Don't be like NC Emerald tonight

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gammit, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Gammit

*Logs in and checks the map*
    :)

Let's check how we're doing on Hossin:

[IMG]

Oh, we're nearly completely warp-gated. :( As time progresses, I see the VS take the hex just to the East of our warp-gate.

Looking at the continent info, I see pretty even population, so why are we getting our ***** handed to us? o_O

*Scrolls over Woodman Labs, a cut-off hex in the north*

[IMG]

Oh, I get it. We're completely ******* stupid. At least we're consistent. :eek: :p

I can't wait for territory to mean something again.
    • Up x 4
  2. iller

NC Connery isn't any smarter. ....infact most would agree they're even worse when it comes to "inviting" 2v1'ing
    • Up x 2
  3. Dunkarooo

I like how you're ignoring that the TR and VS were pushing towards the NC in unison. at least that's what it looked like on my map. the biggest battles were right outside the NC warpgate on hossin and there was one minor battle to the north between the TR and the VS.

either they hate us or they're just going after the faction that has it's forces split fighting 2 factions at once because it's easier. probably both.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rovertoo

On Connery, I've seen VS and TR outfits work together to take bases. It's extremely frustrating. On top of that, I see far more TR and VS practice the oh so popular 'redeployside' than NC, making fights to take territory quite frustrating. It's generally just more fun to find a roughly even fight and stay there than try and hop around and enjoy the meta. I'll take a fun battle over the hundred lopsided ones required to win an alert.
  5. NoctD

At least you have even pops. I just logged into Connery - only 2 continents open. The NC are 60% pop on Hossin, the TR and VS have 17% and 22% pop.

The VS on Connery are quite underpop these days - most of the players VS/TR are on Esamir where there's an active alert.

NC is 41% of the server right now.

Maybe they should just merge Connery into Emerald.
  6. Dunkarooo

Hmm just thought about it. I find it astonishing that the TR recently was claiming to favor the NC over the VS even that nonsense about that petition of alliance between NC and TR on emerald. The truth is revealed and the TR are shown to be lacking in manly virtue all along. At least the VS is upfront about their hate for NC. The TR are some sneaky baguettes indeed. They have been taking bribes from spandex clad double agents for sure. We must alter our outlook on just how conniving and treacherous these crimson wankers are.
  7. WTSherman

It was even worse on Amerish during the alert. As far as double-teaming goes anyway, NC at least did a fairly decent job of trying to get people where they needed to be on Amerish.

Obviously it's hard to get exact numbers due to how PS2's pop counting works, but the whole alert we had at least two fights going at the same time where NC had 96+ and was outnumbered 30/70. Which means TR/VS had at least 200-ish people in those regions. That's four platoons and some stragglers. The continent cap is what, 300 per faction now?

The largest fight between VS and TR was 12-24 combined, so they each had about a 1-12 there.
  8. BurntDevil

I enjoyed NC until the merger, lets just say a certain former server's NC pop has terminal brain damage and brings the entire operation to a most painful halt.

No amount of teamwork can fix stupid.
    • Up x 1
  9. AlterEgo

I must say, the NC is the hardest faction to master, and the worst faction to join. The whole demographic, music, CHARACTER models appears to appeal to a far younger audience than the Terran or Vanu factions do. But here is what we must agree on: NC players who do not leave become some of Planetside's finest players. Look at WisdomCube (minus the yelling, he does it because he wants a more mature army), Boursk, and Klypto. All awesome players, because they stayed and stood the test of time. What needs to be done is to make this game a little darker and more mature (with more war music instead of sadistic techno or heavy metal) so that instead of appealing to 8-10 year olds, it would hopefully appeal to 13-16 year olds.
  10. HadesR

Nail on the head ...
    Atm the game is just about personal meta's ... Depending on the person that might be Stat padding, K/D, cert's, Directives , Territory, alerts , etc etc etc ..

There is no overriding sense of purpose that brings most of those groups together in a " grand scheme " ..
    • Up x 2
  11. Dunkarooo

well it's not even about some faction based plot... I just like to think it is. I like to think that cause I don't want to believe that padding K/D and whatnot is number one priority for so many people.

It's easier for 2 factions to beat up on 1 faction then it is for everything to be balanced in terms of where the battles are. there is nothing in the game that dissuades 2 factions from indirectly helping one another. I wouldn't even want there to be though. having to fight tr and vs at the same time means I just stay in a MAX suit the entire time and get as many kills as I can. because you know the saying if you can't beat them join them... I might as well pad my K/D if that's what this game is about for everyone else.
  12. GoyoElGringo

oh for the love of...

I was there and I didn't even notice that. I hate when people fight for territories that don't matter at the cost of those that do.

And I've only just started playing Hossin, but it seems like the TR or VS is always trying to snatch territories during alerts on other continents. It is a terrible place to be warpgated. Meanwhile, we seem to have some fascination with Esamir.
  13. Dunkarooo

I record every time I play. I could put together a video or some kind of collection of pictures(all of the map) that in fact proves that on the Emerald server the red and purple love to beat up on blue. I probably should put together a bunch of pictures and just attach it in every response to the people that are denying the madness.

Why are the hexes right out side of the NC warpgate gold for the vs and tr when there are a dozen perfectly good hexes with 1-12 or nobody in them at the VS and TR boundary lines on the map? o_O
  14. z1967

**** that, I don't want queues to get into the server. Leave Connery and Emerald as is until the pops get low enough to justify a merge.
  15. Shatteredstar

NC doesn't have a monopoly on getting stuff taken or being outpopped.

[IMG]

Theres one way to start an alert eh?

Thats where we pulled it back no less and ended up winning the alert by like 1-2% and we couldnt have done it JUST by taking NC stuff.

Maybe some other examples, it isn't NC who get the short pushed back, see a common factor on this?

[IMG]

I have more but simply put, TR and NC can take over a ton of territory just as easily as VS, depends who is playing a cont and such, now as for why NC lose alot of alerts and territory is more a function of leadership and direction I think, you guys can put up a heck of a fight when you want to, but other times it seems like most NC just keep banging their heads on a wall regardless.
  16. Dunkarooo

I can't remember where I saw it but I read that the average NC player is on the same level skill wise as the average VS or TR player. That means when you look at the stats for the players it is the same roughly. However, for whatever reason the NC playerbase doesn't seem to play the game in a way that reflects caring about winning or general try hard behavior. My theory is that the NC isn't devoid of good leaders and decent outfits. Instead I think that the NC just has LESS people willing to lead and less potent outfits... if someone wants to tell me why that is then I would really be interested.
  17. RykerStruvian

This is why I quit playing as NC on Emerald. Too many are too dumb for their own good. There are some obviously intelligent NC (as you can see in this thread) but unfortunately...you guys are the majority minority :)
  18. Waffle Fartsparkle

Most of this entire playerbase cares about a good fight far more than the meta of territory control.
    • Up x 2
  19. Dunkarooo

YES it is finally revealed to me. The reason that tr and vs are attracted to fight the NC like so many gnats swarming an overripe MANGO. The NC player base with much derping creates exciting and goofy battles that you simply cannot find elsewhere. Truth.
    • Up x 2
  20. Waffle Fartsparkle

I'm going to hope that you're being sincere, because this IS the truth. It's not JUST NC either. The majority of the entire playerbase want to participate in a good fight and ****-all about the territory control.

I participated in that fight too, even after looking at the map and I literally out-loud said, "We're being warpgated? Who gives a ****? There's an interesting 3-way fight going on over at Woodman." I later left that fight because my outfit was starting Ops, but I had fun and that's what matters.
    • Up x 2