Doctors > Nurses

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by PS2 MEDIC, Nov 27, 2012.

1. SuperLexatron

I believe the adequate response would be: 'cool story bro'

It was a joke, lighten up mate.
  2. PS2 MEDIC

alright...
    sorry about that.
  3. Ronin Oni

Eh... I dunno, we don't want to discourage new medics either...

And I usually get topped off by 90% of the medics who revive me.

I won't accept a revive if I'm in the line of fire, so waiting an extra 2 seconds to get topped off is no big deal IMO.

Now, if I had a buddy, and knew he was reviving me with his maxed out med tool, I'd accept it in the line of fire since I know I have a chance to make it to cover.

I could see putting the med applicator cert level shown in the revive window... this would mean random medics who have certed for it could get more 'combat revives' since people will know they can jump up into the action.

Refusing revives when your not in the open just seems elitest though.
  4. absolofdoom

I rarely accept a revive because most medics don't worry about there being an enemy scoped in on my corpse just waiting for his free XP. Also if I do get to cover so the medic can heal me safely they act like I just ran away from them and should now not be healed.

Also something that ticks me off: your AOE healing thing is great, but it lights us all up like a christmas tree at night, please use it wisely so we aren't sniper bait.
  5. Painwalker

All of them should happen simultaneously and whoever gets there first should get it.

I mean, if I was just about to finish reviving someone and someone else with a better thing comes along and tags the body I'm rezzing, then even though I was one tick away from finishing, they get to take over and we wait for their timer to finish instead.

It should be whoever finishes first, not who is higher certed. If they are higher certed and finish first, then fine, otherwise they shouldn't.
  6. Dictatorfish

Another suggestion: stackable healthcare.
    Every medic who does the rez-ing gets exp, -25% exp per additional medic (i.e. 100% if you're the only medic, 75% each if there are two medics, 56% each if there are three medics, 42% each if there are four medics, etc.)
    Rez speed would be stacked, -25% rez time for each additional medic based on the best Medical Applicator available (i.e. 100% if you're the only medic, 75% each if there are two medics, 56% each if there are three medics, 42% each if there are four medics, etc.)
    The person they're healing gets a total of the combined "health on rez" of the combined medics up to a maximum of 100% (e.g. two level 2 Medical Applicators on one guy would let him rez at 40% health).

This would encourage co-ordination and teamwork between medics, rather than competition, as they would be able to get through "patients" quicker if they work together rather than trying to steal exp from one another. Works perfectly well with the whole doctors and nurses allegory too, I feel.