Don't be like NC Emerald tonight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gammit, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Gammit

See, I try to hate you guys for killing me in-game and then you go and do noble things like this. :p

I hope you guys have fun. Empire-switching an outfit for a night is always a cool experience.
  2. Mythologicus

I see two problems in the first post.

The obvious one is the NC are using all of their manpower to fight over a piece of unconnected territory.
    The other one is the NC are using ALL of their manpower to fight over a piece of unconnected territory.

NC complain about being double-teamed, while simultaneously zergballing with excessive numbers in the middle of nowhere. When they actually fight back like they mean it, they have nothing to complain about.
    • Up x 1
  3. Thornefear

I have yet to ever see this happen.

As any faction. While I have played them
    I can say for a fact my outfit does not partake in such methods. We would like to think we had a player base that wouldn't stoop to those levels.... alas the invasion of TR orders chat has shown that is not the case.

But, I am not omniscient, so I can't say cross-faction pseudo alliances don't ever happen... I shall however reference the time the beatles almost broke up.

John's been feeling left out of the band by the other three and decides that he's going to quit. He goes off to tell Ringo.

Ringo says "Oh.... I thought it was you three". John says fine, I'll go tell Paul. Paul responds "Oh..... I thought it was you three" etc... and so the story goes.
  4. Bearlover

All factions experience 2v1 at times, but i see it happening to NC most of the time. When it happens NC players do not seem to care and would rather just farm. IMO when i go on my TR and VS characters, NC is easier to kill than the other factions, apart from the BR100s i face of course. NC is indeed hard mode when it comes to being organized or even organizing a platoon. Morale is very low, the guns are not beginner friendly. The faction attracts all the young kids that want to become this "freedom loving mercenary , rambo , sniper lonewolf " character that clearly does not help at all. NC command do not get along with each other, apart from a few outfits, but most are clearly trolls or elitist pricks that have their heads so far up their *****. This coming from Emerald btw...

I may get flack for saying this as well, a lot of people hate WisdomCube, but to me he seems to have the most logical strategies for alerts. Just not many listen because... idk, its just sad.
  5. Jaquio

WisdomCube has his detractors, sure. I've heard him actually discuss strategies and it's usually sound. But he's super passive-aggressive in Orders chat. I still prefer that to the children screaming at us in Orders like they're actually my boss. One kid was so abrasive in Orders the other night I was tempted to go to his battle and TK him.

The problem with Orders is that there's usually no rhyme or reason to why they're calling for backups. Usually it just feels like "my zergfit is being overrun by a VS zergfit, so I need lone wolves to help turn the tide." Which usually sounds something like:

[ORDERS] we need backup at Mulac now idiots

I don't understand why they can't just be like:

[ORDERS] Our platoon is going to run from X up to Tech Plant Z. If anyone is looking for a good fight, meet up at Y and run the other lattice line and we can meet up and take Tech Plant Z together.

It establishes what you need help with, it demonstrates the general run of your strategy, and it asks people to help while still respecting the fact that they're grown adults who don't have to do what you say.
  6. RykerStruvian

The reason why is because thats NC Emerald. If you want to be better managed, switching to VS is probably the way to go.

Okay, I'll give a real answer.

This is the way I think. I think that it is not your purpose or responsibility as a player to encourage or be concerned in any way about creating a fun and fair environment. Because of this, I feel it is better to continuously instigate and propagate an issue which exists rather than attempting to band-aid fix it through player intervention. And the reason why is because it's not your job to fix anything or attempt to fix anything. Your job, as a player, is to simply play the game.

Some might say 'But having fun, for me, is making sure there is a fair environment' which is an understandable statement. However, that is your opinion. In the purest form as a player, you are simply just that: someone who plays. Whatever reasoning you play is on you. However, it is not your job to fix anything by having 'alt empire' nights.

So back to what I said initially. If the problem exists, do not try to band-aid fix or cover up the issue by attempting to fix it yourself. Propagate the issue to expose it for what it is, otherwise it will not get fixed because you're doing the work, not SOE.
  7. RaidsRUs

I would like to open by claiming full responsibility for NC Emerald's struggles. Months ago, I posted this.
    Clearly my suggestion is working. Muahahaha.

Alright, jokes aside: Your current situation must really blow, NC. Imagine my surprise at logging in all these months ago and seeing this thread, in light of the old post I quoted. Perhaps when I replace my current "temporary" junk rig and get back to playing the game, I will make an NC alt and lend my gun to your struggles. I'm not very good, but every gun helps, right?
    -------------------------------

[IMG]

...Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    • Up x 1