Do you Want to Attend the UES?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Jan 20, 2013.

1. RadarX

The Ultimate Empire Showdown is coming this Friday January 25th in Los Angeles! Do you live in southern California and would you like to attend an amazing PlanetSide 2 live event with the Devs and hundreds of other players?

While we are handing out a number of VIP tickets that guarantee entry through Twitter, all you need to do is drop me a private message and we can get you taken care of.

If you won't be on site, be sure to join us on Twitch.tv and stay tuned for more details about how you can be a part of the Ultimate Empire Showdown!
    • Up x 4
  2. An Hero

Not really but thank you anyways.
    • Up x 1
  3. Accuser

I'll be watching on twitch :)
    Good luck stopping hackers from ruining it!
  4. Arsinek

Actually Id like it if SOE cancelled the whole thing and put all resources and manpower on giving PS2 a metagame.
    • Up x 8
  5. GhostAvatar

What a surprise, using Twitter instead of the official forums... sigh.
    • Up x 10
  6. FantasticBoss

Pretty sure he mentioned ending a pm on the forums for tickets.
  7. Caydn

Not really but thank you anyways.
  8. Tvayumat

Don't care. Myself and many players don't give two cents for some silly battle event hosted by some fake internet celebrities. We don't care about your california party. How about we see some progress on the game we are theoretically all talking about instead?

Do you not think it will be embarassing when your "biggest battle to date in PS2" is plagued with constant infantry render distance issues and hackers flying through on their MANA turrets?
    • Up x 13
  9. Jeslis

Quoting for emphasis.
    • Up x 1
  10. HellasVagabond

This
    • Up x 1
  11. JohnnyOmaha

I love it! Go TB's TR! Will be watching the stream for sure!
  12. Dulu

So.. are they only going to allow certain players to play during this event?

They can't possibly showcase a random server event - the hackers will have a field day.
    • Up x 2
  13. fish998

I keep seeing this accusation and I just wanted to point out that TotalBiscuit is a PS1 vet, and has been covering PS2 since alpha. He hasn't just jumped onboard for this event.
    • Up x 2
  14. Absoluth

As are hundreds of other players. However, just because a certain person is a 'fake internet celebrity', he gets the spotlight. The ONLY reason he got it is due to publicity, and to the wrong crowd might i add. Nothing added more TK'ers and hackers than the pop boost tobuscus and seannaners brought with them to Helios server.

Its not an accusation. Its stating the facts. If they wanted to give a 'supreme commander spotlight' to any player, would have to be to one of the top FPS players, not a random commentator with a sub-12 fanbase.
    • Up x 1
  15. NuGundam

How can you even have a fair showdown, when faction balance is still dubious?

I just feel bad for all of the Connery players who will have to sit through queues and listen to fake leaders for a day.
  16. BigMacDeez

I wish I could be there...but alas, the Army requires my time elsewhere... :(
  17. Vreki

I would love to be in California instead of freezing my *** of here in Scandinavia.
    But while events are cool, I dislike the idea of putting some random celebrities in charge. I wouldn't be surprised if they had quite a few "accidents".
    Why not just provide the framework for the events, and let the players handle the rest?
    So far all I have seen about this event is the face of three clowns, not really something that you can identify with.
  18. Rusky

I'm cool with TB since he's a cool guy and has a good idea what PS is about.

The other guys, not so much.

Overall the whole thing doesn't impress me one bit, being from the EU even less so since it's clearly not aimed at me, but my guess would be this is mean to bring in more outside players so whether us already playing the game like it or not is quite irrelevant.
    • Up x 2
  19. Spookydodger

Are your family birthday parties planned by your plumber or your gardner or the contractor you are hiring to add a room onto your house?

Somehow I doubt most of the people responsible for hosting any facet of the UES have anything more than tangental influence on the operational mechanics of the game. Higby will be there, but we're talking about 4-7 pm.

I cam understand wanting to get more progress in the game but jeez, you're laying on the melodrama with a trowel.
    • Up x 5
  20. LameFox

And you are reading this on...