Do you Want to Attend the UES?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Antivide

If I wanted to see NC get hilariously slapped around like a child I would hop onto Waterson or Soltech.
  2. Rhumald

I will be watching on Twitch, hopefully this is a show down between really good players and finally settles just how OP/UP certain things in the game are.

Hey now, we may have a lower population, but our strategic and tactical planning is getting such a huge boost on the individual level, we're actually getting pretty damned good.
  3. AlesTwo

Going to fetch some popcorn and watch it. I am expecting this to become the biggest live-fail in the history of online gaming.
  4. Axler

It's times like this that I'm soo glad I'm on a euro server and we don't have to put up with this stuff.
  5. Matti

Got this great idea, have it in Gothenburg, Sweden instead ;)
  6. Derfcon 1

So glad I will be stuck at work for this. Connery is my main server and it's going to be a mess. Hackers should have fun though. Maybe some will actually get banned for once when "important" players are on. But then they'll go make a new account, oh yea. Never have so few tried to make so many care about so little, or something to that effect. Looks like a Dust 514 night for me. And for all the 6 or 7 role players in this game, Vanu is OP currently, especially for noobs that get amped by stupid promos like this, so look forward to a Vanu zerg all night, your loyalty means nothing to gameplay. I wish they would just release the game fix already and stop pretending this game is a complete title.
  7. comeonman

Do you Want to Attend the UES?

No
  8. Cymoril

Nope. Not interested. Would appreciate it more if you spent more time catching cheaters and getting fixes out.
    • Up x 2
  9. Kiekeboe

No not really, but will laugh my *** off when it fails :p
    • Up x 2
  10. Arsinek

WTB metagame.....
    • Up x 1
  11. fish998

Sub 12 fanbase? Have you ever watched a TB video? His largest demographic is 25-35 yrs (this is stats from his youtube channel), followed by 16-25. Also the whole point of the event IS publicity, that's all it's about. It's to bring in new players, so naturally you're going to pick people from big gaming youtube channels, and whatever you think of TB he is proper PC gamer and Planetside player.

Picking a top FPS player? How would that generate any publicity at all? I can't even name a single FPS pro player. Honestly I don't think you understand what they're doing at all, these guys aren't the faction leaders apart from in that little event on one server for those 3 hours. That's all they're doing. They aren't the faction leaders before the event or after it's finished.
    • Up x 2
  12. MoepNMoep

such events would be nice in europe/ in all regarding countries
  13. Ecko

If it wasn't in California, I would.
  14. have2laugh

I'd love to. I'd actually settle for being able to join in but since it's only going to be happening on a US server and Im in the UK I guess that I'm out of luck.

I can add it to the list of kicks in the teeth that have included:

a late to arrive euro version of the pre-launch promo app
    nerfed rewards from said app for no apparent reason even though the challenges were the same
    the fact that beta access keys were only ever given out at hours suiting US players
    the return of 5 minute Crashes that are reintroduced every single time there is a reasonable sized update (which then takes 2 -3 weeks to be fixed, wasting my subscription time with an unplayable product)

Yup, European players of this game feel really special /sarcasm
    • Up x 1
  15. Bocaj

Hey RadarX,
    Instead of a single event, do a tour. (something like a mix between UES and Friday Night Ops, but a global pub tour?)

This accomplishes a few things:
    • satisfies "But it's not in my city" complaints.
    • spreads Planetside 2's name around (satisfying promotions dept.) just like a touring band spreads its name
    • reduces event hacking (a single large event is more of a target than a regular "friday night ops" type of event)
    • includes more people (UES or any other single-game event isn't ever going to be reason to travel > 30 min., but if it's in my city, hell yeah I'll stop by for a beer n chat)

Having a pint with fellow PS2 peeps is always fun, even if you aren't actively playing the game.
  16. Duke

Glad to see the community coming together! If not with SOE, at least united against them..lol
    • Up x 2
  17. RottenGroinArea

Everyone is waiting to watch this imbecilic "event" crash and burn.

Hey, SOE, make a good game and you won't have to do stupid promotions to try and get people to play...

Pro tip: you can't fix a sucking chest wound with a band aid.
    • Up x 2
  18. Duke

Nice Pro tip... But it's a "Sunken" chest wound, not sucking :p And it some cases, a bandaid will do just fine... Or a MRE bag.. Or the cellophane from a pack of ciggs... It really depends on if there is an exit wound, the size of the hole the projectice made or if the bullet is still in the lung....

Anyway! Nice pro tip :)
  19. Zanobyl

You are misinformed. It is indeed "sucking chest wound." Try googling it.
  20. riker

how long will the server be down tonight?