Don't be like NC Emerald tonight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gammit, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Pirbi

Well they are doing it wrong. You are supposed to farm disconnected bio labs as the other two factions warpgate your faction. That is MLG level screw over.
  2. Hartkernharald

if you're pointing at some other outfit, the reference is lost on me, i don't know that much about emerald. but you have to admit that breaking up as many tr-vs fronts as possible and then using an asset like a fully managed platoon to "attack" scarred mesa by sundy for an hour seems a little suspicious?
  3. Pirbi

I assume whatever outfit you are talking about. If you are referring to us, I don't remember ever attacking scarred mesa by rolling sundies to it. But we get blamed for everything anyway. You can send me the time, day, and PL if you don't like something we appear to be doing and I can check it out. Although if it is outside of east coast primetime or a zombied platoon that wasn't properly shut down the night before then I'm not going to get too concerned.
  4. Stromberg

didn'r read the thread but the first post reminded me of
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Dunkarooo

I wouldn't call it plebs. nc players are quite capable in the right circumstances but there seems to be something in the way of getting people to work together on nc emerald.... not entirely but this is true enough that the nc is the weakest faction on the server because of it. doesn't help that new nc players jump ship a lot. In total i've tried to get 4 RL friends to play ps2. Naturally I told them to try NC first. Out of the 4 only 2 play the game to this day. Out of the 4 only 1 mains NC. The feedback on the new player NC experience is them saying that the guns suck and that they do much better with the TR weapons. Before you reply with outrage I'll be the first to tell you that the NC weapons are on par or even better than the competition. It's just that they must have a more difficult learning curve for some new players...
    • Up x 1
  6. Crator

The OP says the NC are stupid for doing this. From what I've seen, most NC on Emerald could care less about territory control. They just want a good fight. And is there really anything that makes you want to take territory, other then change of scenery? With the exception of alerts and the rewards of locking a cont... And even then, alerts during prime time don't lock conts to give benefits so that incentive is gone during that time.
  7. TheShrapnelKing

For some reason I can't post the screenshot I took but here's what it showed:

You know something is seriously wrong when my outfit (whose only member is me) is the dominant outfit in a 24-48 hex.
  8. LibertyRevolution

You know something is wrong when I cap more bases alone than the rest of the NC...
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. theBigM

yeah NC emerald incompetence ruined it for me, and im not switching factions. Play mostly lone wolf and go wherever the good fight is, tired of getting stomped by Vanu though, i can still end up with a 1:1 ratio no matter how bad it gets but, its just not fun being the underdog all the time.
  10. Thornefear

It's cute how every faction says this. "You're faction is working with that enemy faction to hurt me etc...."At least the faction animosity is uniform. Can't we all just agree that we DON'T get along ;)

When I started playing I always thought connery VS and NC were working together. In big fights I'd see vanu air support flying over TR and NC battles 5 or more hexes away from NC territory. I hence learned reasons for this.

NC having vanu air support, and vice verse, on closer inspection is false. It's just idiotic skygod wannabes not helping their team and padding their K/D in fights they have no stake in.

Rock paper shotgun supports VS, and NC not TR, they have a dedicated hate for them (though I admit, they half-***** tried to make a TR outfit). Connery is a backup server for them and not the main leading to padded faction numbers.. Similar outfit names cross faction makes it LOOK like they are working together, when in reality they aren't (most likely).

Lastly, until PPA Nerf, NO ONE liked fighting the vanu. NC on Connery would fight only TR when they felt like actually getting kills and into combat. They pull crazy shenanigans (which nets me a lot of kills off some ADK guys for some reason) and are not careful in battle against the TR, because they generally don't have to be. Against the VS they are as nervous as puppies stuck on a glass walkways they don't understand. Even with NC pop at 37 to 40% or higher. I've played as NC in these big fights to check this out (and to try guns outside VR)

On top of that, as connery's underdog faction, TR is usually pretty good at digging in our heels, when there isn't ridiculous base design that prevents it. We're a good fight, I feel like our faction straight should be static defense.... because it almost is.

VS just steamrolled over everyone.If they didn't in 10 minutes, they redeployed. Except for a few outfits and VS players I actually like.

Recently this changed, TR has outfits on a little more often, the game is mostly more balanced. There are more vehicle zergs against us because we don't have a useful tool (other than the pounders, which I love but take practice) to fight them off. Funny how some people are calling for nerfs for that. ( I reference the NC striker reaction video). I see people avoiding using the pounders now, just because they hope it doesn't get nerfed.

I've made a few friends cross factions, some VS, some NC. I will chat up a good opponent in a small skirmish. Note good opponent using tactics in a battle of wits. Not exploits or gamer hat tricks.

Point is, there is no faction alliance outside forumside. On forumside, whichever faction you identify as. The other two factions are working in sync against you to steal your superiority because they can't handle your awesomeness. Always.
  11. Rovertoo

No, no, I'm not talking about paranoia. I mean I actually saw them working together to take the same base. It was an NC/TR fight, we were defending. VS borders were all the way across from us, no lattice connection whatsoever. We had just knocked TR off point, and a massive Gal drop swooped in. Nothing unusual, except for the fact that half of the Gals were VS. TR hopped on point, and the VS all circled spawn. We were suddenly outpopped 33% NC, 66% TR/VS. And boy oh boy was the Allchat going mad, the VS and TR were having quite the riot.
  12. Kulso

Didn't you kill me a few times yesterday?
  13. Mauzeraut

This is a strategic move, not a collaborative one.

Let's say there's 4 minutes left in the alert, NC is at 32%, VS is at 33%, TR is at 31%. VS has no chance of capping any bases, NC is close to capping a 3 or 4 point base against TR (counts for 2% we'll say). Suddenly, NC Sunderers start blowing up from a massive air-to-ground attack from VS, focusing down targets one by one, possibly clearing a point or two, but not hanging around the caps or very limply defending themselves from TR.

That's a deliberate play, and a legitimate one that happens occasionally on Emerald, usually from the VS. It's using TR's territory as a shield to snag the alert via "helping" them. There isn't some weird conspiracy at work, it's simply using your enemy as an asset.

It's the same reason some outfits prepare for an alert by ghost capping what are ridiculously defensible bases when populated (big examples: Subterranean Nanite Analysis, The Octagon, The Bastion, Matherson's Triumph, Crimson Bluff, Regent Rock, etc), by making sure that their faction is on the defensive end. When it pays off, it pays off big and enemy factions either get lane blocked or spend the entire alert mashing their genitals against a meat grinder.
  14. Rovertoo

I can tell you right now that it wasn't during an alert. And besides, I'm not claiming "all of TR is working with VS", but there is at least one TR outfit that cooperates with a VS outfit for the sole purpose of messing up NC. The same two outfits (don't remember their names, but I hesitate to blame Connery's drunk outfits) had a bit of a collaboration on an Indar Biolab the same way, confirmed by what I read in Allchat (something along the lines of "Hey, need some help killing blueberries?" Very similar to what happened ealier). Just medicballed up around spawn. Luckily though it didn't last long, we capped some surrounded bases and locked the biolab, so TR vanished and VS were slowly picked off.

So I'm not saying that, when I look at the NC/TR/VS map and only see 1 VS/TR fight that's a meager 12v12, it's the result of a collaboration. I understand that big fights are the fun ones, and thus were people go. Just saying that there is certainly collaboration between some of the players, I've seen it. Not necessarily blaming alerts on it though. My running theory is that, for whatever reason, NC don't play the redeployside game (personal pride influencing that bias too, not even gonna pretend), and as such get shoehorned in by TR and VS, who do it all the time.
  15. Gammit

Because there are many who enjoy the challenge of strategy and not just tactics. We enjoy the chess-game that is attacking territory and defending our territory.

Because it can be a PITA for people who want to pull vehicles that are only offered at the warpgate.

Because there are many who enjoy fighting over different bases which lend themselves to different tactics.

Because some people love support roles and just want to drive a much-needed Sunderer up to the fight, deploy it in a strategic location, and guard it to help ensure victory. You can't do that if you have to drive through several enemy territories.

Because some people love getting dug in for a great defense and laying mines, deploying backup sunderers, making sure the base turrets are repaired, and ammo is laid out.

Because if they only wanted a good fight, Battlefield or CoD can offer those things without affecting those who care about the above.
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

Emerald NC only cares about alerts when they win them.

No joke, they won't stop patting themselves on the back after they finally win one, but outside of them they are completely apathetic to alerts.

Say what you will about the TR, at least they're actually trying most of the time.

Of course, if you look at PS2 Alerts you'll see all 9 platoons of GOKU basically carry the VS to victory most night... so maybe git gud?
  17. inigma

GotR Ghosts of the Revolution, will be running an alt empire night Wednesdays as GROT to help out the current underdog empire on Emerald. We too want to see Emerald NC improve their lot. Perhaps its tme for some experienced VS outfits on Emerald to login as NC for a regular week night to provide the NC (or whoever is the underdog) zerg some alternate leadeship examples and so get in on the zerg management game. We are starting tonight.

Ive been leveling up my nc alt, and figured we'd look as this as an outfit challenge on our part, and a means to prevent burn out.

Its not a lot of fun shootimg smurfs that dont really push back. Its time to change that.
    • Up x 2
  18. Regpuppy

Aside from good farm > useless territory being the usual mindset.

Emerald NC has some amazing players and squads. But the problem is that about 80% of them are spread out into tiny half/single squad outfits and there's no good way to communicate between all of them. None of them want to merge either, because they want to keep their identity or they can never agree on who's merging into who. Things also tend to break down when attempts are made to set up some line of communication. Waterson was pretty close to something pre-merge, but the post-merge chaos seems to have broke things down again.
  19. Arghy

Hahaha see how long you last, atleast theres BAX now but that doesn't change much. Theres a good reason GOKU's NC alt's don't get much use even though their fairly high BR.
  20. inigma

As I said, it's an outfit challenge. :)

The problem, as I've seen it these past two weeks since I've been leveling my NC character, is really NC player psychology. I don't know what it is but they are demoralized. They therefore tend to be more independent, rambo-ish, kill-dreaming wanna be solo rambos, else they are they opposite extreme of team tacticians who have hardly any tact with players. It gets many of them killed, loses a large number of 1:1 fights, and really gets quite tiring to hear leaders complaining rather than giving orders when objectives are not met as expected.

The NC need a morale boost. And NC leadership needs to soften up on their complaints of their greenie subordinates. In fact, this is the worst thing ever as an Emerald NC - we're losing a battle because of either bad tactical plays, or greenies not following orders - and we don't need a commander complaining. We need a commander calmly leading - giving orders that make sense, include the whole team, and is willing to dump players from the squad or platoon that are just not following along.

NC leaders need to work on their tact in getting people to follow them. This alone, I feel, will stop the slide in NC morale, and actually make it possible for victories to excite the faction.

Rambos need a simple no-nonsense target. And support. And respawn.Without those three, the smurfs consistently fail.

Squads needs directives, and leaders need to step up and consider obeying orders, learn when to offer a suggestion and when not to. Bad leaders need to be willing to admit mistakes and consider stepping down and let others take up the reigns - because being a leader is more than just giving orders. It's about giving orders that make sense, and it's about getting people to follow you because they want to be led by you. Good leadership will lead by example, not by order; and give orders, not complaints; and check in with the Rambos from time to time to make sure they are having fun. Leaders also need to be willing to drop players who are not playing, or listening on coms. In short, I think a number of NC leaders need to take a page from good customer service. Servant leadership. The VS have it. The TR has learned it (with the hard lessons they found out the hard way with BuzzCutPsycho). It's the NC's turn. Without it, NC moral will continue to decline, and they will continue to be at the receiving end of the butt of VS and TR rifles.