thumper for example. Consider the situation you described above: Bunch of enemy soldiers clustered and facing your way. Extended exposure means certain death. You equip your thumper, pop out, launch a grenade, duck down. IMHO this would be a much better and more realistic option to address the same situation.
  13. Tigga

IMO the best "fix" would be to reduce accuracy of these things a lot when hip firing. I mostly only use dumbfires against infantry when either:
    1) It's too dangerous to walk around a corner for more than a second
    2) I'm caught with it out as I'm shooting a vehicle.

In both cases I'm hip firing, and I think in both cases I tend to be a little too accurate. I rarely hipfire armour unless I'm right on top of it.
    • Up x 2
  14. KnightCole

Umm, reduce dmg vs infantry? No, if you get hit in the face with a 100mm rocket, your going to be dead.

What needs to be done is reduce the splash radius ofthe rounds. Its an AP Rocket or a shaped charge..., it should be made almost exclusively for Anti Tank duties.
  15. Village

I agree the splash should be reduced, but direct hits should always kill. The splash should wound if very close, but not outright kill a full health player.
    • Up x 1
  16. Lucidius134

+1

Have you played Bad Company 2?
  17. KnightCole

OMFG YES! and OMFG, I didnt care much for it at all...despite the fact I have like 300+ hours on the game...but yeah, rocketnoobing and the "overly" destructive buildings got real annoying, real fast. Buildings had no durability, just wack, and anything inside is dead.....BFBC2 is like the ultimate kiddie shooter, for mindless hordes to just run around and shoot stuff....

I hope PS2 never comes close ot that style of play.
    • Up x 1
  18. Lucidius134

LA's already kinda make it play similar. Room breaching with Gustav is the same as Room breaching with the Shrike
  19. KnightCole

Only in PS2 here, the rocket impacting the ground doesnt kill everyone within like 50m of hte explosion....the explosions in BFBC2 were omg unholy ******** way to damn big. There was no surviving a rocket in BFBC2, there is in PS2. Yeah, LAs kinda playcartoonish, but atleast they arent game breakingly overly ********. The Jetpack is just a tool to be used for flanking manevers and what not.

See, If it was up to BFBC2 and EA the LAs would literally be flying men, wings, jetpacks, Man Planes more or less. Then to boot, the LAs would probably have an explosives bandolier to allow them to carry like 2 extra grenades, along with the fact the LA would probably be the LMG guy. So if this was BFBC2, you woulda had LAs flying around doing bombing runs with the C4. You would look at a base from afar and it would look like a swarm of bats is attacking....

PS2 is not quite near BFBC2 and its lvl of stupid. World of Tanks and BFBC2 are in their own realm of idiocy and stupid..
    • Up x 1
  20. Haya jii san

That's why it never stops being fun killing ya ... Will keep doing so till the end of the days.

ps : Why need an AI Rocket Launcher you ^&*() .. eeh .. guyz ? Its called weapon (pistol / LMG / HSAI) and does exactly that ...